Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm no saying it's a conspiracy, could be many things, maybe valid or not, I'm not in denial, I see the flaws of this movie, I am saying the film did not get a fair shot with the critics, that's it, if you don't agree that's fine.

If you ask me, denial is to think the 20 or 30 something on RT is warranted or accurate, but that's not my problem.

Were the critics unfair to Matrix Revolutions?
Were critics unfair to League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

Because this was exactly like those two movies.

"The results are a devastating rebuke to the power of mainstream American critics at a time when many newspapers have already outsourced their reviews to wire services and the rise of bloggers has de-professionalized the practice of assessing a film’s attributes and demerits."

That's actually a pretty good sting from Variety, directed right at elitist movie blog dorks like Faraci, Goldberg and McWeeny who like to think that have a lot more power and influence than they actually do, which is almost none at all.

I'm no saying it's a conspiracy, could be many things, maybe valid or not, I'm not in denial, I see the flaws of this movie, I am saying the film did not get a fair shot with the critics, that's it, if you don't agree that's fine.

If you ask me, denial is to think the 20 or 30 something on RT is warranted or accurate, but that's not my problem.

This.

The film isn't a masterpiece nor a piece of ****.

If it sat in the 70s on RT, nobody would be questioning the real motives behind these critics reviews.

Because it currently sits at a ridiculous 29% people are starting to both lose faith in the critics and are finally beginning to question their integrity.

Corporate warfare is no myth. Its real and happens all the time.

"The results are a devastating rebuke to the power of mainstream American critics at a time when many newspapers have already outsourced their reviews to wire services and the rise of bloggers has de-professionalized the practice of assessing a film’s attributes and demerits."

That's actually a pretty good sting from Variety, directed right at elitist movie blog dorks like Faraci, Goldberg and McWeeny who like to think that have a lot more power and influence than they actually do, which is almost none at all.

I hate to say it but their voices do have the power to influence people. The press is powerful, now more than ever with one-touch phone apps that basically tell you what to watch, eat and think.

If BvS has no legs it'll be mostly due to the negative press.

something I loved was this

and of course Wonder Woman was incredible. she saved the last part of the movie. i love her, I love Gal Gadot. she was incredible.

This.

The film isn't a masterpiece nor a piece of ****.

If it sat in the 70s on RT, nobody would be questioning the real motives behind these critics reviews.

Because it currently sits at a ridiculous 29% people are starting to both lose faith in the critics and are finally beginning to question their integrity.

Corporate warfare is no myth. Its real and happens all the time.
Pretty much, it's dumbfounding.

Were the critics unfair to Matrix Revolutions?
YES.
Were critics unfair to League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?
Don't remember.
Because this was exactly like those two movies.
Maybe it is a bit like Revolutions. But you're implying Revolutions is a bad movie because it has bad RT score. Think for yourself. There are many. MANY other examples of legitimately good movies that have **** RT scores.

I'm going out of my way to defend this movie on its own merits, and you're dragging comparisons just because. I could just as easily say, like others have said, that the fact that most MCU movies are fresh or that TFA has a 90 something % and this having such a ****** score is proof enough, but I'm trying to stay away from that because that's gonna turn this thread into **** and I like this movie too much to not defend it on its own merits.

Pretty much, it's dumbfounding.

YES.

Don't remember.

Maybe it is a bit like Revolutions. But you're implying Revolutions is a bad movie because it has bad RT score. Think for yourself. There are many. MANY other examples of legitimately good movies that have **** RT scores.

I'm going out of my way to defend this movie on its own merits, and you're dragging comparisons just because. I could just as easily say, like others have said, that the fact that most MCU movies are fresh or that TFA has a 90 something % and this having such a ****** score is proof enough, but I'm trying to stay away from that because that's gonna turn this thread into **** and I like this movie too much to not defend it on its own merits.

Im comparing it to Matrix 3 because it felt like it had similar structure.
and comparing it to League because they added the same amount of stuff to League. This movie feels like if Matrix 3 and League had a baby. Im not joking.

take the worst things of Matrix 3 and the worst things or League and you have Batman v Superman.
So my question was, were those bad movies? and did they deserve the bad rating? because to me this definitely deserves the rating.

I didn't even think about it... it's all his fault.

