Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

No one who knows anything about color would ever call grey a color.

Exactly! And no one that knows anything about film or these characters would ever call this type of "grey" (be it gainsboro, or my personal favorite, slategray) superior to what else is out there.

It relates to what I was mentioning with my "undefined" and "ambiguous" comments. Those two movies with their football stadium explosions and death-by-tornado scenes are grey in every sense of the word. They are undecided in their wishy washy messages (are Batman and Superman "heroes"?). They don't have personality of their own, they adapt to any other color (other superhero movies). They will look either dark or light, depending upon the color next to it (Marvel). Grey is associated with boredom, solitude and emptiness. Like a rainy or snowy day *cough* TDKR *cough*.

People mistake this grey for being compelling and "deep", well if lack of color or personality is their thing, go for it I guess. In this day and age, who wants to be reminded of the grimness of the world? The grayness of politics, government and terrorism? Masochists maybe. One of the reasons Star Wars was so fun and energizing was because in the 70s, the world was "grey" and nobody wanted to be reminded of it. Star Wars had color. WB and DC's recent bout with superheroes on the big screen, those are not. That's not to say I don't like me a good tale world weariness, corruption and bleakness, but films like DOFP, Dark Knight and Winter Soldier are about as far as those should go.

Se7en is totally more upbeat than MOS. At least the murderer died at the end of that one.

"I killed your precious incubated offspring."

"No, no, no!"

*snap*

Yikes. So MOS is basically Se7en but with Spacey killing Pitt at the end. :lol

Last edited:

So MOS is basically Se7en but with Spacey killing Pitt at the end. :lol
And they call it "Superman"...

aeNYLMO_460sa.gif

Yes, it does. If you don't like the TDK suit, that's a different subject, but the TDK suit looks better in the film than it did on the set. :dunno

Well, you can still see the same tight, ill-fitting mask and the ghastly pant leggings' rolls and folds in the thighs, even with the filtered cinematography.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Looks good in the dark on the Batpod in heavy shadows that you posted though, so I dunno. Anyway, I think Superman is alright. I can't judge it until I see it in action. The ALS challenge and BTS stuff of it look okay to me though. Just needs them undies and a yellow belt.

Last edited:

lulz ^^^

Begins suit didn't look so great in on set pics.

Besides, if Superman's suit looks like this on film, I don't give a **** what it looks like in ice bucket challenges.

GaDWkL3.jpg

**** the suit, his bloody head/face doesn't look like that in reality.

:lol

They did a huge amount of PS on that image to make him older and Miller-ish. They just used wet look gel in the film.

It's all about lighting and "movie magic" :lol

Even the actors need the magic to look right sometimes.

Arnie on the T2 set(biker bar scene) His body didn't look as great as it did on film. He looked more tanned and younger in the film. He was still in good shape.

Arnie in T3, once again, on film things look better because the filmmakers show you what they want you to see.

I agree that the new suit looks like a big step down from MOS and that it does look a lot cheaper like a kid's Halloween costume.

That's an expensive looking kid's Halloween costume.

Wake me up later in 2015 when there are more details about the movie. But only if they're interesting.

Wake me up later in 2015 when there are more details about the movie. But only if they're interesting.

By that time I'm sure 10 more JLA characters will have been announced.

Okay I did think of one example of a suit that looked terrible on set but then decent on film:

spider-man-575.jpg

amazing-spider-man-costume-action.jpg

Obviously the ASM2 suit was still a million times better.

Back