Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea that video was hilarious, one of the few videos to actually make me lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the "Martha" thing was beautifully done, and I didn't find it cheesy, at all, but, perhaps, modern audiences are too jaded for that kind of stuff, at this point (which is pretty ironic, considering how much they lament the "darkness" of the film). This isn't just a guy who loves his mom, it's a guy who's bat**** crazy obsessed enough over her and his father's death that he'd dress up in a Bat costume at night and beat criminals to a pulp, so, it's reasonable to assume that, when the guy who he's about to kill starts talking about [who he thinks is] her, he'd probably want some answers before bringing the hammer down.

Yep.
Was Nice to see a movie that refused to be cynical.
That is actually really moving.
Guys who are laughing at this must hate their mom/or the other way around ^^!

Last edited:
I liked this movie a lot more than I thought. The only nit picks I have are the random dream sequences, and Jesse isenburg as Lex Luthor.

Dreams seemed a bit too weird and unexplained for me but who's dreams can be explained. It was hard to tell what was real and what was dream even in the dream.

He was pretty annoying and not much like any lex I have ever seen or imagined. I guess I can say I know what they were trying for, and it may not have been his delivery even though I hated it, but I did not like how they portrayed him. Nervous, socially awkward, and being terrified of other people, just fell short of the criminal mastermind we all know and love to hate.

Other than than I'd say home run. Fight scenes were great. Ben was a great batman/Bruce.

I might be the minority , but I liked Eisenbergs take on Lex . He was diabolical and ruthless. Powerful people enjoy knowing information over people and Lex know Clarks family and love interest. He had Superman beat and by forcing Clarks hand, he could have had him take out his only real threat . I feel he wanted to destroy Superman mentally as well as physically. They could have handled the character better, but he did just fine . Amanda Waller could have made for an intresting cameo in preventing Lex from seeing a jail cell .

Im with you on this.
Only thing that kinda killed it is the final seconds.
Screaming with the snot kinda ruined it a bit for me.

I'll say this: for better or worse, no comic book movie has left me reeling like BvS did. The end had the hairs on my arms standing at attention, the battles had me smiling in awe, and the story had my jaw dropping in disbelief. It was unlike anything I'd ever seen before, and, quite honestly, in such an oversaturated market as this one, I consider that to be a compliment.

Thats What i like and liked with MOS.
Its unique in its craziness.
With all its flaws im far more interested by this than any generic safe superhero flick we are used to.
I wanted to wait a few days before going back but some of your comments makes le want to go back asap!

Let's see if I do this spoiler tag thing right...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Right so he gives up the entire plot of the movie because his most hated nemesis has his mothers last name, then promises to save her, then calls his enemy my friend literally 5 minutes later. Yes that makes perfect sense. And why did superman even choose to fight batman? Because Luthor blackmailed him - superman... by kidnapping his mom which batman were able to locate in a few minutes? Perfect sense.

If they wanted to do batman vs superman then go all injustice, then at least the storyline will make sense. Not because supermans mom got kidnapped...

THIS. 1000x this.

Maybe. But I bet some of the same critics who hate this movie will give the New Ghostbusters a glowing review, no matter how much it sucks.:pfft:
I'm sure some of them will, but if it's really a stinker than that film will get eviscerated even more than this one. One thing critics hate more than anything is a comedy that doesn't make them laugh.

Something that i hope Will be fixed in the extended is the Luthor scenes at the
Spoiler Spoiler:

About the ultimate cut

“We call it the Ultimate Cut because to me it’s a deeper dive into that world and there are storylines in there that get fleshed out by the longer version… I would say that we didn’t really take out much of the Superman/Batman story because I felt like, you know that’s kind of the movie, but there was some sort of interstitial stuff that surrounds the story, that kind of finishes some of the ideas that we trimmed back, and I think that’s what you get.”

“There’s a little bit of action, there’s a little bit of violence that we trimmed out for the MPAA that we put back. The Batman warehouse rescue, there’s a couple shots of Doomsday that were too intense. Then there’s a little bit longer ending, sort of the ending sequence, and the opening of the movie, the North Africa sequence is really much different.”

“It was in there until very recently, so all of it’s finished. It was really just a function of time, to be honest. Because the movie’s long now, long-ish—I don’t think it’s long, but when you get over two and a half hours the studio starts getting nervous. I’m not JamesCameron who’s like ‘No it’s three hours, suck it!’, which is cool by the way. I just wanted to try and get it to a length that is work-able.”

Wish it could be seen on the big screen.

Last edited:
I've been peeking in and out here because I haven't seen this yet and didn't want to read too much, and I'm surprised how polarized the reviews are. Lots of love and hate!

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back