BUT WHY???????????

W1BOapY.png

Here's my theory. After he was "done" with his Batman trilogy, WB wanted to create a shared universe to compete with Marvel, but Nolan was like, I don't want to do that, so I'm "walking away", but I'll still "help" you with MOS. Meanwhile, his working on other films, while Snyder and WB take his suggestions, but why does he want to sabotage the DCCU? Because he had no choice but to walk away from Batman because they wanted that shared universe. So what's Nolan's plan? He will sabotage Snyder until all these films fail critically and eventually financially, thus opening the door for Nolan to come back and make the one film he always wanted to make, Batman Beyond with Christian Bale! And why is this film so important? Because one of his favorite films of all times is Blade Runner, which he used as an inspiration for Batman Begins, to the point he was showing the film on the set of Batman Begins to the actors and crew. Batman Beyond will be his Blade Runner! That..is Nolan's plan...diabolical! :lol

Batman V Superman Opens With $424 Million Globally, Biggest Ever For a Comic Book Movie | Comicbook.com

‘Batman v Superman’ Box Office Success Shows Reviews Don’t Matter | Variety

I totally agree with this and this generation of bloggers, they are way over their head and just makes them look like he A-holes they seem to be.

and comparing it to League because they added the same amount of stuff to League. This movie feels like if Matrix 3 and League had a baby. Im not joking. take the worst things of Matrix 3 and the worst things or League and you have Batman v Superman.
I don't see it though, I feel everything that's in the movie is there for a reason, maybe a bit clunky in execution though.

And I don't think I can point at a single bad thing, I can point at some very good things that are poorly placed, or some bad things within some good things, like Luthor, who imo is bad and good, good performance of Eisenberg, but bad because he's no Luthor. Stuff like that.

So my question was, were those bad movies? and did they deserve the bad rating? because to me this definitely deserves the rating.
I don't remember the League, but Revolutions isn't bad, and I'd say BvS is better than Revolutions.

Here's my theory. After he was "done" with his Batman trilogy, WB wanted to create a shared universe to compete with Marvel, but Nolan was like, I don't want to that, so I'm "walking" away, but I'll "help" you with MOS. Meanwhile, his working on other films, while Snyder and WB take his suggestions, but why does he want to sabotage the DCCU? Because he had no choice but to walk away from Batman because they wanted that shared universe. So what's Nolan's plan? He will sabotage Snyder until all these films fail critically and eventually financially, thus opening the door for Nolan to come back and make the one film he always wanted to make, Batman Beyond with Christian Bale! And why is this film so important? Because one of his favorite films of all times is Blade Runner, which he used as an inspiration for Batman Begins, to the point he was showing the film on the set of Batman Begins to the actors and crew. Batman Beyond will be his Blade Runner! That..is Nolan's plan...diabolical! :lol

wow, im speechless...

D95VIOt.gif

Here's my theory. After he was "done" with his Batman trilogy, WB wanted to create a shared universe to compete with Marvel, but Nolan was like, I don't want to that, so I'm "walking away", but I'll still "help" you with MOS. Meanwhile, his working on other films, while Snyder and WB take his suggestions, but why does he want to sabotage the DCCU? Because he had no choice but to walk away from Batman because they wanted that shared universe. So what's Nolan's plan? He will sabotage Snyder until all these films fail critically and eventually financially, thus opening the door for Nolan to come back and make the one film he always wanted to make, Batman Beyond with Christian Bale! And why is this film so important? Because one of his favorite films of all times is Blade Runner, which he used as an inspiration for Batman Begins, to the point he was showing the film on the set of Batman Begins to the actors and crew. Batman Beyond will be his Blade Runner! That..is Nolan's plan...diabolical! :lol

I'm gonna be honest, I would LOVE a Superman movie directed by Nolan and written by Terrio. Hard-sci fi with Interstellar/Inception cinematography.

Oh btw, you were right about "it's just a dream of a farmer from Kansas" being about Pa Kent.

I don't see it though, I feel everything that's in the movie is there for a reason, maybe a bit clunky in execution though.

And I don't think I can point at a single bad thing, I can point at some very good things that are poorly placed, or some bad things within some good things, like Luthor, who imo is bad and good, good performance of Eisenberg, but bad because he's no Luthor. Stuff like that.

