Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's completely counter-intuitive.

Hmmm . . . completely fictional, too.

CARMINE INFANTINO:
[Writing as "Cinfa" in History of the Comics, Vol. 1, No. 13, Dec. 1990:]

"On one day I was delivering my work, Julie told me we were going to try The Flash. He said it was decided at an editorial meeting. He gave me a script by Kanigher. (I know Kanigher had a lot of input. It was in his style.)

I was told to design a costume. I chose a stark bland one with lightning bolt accents. (Those belts would help in creating the speed effects for the character.) I always kept him slim, like a runner; wiry, too. Others bulked him up. Different strokes for different..."

6205.jpg

__

Well superheroes real to me, in my dreams :monkey2

Yeah, like I said, he can look whatever because speedforce, but once you try to ground him or rationalize him, then the Flash should only be skinny when he's about to starve to death :lol

Personally I don't like him too buff either, Manapul nailed the buck for me.

flash242.jpg

Last edited:
"Using a full body cast of actor John Wesley Shipp they made foam latex pieces out of all the muscles, about two to four inches thick. Then, they painstakingly glued each piece onto a suit and covered it with a red material sprayed with a sealant. While Shipp was in amazing shape, the suit gave him the exaggerated body of a comic book superhero. They made a total of eight suits: two suits made for Shipp, two suits for the show's stuntmen, two for photo doubles, and two for close-ups. The suits cost $100,000 each. The costumes alone cost almost a million dollars."

the_flash_making_mag_zps8e2hvlvu.jpg
Elaborate hoax.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I don't see it.

Technically, that Flash costume was influenced by Masters of the Universe action figures. :lol

Carmine Infantino's design still seems the most logical:

flash-times-two.png

Allen should be lanky like a marathon runner full of slow-twitch muscle fibers.
Not a muscle-bound 'roid freak. :lecture

<nerd rant off>
:wink1:
___

Of course, I meant the Flash series costume was inspired by the 89 movie. I'm not talking about style. I'm just saying the 89 movie was popular and was the first using a rubber suit with sculpted muscles.

The Flash copied that. Actually, they were so much inspired by the Batman movie that they went as far as hire Danny Elfman for the score and light the sets with some comic bookish colors to cater to the Burton's fans.

Of course, I meant the Flash series costume was inspired by the 89 movie. I'm not talking about style. I'm just saying the 89 movie was popular and was the first using a rubber suit with sculpted muscles.

The Flash copied that. Actually, they were so much inspired by the Batman movie that they went as far as hire Danny Elfman for the score and light the sets with some comic bookish colors to cater to the Burton's fans.

Umm, 89/Returns had no comic bookish colors, are you thinking Shumacher? :lol

89/Returns are famous for their dark bleakness.

Just stick with 89 Batman if we're talking darkness in Burton Batman films. Happy Feet was a darker movie with Penguins than Returns.:lol

A lot of men in here talking about what men should look like in spandex. Weird.....

tumblr_o9j55rvmUI1s2wio8o2_500.gif

Sorry guv' -- by all means continue with your normal topics like magnetohydrodynamics and freewill vs. predestination . . .

:clap
Of course . . . I remember the show . . . and the whole padded muscle-suit craze popularized by Keats-Bats.
Shipp-Flash couldn't move his neck at all either. :lol
Even the Raimi spider-suit had latex muscle augmentation, as I recall.

89/Returns are famous for their dark bleakness.

More for their circus cheesiness. :lecture

tumblr_o9po7gW7lA1s2wio8o1_500.gif

___

Back