Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clay Enos, who is his Still Photographer

What a horrible job he has...

JNkC1kt.jpg

There's actually still a major possibility that the R rated cut on Blu ray might get a better reception. I'm reading that the movie has some editing issues, maybe thats due to some stuff getting taken out to get this a PG-13 rating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Truth be told, people like Zack and Ben Affleck have very thick skin and aren't quite as personally affected by all the noise and negativity, thank God. But it's hard for people like me, because I'm really just a "normal dude" like you guys and so I'm in the thick of the maelstrom. I'm one of you, not some Hollywood big shot, so I can't shield myself this stuff unless I completely disengage from fandom (which I admittedly do from time to time, just to stay sane... and also to prevent myself from running my big mouth :lol ).

That said, I've also stepped away from Facebook and Twitter for a while as of today. It's better that way.

I do creative work, but my audience is small, however if I was someone in the spotlight, like Snyder or Affleck, I would stay as far away from sites like this and social media in general. The Internet is full of "tough guys" who just can't contain their baser qualities and spew nothing but vitriol all day long. While I try and take criticism constructively, I admit, some thoughtless comments can really hurt. I imagine, someone like them, if they were to pop online and see the criticism that is being unleashed, it would be like opening a flood gate and would be very hard to close it.

Personally, I don't like Snyders movies in general, but damn if I'm not envious of him and what he gets to do for a career.

You mean a thread devoted to BVS photos only? I don't think so. There are a lot of pics here, but this thread has like a million pages.

I have seen bad quality magazine scans on fb and though maybe it could be there with better quality. I will start checking tomorrow. thanks

pturtle

I have this feel too. and maybe alternative ending too.

I just saw the movie. It was great. If you like these characters, you will love it. Tbh, all these critics have no idea what they're talking about. It's 10x better than 80% of the marvel stuff.

Dropping back in here one last time to comment and share something.

I contacted Zack earlier to let him know that I'm still personally proud of him and have his back. We knew the movie would have its detractors (particularly among online critics who'd been sharpening the knives for months), but nobody expected this level of vitriol toward the film, and him personally. He's actually taking it pretty well, much better than some of us. It's amazing the savage beating that he and the movie are taking. To the point where it becomes unbelievable when you step back and realize that we're really just talking about a harmless movie here. To have that much anger, negativity and invective toward something like this with everything else going on in the world is really quite depressing. We're all fine with people not liking these movies, but lines are starting to be crossed now... and that's not cool.

Afterward, I talked to my girlfriend about it. She's a kind, sweet soul (much moreso than me :lol) but also a tad naive. She gives everyone the benefit of the doubt in ways which my battle-fatigued self cannot. In response to those attacking Zack so savagely, she said "I know he won't, but what if all of this got to him and he hurt himself or something. Then they'd feel bad for being so hateful over movies." It was then that it dawned on me... You know, I think some of them would actually LIKE for that to happen. And then I realized how far this has all gone now. It started with Lucas and the prequels, people taking things way too seriously and crossing the line with ad hominem attacks toward people who did nothing more than create something they don't like. What started this disturbing trend (which is seemingly just getting worse) Is it Social Media? The Internet itself? Mob Mentality? Or is an illumination on society itself? Who knows. But I know this: People need to start waking up to the fact that when negative energy is put out there to this degree, it's going to affect someone personally somewhere. Unfortunately, I know that there are some who LOVE that idea... that the're own vitriol can go out into the ethos and hurt someone. But is this really what we want? I really wish people would start thinking about this more.

While you're at it, can you tell him thanks for single-handedly killing a franchise? It might be a hundred years before another Superman film gets made.

It's amazing the savage beating that he and the movie are taking. To the point where it becomes unbelievable when you step back and realize that we're really just talking about a harmless movie here. To have that much anger, negativity and invective toward something like this with everything else going on in the world is really quite depressing.

Wrong time to pull this card.
A $250 million budget spectacle with a worldwide release can't be considered "just a harmless movie".
ESPECIALLY when you step back and think about everything else going on in the world.

