Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow no steel covers left a best buy :( anyone who goes for the steelbooks, does best buy restock the shelves or is it that limited?

Annnddd I just set up a mini home theater in my basement with a projector and all so just wanted to say I am stoked to watch this again with it,

Picked my copy up. I will be watching it sometime this week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

WB sucks balls with them pushing UltraViolet. Luckily I triple dipped on this movie, the iTunes digital HD helps with my apple tv's all over the house, because; kids, the flixster version is just there thanks to WB, and my BD copy for the ultimate sound goes boom version. I got the 3d version but forgot it's the regular theatrical version(I know they mentioned here) and the ultimate edition, which means later on we will get another edition with the 3d ultimate cut.

3D is awesome on this movie, I had to optimize my tv to get rid of the ghosting, and some scenes were good even after conversion my only complaint is the format but i'll get over... I don't know why but I think the favorite scene of this movie for me is the knightmare scene.

Decided to watch the film tonight and I watched the extended version. Honestly it still didn't wow me. It did clear up some of the story issues and scenes cut from the theatrical and added a bit more graphic scenes but it dragged out even longer to the point of being really bored. Probably won't watch the extended version again the theatrical was already long enough but it did help clarify the scenes that weren't there and helped me understand the story more. Not a bad film but still not great in my eyes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Watched the extended cut with my kids today. I LOVE IT! It's even better than the theatrical cut. It does far better job of fleshing out the story and making some scenes feel a little less disjointed. I've seen this in the theater 3 times but this extended cut made this movie even more enjoyable for me. Watching this again has me anxious to see Ben in a solo Bat movie and the upcoming JL movie.

Wonder Woman's Theme recorded with an electric cello:

https://geekprince.tumblr.com/tagged/is-she-with-you?

l3ptnc3rkq49pniwz7jb.gif

I didn't see it in theaters so I had no basis to go on about content or length. But I got the ultimate edition yesterday. Way, WAY too long, took forever to develop and get going and too many dream sequences and things going on. Who was the guy at the end of Bruce's nightmare sequence, who says "lois is the key" never explained nor went back to him. I don't know if that was an 'extended' scene or not.

Overall I know they are using it as a lead in with the stand alone movies of WW, aquaman, flash, green lantern, but as of now I'm less inclined to see any of them. Plus I never liked Aquaman, Flash or Green Lantern. WW sorta piqued my interest but since they didn't really do much with her in this one they left it too ambiguous to even pique my interest, they didn't make me 'care' about knowing more since they did a terrible job in presenting the character. Affleck as Wayne/Batman wasn't horrible, and I did like that they seem to be hinting that Batman has a darker agressive side (With the whole basis of why Superman doesn't like him). I like his 'branding', as IMHO Batman IS a dark character.

But the other complaint I've had is the new trend of all of these movies to have over the top sensationalized mass destruction of cities. Started with Avengers I think and now it's like if half a city isn't obliterated with tens of thousands of collateral damage, it's not considered a good movie. Makes it less believable in my eyes.

I liked what Nolan did with the Batman saga, but I was not impressed with Superman Returns, Man of Steel or this one for the Superman side of things.

DC is trying to combat the Marvel 'franchise' movies obviously, but even those are starting to get stale. Movie for sure could have been shorter and more concise.

Never heard of Flash?

uh yeah but they didn't say who it was, so how you're supposed to extrapolate it's him?? That's my issue. Not everyone seeing it is going to know every innuendo and small tease they put in. It would have been nice to have some connection that's all, as if it's a foreshadow event as I think it is, it would seem to me it's kinda important to at least explain WHO it might be. If they wanted to make a movie like this with tiny hints that only the die hards will get, there is your answer why everyone is very mixed on it.

uh yeah but they didn't say who it was, so how you're supposed to extrapolate it's him??

Because you can see the Flash symbol pretty easily on his chest? And it's clearly Ezra Miller. Who is playing the Flash in the DC Cinematic Universe. Who they also show in a later scene in the movie use his super speed. I didn't think it was all that hard to figure out.

On first (and only) viewing, I didn't recognize it as Flash. Face looked really weird there, and his suit made him look more like S.T.R.I.P.E. or Rocket Red than Flash. Only because I am familiar with Crisis on Infinite Earths did I make the potential connection. In fact, I recall much of the early discussion in this thread had people confused.

Because you can see the Flash symbol pretty easily on his chest? And it's clearly Ezra Miller. Who is playing the Flash in the DC Cinematic Universe. Who they also show in a later scene in the movie use his super speed. I didn't think it was all that hard to figure out.

I know a future movie is coming out, but I have no idea WHO is playing him so no way to recognize actor. Yes there was a scene where obviously 'flash' was in when she's watching the video, but still there is no direct comparison unless you are immersed in the lore of the genre.

On first (and only) viewing, I didn't recognize it as Flash. Face looked really weird there, and his suit made him look more like S.T.R.I.P.E. or Rocket Red than Flash. Only because I am familiar with Crisis on Infinite Earths did I make the potential connection. In fact, I recall much of the early discussion in this thread had people confused.

exactly what I'm talking about. I know of Flash and that's about it. Have NO clue what Crisis or Infinite Earths is or this S.T.R.I.P.E. For a passive/casual fan of this comic line as myself it's clear we're getting left massively confused who only the die hard fans will 'get'. I'm not saying make the movie for only the die hards OR the casual fans, but the regular fans who may be unfamiliar need to ask these questions. Not everyone reads EVERY DC/Marvel comic.

The couple of special features where they are interviewing the actors and director they have banners in the background with comic book type panels of scenes in the movie, does anyone know if those images are available online?

Finally watched this last night. It's not as bad as critics say. It's just that Snyder is a terrible story-teller. He is just the worst.

The extended "R" rated edition was just too long. Holy crap.

Back