Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

If the Begins Batman game is anything to go by, I don't think Bale's Bat voice was his fault.

In the audition and game recordings, his voice sounds great. He basically took his Bruce Wayne voice and dropped the octaves a bit to be a little more stern and whispery. Pretty much like Keaton Batman where it's the "I'm cool and collected, ***** you ain't got nothing on me" voice, which Conroy excels at. It's not that toothy, insincere Bruce voice, but it isn't the outrageous, unhinged "dooooo triggerz pahhhdzzz" voice either. It's that more nuanced, darker place deep in your chest, not spitting out all your words like a bat-**** crazy Daffy Duck.

Nolan was probably the reason the voice was so horrible, either telling Bale to go further or going to town in post production. Clearly the voice in the audition, in the game, and in most of Begins is the natural performance of what Bale had in mind for the character.

It was a very realistic voice IMO. Gritty, dark. Just what we needed. Not what we deserved.

Nolan Batman's voice is great.

UFg34rG.gif

Nolan Batman's voice is great.

UFg34rG.gif

That's a great gif :clap

I never had a problem with Bale's voice, it's all the dialogue, yelling, and emotions he has to show that ruins the voice a little bit. Keaton and Kilmer didn't talk much, or show any emotions, they just had the low voice. Meanwhile, Bale had a lot more dialogue and on top of that, his Batman character was more emotional.

When Bale is in the interrogation scene with the Joker, his voice was great, nice and low, but then by the end of that scene, he is angry and yelling, which is fine, but it's tough to yell and say long lines of dialogue and sounding natural while using that Batman voice. The other Batman actors never had to deal with that, because they didn't have as much dialogue and they didn't express any real emotions with their voices.

However, Bale's voice in the BB game, was far better than the films, imo.

Conroy and Weller were the best because they did it naturally, without forcing their voices or lines.

Craig Smith sucked, he forced his Conroy too hard (maaan, sounds so wrong) yet it felt like piss poor version of Bale Begins.
Hell, even Baker did much better job for LEGO stuff.

That's the beauty of it, though. It's kind of a meta-encapsulation of the inherent "eightiesness" of it. In comparison with other Batmen, you're right. Weller's nowhere near the top, but, for that version, I felt his performance worked perfectly. It was stunt casting that helped flesh out the atmosphere.

That's the beauty of it, though. It's kind of a meta-encapsulation of the inherent "eightiesness" of it. In comparison with other Batmen, you're right. Weller's nowhere near the top, but, for that version, I felt his performance worked perfectly. It was stunt casting that helped flesh out the atmosphere.

:goodpost: :exactly: :lecture

I see the reasoning behind it, and it sounds great in theory, in the execution it was lacking imo.

Michael Keaton was asked to be the TDKR Joker, but turned it down.

Decided to be in Robocop reboot instead. :lol

Back