Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm telling you like all great films it has to be viewed several times to absorb all the nuances and such in it. It is very overloaded for a "superhero film" but I say it strives to be much much more than one...if you get what I mean...

I've said it already, and I'll say it again: It's not a "deep" film in the classic sense of the word. It's not thought-provoking and it doesn't make you ponder anything. BUT! It is overloaded with sub-plots and world-building which yes, make it worthy of repeat viewings. They hurt the movie on a film-making level, but for us fans, yes, they're great for theories and speculation. The Knightmare sequences plus Lex's ramblings easily point to Darkseid. Now that I've read various comments on other web-sites, it's evident they're expanding the Wayne history (Court of Owls and Doctor Hurt anyone?). Man-Bat, now that we've gotten confirmation, while a weird "easter egg", is exciting just for what it alludes to.

So, yeah, much as it pains me to admit it...kudos, Snyder, kudos... I may not like every decision you've made, I may not really care for your style, but, your world building is excellent. It's just that they could've been implemented better. I thought the JL cameos made sense, but the whole Knightmare/Flash thing could've been handled better.

I got goosebumps watching the SS trailer in IMAX, especially with Queen thundering through the speakers. :rock

Lucky sods. All I got were some horror flicks... Now that I think about it, our cinemas put horror trailers in front of almost all CBMs. Strange...

There is still the issue of who the hell calls their mum by name....that was kinda jarring to me.

However, I have my own theories.

1) Having Superman actually saying ''Mom'' might have seemed too much like ''crying for mommy'', rendering him childlike
2) It's possible he fully expected Batman to kill him and he wanted to ensure that Batman would actually investigate what he was talking about, therefore giving her actual name would be a good idea.

Remember that he is trying to protect his identity I think, at this point, we don't know if batman knows he is Clark kent

Remember that he is trying to protect his identity I think, at this point, we don't know if batman knows he is Clark kent

Another great point! For all Clark knew Batman would kill her via her association with him, possibly holding her partly to blame for raising him, etc. Best to not divulge their relationship since if he knew that Bats was more likely to rescue an "innocent" as opposed to an accomplice.

I think the honest question we can ask is, is it the end of the 2.35 hours for a showing enough for theaters? I think it's safe to say that the ultimate edition of this flick will kill it, and this time I don't care if it's longer than any of the hobbit trilogy combined, and I am so glad marvel/Disney hasn't gotten into that bandwagon of extended cuts, but I am so triple dipping any versions of this movie that comes out, except those steel book editions since they suck balls

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Saw it again with the family. I loved it still, family thought it was good. Although I think my family enjoys any movie they go to see. I saw a 9:00 pm showing on sat night and this couple brought in baby who cried and screamed for the first hour and a half until an employee came in and took them out. Regarding the world building aspect, its one of my biggest complaints about today's movies. Especially with the mcu movies, they seem like they are a dime a dozen, each just inching forward to something else. Can you guys believe how long ago the first avengers was with a glimpse of thanos? But when compared to this movie, I think BVS felt way more complete.

Totally worth it but the conversion kind of sucks. Nothing's shot in 3D anymore. I'm a 3D buff but this movie was ok, if your theater has digital 3D you know you are in for a ride, but mine had analog glasses

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Totally worth it but the conversion kind of sucks. Nothing's shot in 3D anymore. I'm a 3D buff but this movie was ok, if your theater has digital 3D you know you are in for a ride, but mine had analog glasses

Hmm, okay thanks. I wonder if I'll bother. That one shot in the trailer where Supes is flying through the blasted landscape looked cool in 3D but I don't want to sit through two and a half hours of crappy conversion just for a neat moment or two.

I actually didn't think the 3d was so bad. During the doomsday fight the fire and effects of doomsday were looking pretty cool, I actually appreciated doomsdays design much more. There's a specific close up of doomsday's face with those energy lighting bolts all over him and I was impressed for sure.

Hmm, okay thanks. I wonder if I'll bother. That one shot in the trailer where Supes is flying through the blasted landscape looked cool in 3D but I don't want to sit through two and a half hours of crappy conversion just for a neat moment or two.

I was spoiled by the X-men: Apocolypse trailer in 3D (looked AMAZING). BvS 3D was pretty non-existent save for the opening credits which was pretty nicely done (gun pointing at the Waynes, pearls, falling (and rising) Bruce). The opening part of the Knightmare scene was pretty good too, but I don't remember anything else really standing out.

I actually didn't think the 3d was so bad. During the doomsday fight the fire and effects of doomsday were looking pretty cool, I actually appreciated doomsdays design much more. There's a specific close up of doomsday's face with those energy lighting bolts all over him and I was impressed for sure.

Doomsday did look great. I didn't think the CG was nearly as 'giant turd-ish' as a lot of people. That close up you mentioned looked fantastic.

Went back and found some of jye's and JAWS' initial comments on the movie. Pretty much agree on almost all counts.

Can you IMAGINE if WW footage had been kept secret? Maybe just show her in street clothes in the trailers so we think that maybe she's just JL foreshadowing in this Batman/Superman movie and then BAM full costume against Doomsday?? I would have totally **** myself James Cameron style if I had seen that moment cold. :lol

Also agree on Superman sitting in the burning Capital being one of the most powerful scenes in the movie. Hell it was a powerful scene for ANY cbm.

Also agree on Superman sitting in the burning Capital being one of the most powerful scenes in the movie. Hell it was a powerful scene for ANY cbm.

That didn't do much for me. Did he even stick around to help put out the fire? The news report of him disappearing after the explosion would seem to suggest he didn't which is another black mark against this Superman.

That didn't do much for me. Did he even stick around to help put out the fire? The news report of him disappearing after the explosion would seem to suggest he didn't which is another black mark against this Superman.

a-dev ain't letting Superman Returns sequel go no matter what. :lol

Back