Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Darseid flying thru the buildings shot is almost identical in MOS, with even the little pan.

Pretty sure that happened at the end of the movie, when he started fighting the other Kryptonians. He did it by punching and destroying things, etc.

Punching the Kryptonians yes, punching them through things and buildings? No, destroying things? only the ones I pointed out, seriously people, watch the movie again, tell me I'm wrong and Superman actually destroyed more than that, maybe you can find teeny tiny bits of destruction that add an insignificant bit more to his destruction account if you really try, but nothing that adds to "taking down a building" or "destroying half of the city".

And nothing that falls out of line with what we've seen in comics, animated series and movies.

Those claims are simply false.

My problems with the destruction in MOS

1) I think a lower key (non-alien) threat is more appropriate for Superman's very first outing as Superman.
2) but since they did do it this way they should at least have shown Superman being shocked and upset by it, not kissing Lois in the midst of total devastation, not destroying a drone and being smug about it

My problems with the destruction in MOS

1) I think a lower key (non-alien) threat is more appropriate for Superman's very first outing as Superman.
2) but since they did do it this way they should at least have shown Superman being shocked and upset by it, not kissing Lois in the midst of total devastation, not destroying a drone and being smug about it

Now those are some actual critiques.

And I agree with both, the kiss scene is dumb and the movie could've done without it.

So they are basing the whole premise of this on the failings of the last movies awful script? Way to go WB!! :lol

That's how Hollywood works today.
I laughed way too hard after Chloe Moretz recently said that video pirates are to blame for the box-office failure of KA2.

Now those are some actual critiques.

And I agree with both, the kiss scene is dumb and the movie could've done without it.

Supes grabbed Zod when he was gonna thrash mama Kent and flew him straight through a huge factory, probably killing 100's inside. The scale of the destruction was ridiculous. They then proceeded to use Smallville as a wrestling ring not ever showing even slight remorse or concern for the world around them.
It was ****ing stupid. End of.

That's how Hollywood works today.
I laughed way too hard after Chloe Moretz recently said that video pirates are to blame for the box-office failure of KA2.

I lol'd at that as well when I read it.

Supes grabbed Zod when he was gonna thrash mama Kent and flew him straight through a huge factory, probably killing 100's inside. The scale of the destruction was ridiculous. They then proceeded to use Smallville as a wrestling ring not ever showing even slight remorse or concern for the world around them.
It was ****ing stupid. End of.

Wrong.

It wasn't a factory, it was one of those silo things where they store grain, that's what I meant by "barn thingy".

And again, the only things Superman destroyed were the things I mentioned.

The only thing stupid is that complaint, that some people keep repeating even though it's completely false.

Wrong.

It wasn't a factory, it was one of those silo things where they store grain, that's what I meant by "barn thingy".

The only thing stupid is that complaint, that some people keep repeating even though it's completely false.

Busted ^^
I guess there is nothing more to add since those complains are based on bad faith or selective memory.
(And 1 2 3 4 5 before "the movie was so dumb i forgot about it right outside the theatre" excuse)

But hey who knows maybe hes right, maybe 100 guys were in those silos.
Gotta Check frame by frame.

No concern for Smallville, i think Supes saying something like "go inside its not safe" Oh wait he probably said " go inside or ill kick your asses" coz he´s Hopeman you know, the genocidal maniac from outer Space!

My memory is not what its used to be :)

Last edited:

The silos were a tornado shelter for the homeless of course, and they were all huddled in there together. Not that Superman would have known, as his dad taught him you willfully walk into a tornado when you see one coming. So, I guess that's excusable.

Wrong.

Whatever man. It's just BS.
We get it, you love MOS, you think it's "hawt". A lot of other people think it's drivel.
Constantly debating why everyone else is wrong takes energy which I'm not willing to waste on MOS.

So sure yeah, everyone else is wrong, the destruction in MOS was completely logical and in keeping with the Superman character.

:lol

Whatever man. It's just BS.
We get it, you love MOS, you think it's "hawt". A lot of other people think it's drivel.
Constantly debating why everyone else is wrong takes energy which I'm not willing to waste on MOS.

So sure yeah, everyone else is wrong, the destruction in MOS was completely logical and in keeping with the Superman character.

:lol
Gaspar wins.
hD1F9702D

I can't believe you guys:) Rorywan, you have a great collection and some great skills about customizing but sadly you are away of reading comics I guess:) How many of you guys read Superman's death graphic novel:)? It is a mass destruction and not only the story takes place in Metropolis! And why don't anyone find the same stupidness for Avengers? Iron Man destroys the flying snake thing without ever thinking if anyone get hurts! When your enemy is powerful as you are or if it is a alien invasion, you can't run away from destruction besides it is the first days of Clark as Superman so he is so unexperienced! Also who reads Superman: Earth One story? The movie is nearly based on this story and man the alien race nearly destroys the America! These are the movies which are based on comics, remember:)? And do you remember the scene where Batman jumps off from his pent for catching Rachel? They fall from a skyscraper and not die:))) And we call the trilogy of Nolan crap as the most realistic comic-based movie:)? Common...

Batman: "Admiring your handiwork?"

Clark: "Surveying the devastation. Gravely assessing the damage. Hope for the masses stuff."

Batman: "You're not a symbol of hope."

Clark: "Things change."

Batman: What do you want?

Clark: Ah the direct approach, I admire that in a man in a mask.
You don't think you'll really win do you?

Batman: Things change.

Batman: What do you want?

Clark: Ah the direct approach, I admire that in a man in a mask.
You don't think you'll really win do you?

Batman: Things change.

Man this is the coolest dialog ever written for a movie! In my opinion, no Batman movie will be cooler than Returns! Tim Burton is still the man!

Back