I don't remember the League, but Revolutions isn't bad, and I'd say BvS is better than Revolutions.

well, why did they need to add Louis going to Africa? why was that necessary?
why was it necessary to prove that the bullet came from Lex? why was it necessary for people to blame Superman for the deaths in Africa?

if they didn't make the movie 2 years later, Superman could have just gone to court because of the destruction in Metropolis. The Africa stuff is literally not necessary...
they did that so that Louis had something to do, otherwise she would have nothing to do. her detective plot was pathetic.

like I was saying before, that was so convoluted... just to prove Lex is bad? Why even base those shootings in Africa? that could have been done in America. if they needed a reason for people to fear Superman why the F __ K not do it in America where it would make more sense that people would question superman... omg this makes no sense..

I feel like I need to take a shower for liking this movie. :lol

My nephews just said to me:

"Uncle Joe we're not going to go see BvS because it got very bad reviews!" :slap

Sigh.....

I had to drag my brother to see it today. He had seen me post my 8.5/10 grade on Facebook on Thursday but that got flushed out by everything else he read over the weekend (which was all negative). Anyway, got him to come today, we watched it in 70mm. He really enjoyed it. When the credits rolled he said to me "Really dug it, man. Much better than Age of Ultron." which we saw together last year also.

Sad thing is the guy would def not have seen it had I not pushed him to go with me today.

well, why did they need to add Louis going to Africa? why was that necessary?
why was it necessary to prove that the bullet came from Lex? why was it necessary for people to blame Superman for the deaths in Africa?
Because she's a reporter? Lex used this.
Yes it was necessary to prove whom the bullet came from, how else do you put the guilty in jail?
Because they were caused (or staged) by Superman's intervention, that's why even the UN doesn't step into some conflict zones, because they cause more conflict. That was ****ing great, and it's been touched in the comics, that Superman is simply not allowed into some countries (like Kahndaq, missed opportunity) because of this.

if they didn't make the movie 2 years later, Superman could have just gone to court because of the destruction in Metropolis. The Africa stuff is literally not necessary...
But it is necessary because Luthor's now in the game, and this happened because of Luthor.

Why could he go to "court" (hearing) for saving the world? He went to the hearing because some of the survivors wanted to talk **** to his face, and he would indulge them.

they did that so that Louis had something to do, otherwise she would have nothing to do. her detective plot was pathetic.
She's a journalist, she's doing her job, this wasn't caused because of Lois, it was because of Luthor.

Lois not knowing what to do with the spear, THAT was the plot not knowing what to do with Lois and forcing a last moment between Supes and Lois. Not the Africa stuff.

like I was saying before, that was so convoluted... just to prove Lex is bad? Why even base those shootings in Africa? that could have been done in America. if they needed a reason for people to fear Superman why the F __ K not do it in America where it would make more sense that people would question superman... omg this makes no sense..
What's convoluted about it? It was in Africa because that's was where Lois was, I don't get what's so confusing about it or what doesn't make sense... Did you give a little thought to the movie? I'm not saying "oh it's so smart u no get it", but it seems you're just: "this makes no sense, that makes no sense, that doesn't make any sense either" without bothering to invest in it.

The league of extraordinary gentlemen is so bad according to everyone else it ruined a lot of careers and actually made Sean Connery quit acting forever.

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

and comparing it to League because they added the same amount of stuff to League. This movie feels like if Matrix 3 and League had a baby. Im not joking.

take the worst things of Matrix 3 and the worst things or League and you have Batman v Superman.

I hated the Matrix 3 and yet love BvS. People have different perspectives, especially pro critics compared to general audiences. Critics hate it, the general audience likes it. It did over 400 million world-wide the first week so it is a success. They expect it to do well next week as there is really nothing coming out or anything to compete with. I don't understand why anyone listens to critics. They don't know what I like, and more often than not, they get it wrong.

I'm someone not into any of the super hero movies, but I'll buy the Blu-ray on this one.

