Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a question for anyone... I have been very careful not use the word "fun." I don't consider this a fun movie, but I do consider this a movie I enjoy. Does this make sense? I agree with the critics that it is not a fun movie, but that doesn't take away from anything in my opinion.

Enjoying something and "fun" aren't mutually exclusive, imo.

Out with friends for dinner ....went to movie tavern and everyone wants to see this movie. Second viewing in 5....and I wasn't going to watch it at all opening weekend :rotfl

That's how it starts, the bitterness, the rage, the negative buzz that makes men; curious...

I have an issue with this and I am glad you posted this. This Batman is built as a super bad-a**. He is not afraid to fight Superman because it may be the only thing that he does that truly matters. Then in the fight he basically ****s his pants..... That is another moment I would personally edit out. I don't like it. Sure, it adds a more human aspect to Batman, but I personally don't view Batman like this. He is cool, calm, and composed in fights, that scene goes against it.

I have mixed feelings about it.

Part of me agrees with you.

Out with friends for dinner ....went to movie tavern and everyone wants to see this movie. Second viewing in 5....and I wasn't going to watch it at all opening weekend :rotfl

What else is there to do in Ohio. :lol

I believ it wasn't all CGI all the time, they did make a physical armor and used it in some shots
4vqLRnf.gif

That's awesome! Thanks, fellas. Great to know that Affleck actually wore the armor. :yess:

i am really wondering what the young audiences were thinking with this, this movie kind of felt like watching inception to me. or watching fight club or something
If i was 10 i dont think i would have made it through, this is a very adult movie. the themes, the character interactions, the plot, the only thing for kids is basically the end.

Fun has been reduced to amount of quips and jokes, I have fun when I see 2 guys in tights beat the **** out of each other, I have fun when a story engages me, dark or serious as it can be, even horror movies can be fun, I don't know why fun became a misnomer and reduced to funny or comedy. Personally I did have fun.
:goodpost: :lecture

i am really wondering what the young audiences were thinking with this, this movie kind of felt like watching inception to me. or watching fight club or something
If i was 10 i dont think i would have made it through, this is a very adult movie. the themes, the character interactions, the plot, the only thing for kids is basically the end.

Kind of like the Nolan TDKT films. I don't think any of them are for kids.

Building the suit? I'm surprise it wasn't in the film. Maybe they thought it would be too similar to Iron Man? Which is the wrong reason not to do something, if that something is a good idea, like not putting an after credit scene because that's the "Marvel way." :slap

Exactly! Just like the 'this part of the city is deserted' and the 'thank god it's the end of the working day and no one's in the city' comments, it seemed like they were just trying not to upset anyone.

Exactly! Just like the 'this part of the city is deserted' and the 'thank god it's the end of the working day and no one's in the city' comments, it seemed like they were just trying not to upset anyone.

True, I smiled when I saw that. AOU did that too...Tony even bought a building in like 5 seconds just to justified the destruction :lol

My 6 year old son really enjoyed the movie. He didn’t ask a ton of questions when it was over so i don’t think it was too confusing for his little mind. He knew what was going on. He sat there for 2.5 hours and didn't move once- eyes fixated on the screen the whole time- that is a pretty big feat in itself. If he was confused or bored he definitely would have asked to leave or been squirming in his seat like hell (especially after all the candy he ate). I warned him that the monster, doomsday, kills superman in the comics so that he wouldn't be too upset if it happened in the movie. He still cried at the end, he said dad "i really can't believe superman died, "superman can’t die" lol he obviously didn't believe me- He didn’t notice the dirt floating, or if he did he didn’t know what it meant. The one thing that he didn't like was the Vampire Bat scene- it scared the crap out of him.

Back