Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snyder's that guy at a party that you absolutely dread running into because you know you're going to have to listen to him humble brag for hours about a bunch of **** that he'll try to convince you has really deep meaning and was completely intentional even though you know that he's just reaching to connect symbols and stories to sound smarter than he is. Meanwhile, you stare at him the whole time wondering why he didn't just become a cinematographer so he could make pretty pictures instead of becoming a hack director that got in way over his head with the DCEU.

Snyder's that guy at a party that you absolutely dread running into because you know you're going to have to listen to him humble brag for hours about a bunch of **** that he'll try to convince you has really deep meaning and was completely intentional even though you know that he's just reaching to connect symbols and stories to sound smarter than he is. Meanwhile, you stare at him the whole time wondering why he didn't just become a cinematographer so he could make pretty pictures instead of becoming a hack director that got in way over his head with the DCEU.

As opposed to Ruin Nojohnson and gender studies Star Wars....give me his DCEU anyday vs ST SW

:lol :lol

To me at least, none of the "themes", the philosophical pandering and half baked sermons worked in the DCEU movies. I blame the Nolan Effect, where people now are so desperate to make superhero stories "thought provoking" and distance themselves from the stigma that superheroes are for kids that they end up compromising basic good old fashioned story telling because they have little faith or understanding in the source material.

I remember the pre-release MOS interview where Snyder said he got rid of the red briefs because it "doesn't fit in with this real world" and he wanted to convey the actual real world with Superman in it. I thought even back then, it was a bad sign.

:lol :lol

To me at least, none of the "themes", the philosophical pandering and half baked sermons worked in the DCEU movies. I blame the Nolan Effect, where people now are so desperate to make superhero stories "thought provoking" and distance themselves from the stigma that superheroes are for kids that they end up compromising basic good old fashioned story telling because they have little faith or understanding in the source material.

I remember the pre-release MOS interview where Snyder said he got rid of the red briefs because it "doesn't fit in with this real world" and he wanted to convey the actual real world with Superman in it. I thought even back then, it was a bad sign.

:lol :lolThat's funny because he also did an interview where he said this:

The costume was a big deal for me, and we played around for a long time. I tried like crazy to keep the red briefs on him. Everyone else said, “You can’t have the briefs on him.” I looked at probably 1,500 versions of the costumes with the briefs on

Also, for his decision to eventually get rid of the red briefs, he never had a choice. DC decided not to use the red briefs in films or comics so they wouldn't have to pay the Siegel and Shuster families because they still owned the "red brief" rights at the time. :slap

Lex is the main reason I can't watch this movie again.

And did anyone see the "Death of Superman" animated trailer/footage? How the hell does DC ruin this story for a 2nd time? They're using the new 52 costumes on Supes & the JL characters, and gave Doomsday those dumb looking tusks on his face, and now he has heat vision too? And it seems they changed the story of how Doomsday arrived on Earth. WTF?

The creators said they new DC dropped the ball on the original and wanted to do this iconic story right by the fans. This looks just as bad and wrongly done as the 1st attempt. Why the hell do they feel the need to change anything? You could simply just take the story as is and animate it. It was a great story, no need to change anything. I just saved some money as I won't be buying this either... Maybe another $5 bin buy for me if at all.

DC was at lest making pretty good/decent animated films. I guess they want to make them feel closer the the DCEU and have these suck too......:(

Still my favorite part of the movie......yum yum yum yum

Tao-Okamoto-Mercy-Graves-1.jpg

What can I say?

The ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶t̶ boner wants what the ̶h̶e̶a̶r̶t̶ boner wants.

Back