Here's some info that puts the success of this movie into perspective (success equates to money earned, not high scores from critics) -

"With an estimated $170.1 million, Batman v Superman topped the March opening weekend record previously held by The Hunger Games at $152.5 million. Should estimates hold, and WB seems to be confident they will, this also tops the $169.1 million Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 opened with in 2011, making it the largest domestic opening for the studio. This is also the largest Easter opening, topping the $147.1 million brought in by Furious 7 last year as well as the largest opening for a film based on a DC Comics property, a record previously held by The Dark Knight Rises at $160.8 million."

From an audience perspective, Batman v Superman received a so-so "B" CinemaScore with a "B-" coming from males, which made up 62% of the audience, and "B" from females. Audience members under the age of 18, however, scored it an "A-".

The film brought in an estimated $254 million internationally this weekend, giving it the fifth largest international opening weekend of all-time. The global opening of $424.1 million is the fourth largest of all-time.

Seen it and thought it was great, 3 things still really bugging me tho:

1. Lex
2. Why are they having visions
3. Batman killing

Because she's a reporter? Lex used this.
Yes it was necessary to prove whom the bullet came from, how else do you put the guilty in jail?
Because they were caused (or staged) by Superman's intervention, that's why even the UN doesn't step into some conflict zones, because they cause more conflict. That was ****ing great, and it's been touched in the comics, that Superman is simply not allowed into some countries (like Kahndaq, missed opportunity) because of this.

But it is necessary because Luthor's now in the game, and this happened because of Luthor.

Why could he go to "court" (hearing) for saving the world? He went to the hearing because some of the survivors wanted to talk **** to his face, and he would indulge them.

She's a journalist, she's doing her job, this wasn't caused because of Lois, it was because of Luthor.

Lois not knowing what to do with the spear, THAT was the plot not knowing what to do with Lois and forcing a last moment between Supes and Lois. Not the Africa stuff.

What's convoluted about it? It was in Africa because that's was where Lois was, I don't get what's so confusing about it or what doesn't make sense... Did you give a little thought to the movie? I'm not saying "oh it's so smart u no get it", but it seems you're just: "this makes no sense, that makes no sense, that doesn't make any sense either" without bothering to invest in it.

what would have happened if she got shot? then what? how did Lex knew she was going to be sent there specifically? Did lex already knew he was Clark? so he was counting on Superman to save her, but did they ever explain why she was the one over there? So the plan was to get Louis to go over there for some reason,specifically her ok, and then the plan was to shoot everyone but somehow Louis wouldn't get killed in the middle of that? and then Superman showing up and saving her and then blame him.... Why did Lex needed to blow up everyone while Superman was there? so I get that he wanted to kill Granny peach tea but, he wanted the public to hate superman by having an explosion that most people could tell was not his fault? and then what??? Turn batman against him? but... did Lex already know Batman wanted to kill him? what was the explosion for then?

I hated the Matrix 3 and yet love BvS. People have different perspectives, especially pro critics compared to general audiences. Critics hate it, the general audience likes it. It did over 400 million world-wide the first week so it is a success. They expect it to do well next week as there is really nothing coming out or anything to compete with. I don't understand why anyone listens to critics. They don't know what I like, and more often than not, they get it wrong.

I'm someone not into any of the super hero movies, but I'll buy the Blu-ray on this one.

Here's some info that puts the success of this movie into perspective (success equates to money earned, not high scores from critics) -

"With an estimated $170.1 million, Batman v Superman topped the March opening weekend record previously held by The Hunger Games at $152.5 million. Should estimates hold, and WB seems to be confident they will, this also tops the $169.1 million Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 opened with in 2011, making it the largest domestic opening for the studio. This is also the largest Easter opening, topping the $147.1 million brought in by Furious 7 last year as well as the largest opening for a film based on a DC Comics property, a record previously held by The Dark Knight Rises at $160.8 million."

From an audience perspective, Batman v Superman received a so-so "B" CinemaScore with a "B-" coming from males, which made up 62% of the audience, and "B" from females. Audience members under the age of 18, however, scored it an "A-".

The film brought in an estimated $254 million internationally this weekend, giving it the fifth largest international opening weekend of all-time. The global opening of $424.1 million is the fourth largest of all-time.

as far as the box office goes, this is the first time that I really hate a movie but at the same time I want to see it succeed... I dont think I ever felt that emotion before.
feeling angry about seeing it but hoping it gets its billion dollars... I dont know if there is a name for such an emotion.

Back