Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's gonna go up.... r-right guys?

al-nervousperson.gif

tumblr_ljry5cYRfQ1qixleeo1_500.gif

2H9rfgc.gif

Batman V Superman will be the new Batman Forever. A movie that makes some good money, but quickly forgotten in a decade filled with super hero films. Can't wait for the next reboot :yess:

It could not continue the Nolan-esque tonal quality of MOS- that movie didn't capture a large enough audience to launch a multi-film universe from...WB had to create something different and yes for all practical reasons more "Marvel-like" to capture the now superhero filled world they are trying to create...

True, but can't the acting at least be decent? From what I'm reading this movie is really really cheesy at times. I'll be seeing it on Thursday and form my own opinion but a lot of these reviews sort of confirm the fears I had watching the trailers.

The fact that Rory liked the films scares me even more actually :lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True, but can't the acting at least be decent? From what I'm reading this movie is really really cheesy at times. I'll be seeing it on Thursday and form my own opinion but a lot of these reviews sort of confirm the fears I had watching the trailers.

Yep we will find out soon enough...!!!

WTF :lol :lol :lol

Sounds like IrishJedi might lose some credibility on this one. What'd he say it was again, "a straight 10?" :monkey3
I never said anything remotely like that, nor did I (or will I rate it). I simply shared my thoughts on some specific aspects and things and said its better than MAN OF STEEL (which it absolutely is, so if these RT scores don't reflect that then I'll be convinced some people were just out for the movie).

Batman V Superman will be the new Batman Forever. A movie that makes some good money, but quickly forgotten in a decade filled with super hero films. Can't wait for the next reboot :yess:
Nah.

I honestly don't understand these "cheesy" comments. There's some humor and it's more comic bookish and fantastical than MAN OF STEEL, but it really isn't anything campy at all. Some of the reviews make it sound like the Schumacher Batman films, which is just ridiculous. :lol

And the acting is more than decent across the board.

I never said anything remotely like that, nor did I (or will I rate it). I simply shared my thoughts on some specific aspects and things and said its better than MAN OF STEEL (which it absolutely is, so if these RT scores don't reflect that then I'll be convinced some people were just out for the movie).

Oh I know, I'm just giving you a hard time. :lol People always lose their **** if a big movie is simply "good" or "entertaining" and not "great." I imagine I'll enjoy BvS just fine.

:lolMan this forum is more fun than watching about 70% of the movies I see- can not wait till Friday when all cannons are fired here at once!!!!!!!!!!:yess:

Oh I know, I'm just giving you a hard time. :lol People always lose their **** if a big movie is simply "good" or "entertaining" and not "great." I imagine I'll enjoy BvS just fine.

Exactly- they take it PERSONALLY as an insult if the world is not under their umbrellas...so to speak:lol

I'm by no means a marvel fanboy, but I can't help but notice the movies likeability slipping in my mind after seeing it yesterday. Batman in particular is really annoying me right now. How on earth does suicide squad take place after this and Jokers still out there? IF Joker became locked up at all after killing Robin, then Batmans logic makes 0 sense.

I honestly don't understand these "cheesy" comments. There's some humor and it's more comic bookish and fantastical than MAN OF STEEL, but it really isn't anything campy at all. Some of the reviews make it sound like the Schumacher Batman films, which is just ridiculous. :lol

I wonder if some people aren't so influenced by the Nolan treatment of Batman that they consider that to be definitive for the character now.

After all - I love the MCU but it's quite silly at times and rarely gets called on it. Though I do think, even in comics, it's a more delicate balance between grimness and humor with DC than with Marvel (in general).

Nah, put that in context. I hated MOS. In comparison I liked this. Thought this was much more fun, but I believe it's very silly and uneven.
And I found it difficult to comment on as it is so odd. A fun mess of a movie. Never said I thought it is a good movie let's put that fire out now. :lol

I have no problem with the humor and the comicbooky feel, but if the performances resemble anything close to the little snippet of acting from the trailers, then I'm worried. I pretty read most of the spoilers and I don't expect anything mind blowing from the script, so I'm hoping at the very least, the performances will be good enough to overshadow the script.

I wonder if some people aren't so influenced by the Nolan treatment of Batman that they consider that to be definitive for the character now.

That could possibly be it. And, if so, it would be very unfortunate, because this Batman is much more like, well, Batman.

I have no problem with the humor and the comicbooky feel, but if the performances resemble anything close to the little snippet of acting from the trailers, then I'm worried. I pretty read most of the spoilers and I don't expect anything mind blowing from the script, so I'm hoping at the very least, the performances will be good enough to overshadow the script.

Just for conversation's sake - what specifically bothered you? Aside from the shock of Eisenberg's Lex, the only dialogue that bugged me in the trailers was the "thought she was with you" exchange.

Back