I get your point and I'm sorry but this is a complete opposite of "trying to defuse the situation".
We're just a small community of "pricey dolls" collectors here and unable to listen to reason. :lol

I just saw the movie. It was great. If you like these characters, you will love it. Tbh, all these critics have no idea what they're talking about. It's 10x better than 80% of the marvel stuff.

totally. it this is very specific genre , its not for everybody , especially DC/Snyder stuff. you should know those characters to enjoy movies. I love MARVEL too but their movies are really simple, out of emotions and 6+. I already love BvS and can't wait to watch again. cz usually at my first time I'm shocked and blind,I'd like to watch second half about 10 times a day. WW is totally badass. still have tears on my face. lol critics doesn't know what they talk. those movies are not for everybody. they are for fans.

When movies are based on characters that people have loved for decades they are extremely harsh when things aren't going the way they want it to go. I highly doubt people would say these hateful things to the film makers or actors faces. The internet just gives people a place to say whatever kind of mean and nasty thing they like without consequences. I've done it, I'm not proud of it. I'm not a fan of Zack Snyder's movies but I have no disrespect for the man. I actually hope that whenever there is a film maker I am not crazy about, they make a movie that will get me to change my mind about them. I'm definitely going to give Zack Snyder that chance with this movie.

I'm seeing this at midnight tonight. It's funny but after reading some of the terrible reviews I'm more excited to see it. They seem to bash it for being overly serious and ponderous. I like that about DC. That is why I am a DC guy over Marvel. And I get why people like both. Can you imagine if they filmed Kingdom Come?! I like my DC stories pondering Gods among humans and ramifications of that. So I am going into it with an open mind and hopefully I will like it.

I feel for you man, as a FoX-Men fan, I thought it was all but over for that franchise after X3 and Origins :lol

Suicide squad might redeem this new DC universe, and if they hire a new director for JL everything should be fine.

Being another X-Men fan primarily, you make a good point here. I was in the same boat as you. After X2, I was really psyched about the possibilities of the franchise, though I gave up hope really after the next two films. Now, I'm excited again about where it all goes from here! It just takes the right team at the helm to do right by a franchise.

I'm just shocked that after three years of gathering a dream team of sorts and really listening to the criticism of MOS that WB *still* couldn't just figure out how to make an inoffensive enough Batman/Superman movie that could win over even half of the critics.

You completely lost me right there, buddy. :lol
I was thinking the same thing :lol

Sure, the cast is fine, but. . .

:lol

Dropping back in here one last time to comment and share something.

I contacted Zack earlier to let him know that I'm still personally proud of him and have his back. We knew the movie would have its detractors (particularly among online critics who'd been sharpening the knives for months), but nobody expected this level of vitriol toward the film, and him personally. He's actually taking it pretty well, much better than some of us.
In a sense, I can relate. I write academic manuscripts from time to time, which have to be accepted for publication in peer-reviewed journals. Very rarely do I get a response that it is accepted with no major revisions. Instead, usually they get heavily criticized, and sometimes it is damning and borderline insulting. And it hurts hearing that, because this is something I put a lot of work into, and something that I feel is of value and worthy of being published obviously.

Having said that, a lot of professions open themselves up to criticism. And being criticized by the public is part and parcel of being in the public spotlight, whether you're an actor, director, musician, politician, CEO, athlete, etc. And that's not new. Though the treatment of directors as publicly known celebrities is probably at an all-time high now. Even the best of them (like Spielberg and the Coens) get criticized at times. Sometimes it's unfair, but if you see personal insults or whatever, hopefully the target can have be detached enough to understand that the people saying those things are just being what the masses will often be--asses. But I do feel geek comic fans, and critics generally, voicing displeasure at WB's choice to keep him and Goyer on is totally appropriate. Because they want to see characters they care about being handled the right way, and they want to have rewarding film watching experiences. That being said, WB doesn't have to listen. Hell, Snyder doesn't have to listen, either. But in the academic world, if you can't publish, you perish. And in the filmmaking world, there is a parallel (though the case of M. Night Shyamalan sure is an odd outlier case--how that guy constantly gets more high profile work I'll never understand). I think Snyder and Goyer have definite strengths. But I do not think they should be taking the helm for the most important DC films to be frank.

Back