Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman vs. Superman (2016)

The problem with Batman is he's been overworked on the film rotation and when the sun needed to come out for a bit, we got MOS. Part of what made Batman 89 so welcome is that we had ten years of one brightly colored superhero hogging all the screentime. Now they've painted themselves into a corner while Marvel is supplying all the bright colors and warm feelings. My question is at what point do they completely start over if they keep getting bad PR over each announcement they make about "MOS" 2?

They could just release a full length Batman CGI movie made by Rocksteady.

:chase

Batman vs. Superman (2016)

Part of what made Batman 89 so welcome is that we had ten years of one brightly colored superhero hogging all the screentime. Now they've painted themselves into a corner while Marvel is supplying all the bright colors and warm feelings.

Bingo! I think you have something there sir. It was a nice thing with Iron Man and The Dark Knight, both contrasted eachother so much in terms of tone it was enjoyable on either ends. Now if DC had to make a warmer film, it would seem a lil out of place IMO.

No it wouldn't. But retards will compare it to MCU and Schumacher's movies.

In short folks - not a new concept.. but DC just don't have the balance right.

It's pretty ****ing pathetic.

Such a rich universe of characters & stories to run with - plus the means to employ the right talent to realize it all, & yet they're like a shopping trolley with a broken wheel - all over the place.

No it wouldn't. But retards will compare it to MCU and Schumacher's movies.

Im sorry, but the ending of MOS where he takes down the predator drone, jokes with the Colonel, and the girl says he's kinda hot, compared to the rest of the movie's tone, was WAY out of place. They're just not handling it right.

In short folks - not a new concept.. but DC just don't have the balance right.

It's pretty ****ing pathetic.

Such a rich universe of characters & stories to run with - plus the means to employ the right talent to realize it all, & yet they're like a shopping trolley with a broken wheel - all over the place.

They just have to find themselves, it could be that theyre just trying to hard and this delay was due to them slowing down and just tweaking it to see what works??

They just have to find themselves..
Well, yeah.. I kinda just said that. :lol

..it could be that theyre just trying to hard and this delay was due to them slowing down and just tweaking it to see what works??
As far as this new film goes - possibly - maybe.

In general? It seems there's some serious internal non-concensus going on with the DC arm of WB - too many chiefs & not enough indians, as it were.

It needs to be sorted out at the TOP, before **** starts working for them. You can have the right resources to get things moving, but if folks' hands are tied due to the whims of the money men.. WB/DC's destined to become a haphazard brand at best, relying on ONE flagship character as their proverbial crutch. :lol

the ending of MOS where he takes down the predator drone, jokes with the Colonel, and the girl says he's kinda hot, compared to the rest of the movie's tone, was WAY out of place.
Umm, okeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey... Dunno what MoS has to do with my post.

Anyway:

Well, yeah.. I kinda just said that. :lol

As far as this new film goes - possibly - maybe.

In general? It seems there's some serious internal non-concensus going on with the DC arm of WB - too many chiefs & not enough indians, as it were.

It needs to be sorted out at the TOP, before **** starts working for them. You can have the right resources to get things moving, but if folks' hands are tied due to the whims of the money men.. WB/DC's destined to become a haphazard brand at best, relying on ONE flagship character as their proverbial crutch. :lol

:lol my bad, and that seems to be the explanation everyones going with huh.

And you really can't blame WB for being cautious with DC's characters. They trusted them with Green Lantern and it was just all over the place. If DC starts to produce better and better films, WB will feel more comfortable with them doing what they want to do. Which is why I think they're slowly introducing characters like Wonder Woman into this film. Only way they can satisfy and earn the higher ups trust.

Umm, okeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey... Dunno what MoS has to do with my post.

Anyway:

Didnt you say that DC's films wouldn't feel out of place if they went with a warmer tone?

I was just pointing out an attempt in MOS where they tried to get a laugh out of the audience but was just presented at the wrong time... I mean he just snapped someones neck...

Didnt you say that DC's films wouldn't feel out of place if they went with a warmer tone?
Yes I did and MoS has nothing to do with warmer toned movies.
Random retarded jokes is just an attempt to get teens into it. You can find same crap in Nolan's trilogy.

What I still don't understand about all comic book movies in General is why do these movie studios hire comic book writers to write these comic book films? A Mark Waid superman movie would be awesome, so would a Peter David Hulk. Whenever a new comic movie is made the writer or director always say, "I want to stay true to the character, but this is our version." How can you stay true to the character then change him?

Frank miller wrote Sin City

The whole point Marvel started making their own films is due to other film studios not getting the character and just missing it, Ghost Rider is a good one.

Actually it was due to those films starting the marvel movie trend that Marvel even got to make their own movies.

I wonder how Snyder is going to change Wonder Woman's outfit? I could never take a dark and gritty Wonder Woman running around in a strapless bathing suit.

She most certainly won't be wearing a skirt

Actually it was due to those films starting the marvel movie trend that Marvel even got to make their own movies.

In an interview with Avi Arad or Kevin Fiege, it was mentioned that Marvel was getting irritated that film studios weren't getting the characters during pitches. One example was Ant-Man, studios thought he got ant powers from a radioactive ant.... And irritation like that and the expansion of Marvel led to Marvel Studios.

Back