Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

^ He would've been a better choice for Alex Murphy than the current guy actually (but the thick accent, yeah).

He's an amazing actor. But the accent hurts when thinking of him for roles like this. I'm not sure I have ever heard him without it. It would be interesting if he could. His Hannibal has become my favorite thing on tv right now.

If this cast that deaf sounding guy Ryan Gosling, I WILL NOT see this movie

eric-bana-time-travelers-wife.jpg

My first choice would still be Bana, but i think Joel Edgerton is a good shout.

If this cast that deaf sounding guy Ryan Gosling, I WILL NOT see this movie

You can relax, Gosling's not going to be Batman. :lol

While I agree with most of what you said. How is Zack Snyder overrated? Everyone hates him, especially the "critics." :lol

Very true, I guess it only takes a few studio VIPs to think he's the man for the job. Hardly makes him "overrated." :lol

Very true, I guess it only takes a few studio VIPs to think he's the man for the job. Hardly makes him "overrated." :lol

:lol True. To be honest I'm not really a big fan of Snyder's work either. I hated Watchmen, and 300 was just decent at best. Man of Steel was by far his best work.

That's why they are actors :lol

They act out roles and portray things called emotions. They play people they aren't. It's really catching on in the industry.
Hell, if looks are irrelevant, then why not actually cast Daniel Day Lewis as Batman? Or Philip Seymour Hoffman? Or maybe even Jennifer Lawrence?

Looks are always irrelevant. Comic book fans need to seriously get over that.

Batman- Male, early to late 40's. That's all the information you need to cast the character. Anyone can change their hair, or get makeup..ect.

They become the character. Why can't people understand that?

This is Josh Brolin.
josh.brolin.jpg

This is Tommy Lee Jones

tommy-lee-jones-as-agent-k-in-men-in-black.jpg

With the magic of make up...he becomes....

Young-Agent-k-men-in-black-3-29737659-2048-1098.jpg

But that's only a small fraction of it. He became the character of Agent K. And he completely nailed it.

Batman- Male, early to late 40's. That's all the information you need to cast the character. Anyone can change their hair, or get makeup..ect.

This is Josh Brolin.
josh.brolin.jpg

This is Tommy Lee Jones

But that's only a small fraction of it. He became the character of Agent K. And he completely nailed it.

:exactly: My big problem is the making him older than Superman. They have always been contemporaries. It is not a mentor/mentee relationship. Making Bruce the grumpy old man kind of robs him of some of his place in the JL and bigger universe. He's supposed to be the peak of what the human body is naturally capable of. His mind and body are sharp. not saying 40 is old, but no athlete is in their prime at that age. That's my big complaint. It's like they can't think of how to make him look good in JL with other superpowered characters, so their horrible solution is to make him old, and then he can be the Patton like General. Which he is anyway, and he's as young as they are. I hope they do not go the old Batman route.

This is Josh Brolin.
josh.brolin.jpg

This is Tommy Lee Jones

I completely don't agree. Comic characters have certain qualities that their live action counterparts should also retain. These include personality quirks, intelligence levels, and yes, physical traits. Included here is gender, race, physical size, age, and even things like facial structure. OF COURSE looks are not the only factor that matters. Acting skill is critical. But you need a compromise. Particularly with guys who audiences know very well (unlike, say, RDJ, where about 1% of the audience knew jack about Tony Stark before the films, so RDJ could be himself and no one would bat an eye).

With Batman though, there's a hell of a lot of leeway, because he's been interpreted in so many different ways over the years. So conceivably he could be played by a broad range of actors. But some actors will better "look" the part of Batman than others. Same for GL, or Plastic Man, or Lex Luthor. And all other things being constant, those things should matter. I would be damn curious to see P.S. Hoffman or Steve Buscemi as Bats, but really, the vast majority of movie-goers will not accept that.

If He's Batman
josh-brolin-goonies.jpg

Heres the Bat-Family
empire_goonies.jpg

zz254dfc6e.jpg

Hell, if looks are irrelevant, then why not actually cast Daniel Day Lewis as Batman? Or Philip Seymour Hoffman? Or maybe even Jennifer Lawrence?

Because Day Lewis is too old and wouldn't be interested. Hoffman wouldn't want to get in shape for the part and Lawrence wouldn't agree to a wiener prosthesis.

Last edited:

Looks are by no means irrelevant here, they're almost as important as the skills.

Looks are by no means irrelevant here, they're almost as important as the skills.

Well I have a horrible feeling they will ignore the pretty decent actors on the table and go for the True Blood guy. He's a terrible "actor". :(

Someone like Bana could save it some.

So bale is no go for this one?

Back