Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw the film during the early Imax screening. There are no scenes during or after the credits. When the last scene happens before the credits, that's it. Just thought I'd save some of your time :)

Gigantic spoilers below

Spoiler Spoiler:

Just saw the film. Gigantic spoilers.

Spoiler Spoiler:

How full of hot air are the early reactions?

he should have pointed out Godzilla...

Godzilla is an animal who doesn't care about human life he just wants to obtain his goal and he doesn't care what's in the way. (70s Godzilla was nice tho). Um but anyway superman was always that guy who could do no wrong and saved the earth without fail.

I meant the overwhelmingly positive early comments from both the Mexico and the NYC premiere, like:

First Reactions To Batman V. Superman Are Very Positive | Comicbook.com

I mean, I know how early reactions are, but many of these guys are kinda prominent figures and not just random Joes.

Sorry about that. I'd say the early reactions are understandable to a degree, but some are blown out of proportion. It is not the greatest comic book movie ever made, but it's far from the worst in my opinion. I'll have to see it again on Friday to really know what I think about it.

Will be seeing this in a couple of hours. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.
Not really buying the positive comments just yet, Ultron was the same. "best CBM Eva!"
Well in actual fact it just was an enjoyable romp with some fun characters.

Anyway.

Will be seeing this in a couple of hours. I hope to be pleasantly surprised.
Not really buying the positive comments just yet, Ultron was the same. "best CBM Eva!"
Well in actual fact it just was an enjoyable romp with some fun characters.

Anyway.

I don't think anyone will trust Twitter reactions again

:exactly:

Smart not to, that's all corporate controlled stuff.

When it comes to movies the only opinion that matters is yours.

When it comes to Batman movies the only opinion that matters is yours and DiFabio's. :lol

kinda hard to form an opinion when you havent' watch the movie.
And you could just watch the movie to form an opinion,
but that's when regret and time wasting comes into place. I regret watching the Hobbit movies, I wish I could erase them from my head. I wish I didn't pay to see them, I wish I could get that money back (As small as it was)
Or regret watching Catwoman movie, with the Hobbit I knew what to expect, but with Catwoman I went entirely blind to it. i kinda wish I checked some reviews.

kinda hard to form an opinion when you havent' watch the movie.
And you could just watch the movie to form an opinion,
but that's when regret and time wasting comes into place. I regret watching the Hobbit movies, I wish I could erase them from my head. I wish I didn't pay to see them, I wish I could get that money back (As small as it was)
Or regret watching Catwoman movie, with the Hobbit I knew what to expect, but with Catwoman I went entirely blind to it. i kinda wish I checked some reviews.

It's amazing to me still that some people (names need not be mentioned) fail to understand a simple fact.
Saying a movie is going to be great without seeing it is actually forming an opinion without seeing it.

What's particularly funny in this case is that a lot of people who have formed negative opinions about this movie based on what has gone before and what has been presented so far. Not based on speculation. These options have been formed in a more informed way than usual. The kids in here seem more blind sighted than the normal CB geeks and just cannot seem to accept that any option other than their own has a place in this thread.

Most negative views in here are not pulled out of one's ass, they are based on trailers and a full movie, yes a full movie that has gone before.
Will BVS be a better movie than MOS? I would be shocked if it wasn't because the bar was set so low.

Anyway, I will pop back in here later to freely express my views on the final product, I don't expect anyone to care about my views beyond curious reading, in the same way that I read others opinions, as an adult without needy juvenile importance issues or aggression. It's a ****ing movie for gawd's sake.
This thread though is one for the history books.
I'm still hoping for a dumb, fun exercise in overindulgent film making.
A Snyder movie in other words, I just hope he has reigned in the bad dialogue and cheesiness.
They kinda kill a movie for me.

It's amazing to me still that some people (names need not be mentioned) fail to understand a simple fact.
Saying a movie is going to be great without seeing it is actually forming an opinion without seeing it.

What's particularly funny in this case is that a lot of people who have formed negative opinions about this movie based on what has gone before and what has been presented so far. Not based on speculation. These options have been formed in a more informed way than usual. The kids in here seem more blind sighted than the normal CB geeks and just cannot seem to accept that any option other than their own has a place in this thread.

Most negative views in here are not pulled out of one's ass, they are based on trailers and a full movie, yes a full movie that has gone before.
Will BVS be a better movie than MOS? I would be shocked if it wasn't because the bar was set so low.

Anyway, I will pop back in here later to freely express my views on the final product, I don't expect anyone to care about my views beyond curious reading, in the same way that I read others opinions, as an adult without needy juvenile importance issues or aggression. It's a ****ing movie for gawd's sake.
This thread though is one for the history books.
I'm still hoping for a dumb, fun exercise in overindulgent film making.
A Snyder movie in other words, I just hope he has reigned in the bad dialogue and cheesiness.
They kinda kill a movie for me.

technically it is not truly an informed opinion on a movie, we have made informed guesses. Just like I can guess that Ghostbusters will be garbage. I am 90% confident that it could suck, but I wont know for sure until....until..... until.... until... I see the reviews from critics I trust.
thats the thing everyone doesnt get. A lot of critics a re bought and alot of hype is fake and alot of critics are either haters or defenders.
But there ARE some critics that you can trust more than others, specially on youtube. what I love about youtube critics is that they are just nerdy men like us. I trust more one of those online nerds that I trust some writer for the New York Times for example.

you cant form a full opinion before seeing it just by going by the trailers. if you either read the entire script, watch it, or check out a lot of reviews then you can have a better guess.

An informed positive guess is no different than an informed negative guess.

Each is based on what has been presented so far: Man of Steel, and a lot of trailers.

If you like what you have seen so far, there is a chance that you will like BVS.
If you hate what you've seen so far there is a chance that you will hate BVS.

No one is right or wrong. Are you getting the point at all?

Everyone's wrong but me. This movie will be...something. I don't know. I haven't seen it, yet. I'll get back to you on Thursday. You're still wrong, though.

An informed positive guess is no different than an informed negative guess.

Each is based on what has been presented so far: Man of Steel, and a lot of trailers.

If you like what you have seen so far, there is a chance that you will like BVS.
If you hate what you've seen so far there is a chance that you will hate BVS.

No one is right or wrong. Are you getting the point at all?

well my first point is that relying on reviews (Trusted reviews) is not as bad or stupid as everyone says it is.
you cannot make a 100% opinion on a movie without seeing it (and without hearing what others think) you will not always agree with trusted critics, but like I said about the Hobbit. all the problems the critics i like were the same problems I had. the same problems a lot of people had. MOS has problems that thousands of people can agree on.

the hate for movie reviews is ridiculous because we IN HERE Are even reading each other's opinions... so when people here attack movie reviews and THEN they review movies themselves. well, that's pretty dumb.

I am 90% sure Ghostbusters will suck
but guess what, Ill be damn sure to check reviews as soon as they come out. i never understood the whole movie review hate thing

Back