Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:pray: Seems to be doing very well at the BO, I hope he stays.

Nobody should be surprised Batman was out of his league, and that's how it should be, Batman should provide brains, strategy, technology and intelligence to the JL, not muscle.

Batman as usual was able to "handle" Supes for a couple of minutes with Supes holding back, kryptonite, prep time, etc etc. There was none of that for Doomsday, he wasn't ready, so I thought having Bats just run around avoiding damage was very good decision.

NOW he can prepare for stuff like that and be more helpful in future threats.
That makes sense. :duff
I believe that was the idea, if he wasn't running away from blasts, chunks of debris and DD trying to squash him :lol

When Batman crashes the Batwing.... isn't the spear in the building behind him? I probably am remembering wrong, but I thought Lois ran in that building to get the spear. :dunno
This. I hope Cavill is lurking here and sees the love this movie is getting, and most importantly, it's not blind love, we're addressing the flaws here too.

Hey Cavill :wave Feel free to fly us all out! We can offer some great advice :lol

Yeah that bit was pretty funny.

Although, in the movie, he was the one who attracted DD to the abandoned port near the spear, that **** took huge cojones.

Yeah, that did take major testicles to pull off. Imagine seeing a huge, towering beast who knocked the hell out of the guy who you were afraid would destroy the entire planet, coming at you, and all you have is a utility belt. Dude gets major props from me. It's just that, as other said already, he should've taken over Lois' role by getting the spear.

Yeah, that did take major testicles to pull off. Imagine seeing a huge, towering beast who knocked the hell out of the guy who you were afraid would destroy the entire planet, coming at you, and all you have is a utility belt. Dude gets major props from me. It's just that, as other said already, he should've taken over Lois' role by getting the spear.
When Batman crashes the Batwing.... isn't the spear in the building behind him? I probably am remembering wrong, but I thought Lois ran in that building to get the spear. :dunno
Honestly don't know, they probably just nudged it to give Lois and Supes one last moment.

I love how Wonder Woman scolds/questions him about that, too.
And he already has an answer for her, that's Batman :rock: Also, I love how Supes and Batman are on the same page, Supes comes back from space and the first thing he says "You get the spear?" :lol

he would totally pull it off

someone please photoshop this head onto superman

:D D :D
batman_v_superman_dawn_of_justice_henry_cavill_i.jpg

And here we go......:yess:

Saturday AM Update #2:
Batman v Superman pulled in an estimated $67.2 millioninternationally on Friday for a total international cume of $115.3 million and global cume just shy of $200 million. The international total includes a $20 million opening day in China, the largest ever for a Warner Bros film; $9 million in the UK; $2.54 million in India; and $1.2 million in Japan. Additional international estimates will be available tomorrow morning, with actuals rolling in over the course of the day on Monday.

Saturday AM Update #1: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice got off to a tremendous start on Friday, pulling in an estimated $82 million, which includes an impressive $27.7 million haul from Thursday previews. If the estimate holds it will be the fourth largest opening day of all-time, just ahead of the $81.9 million Jurassic World opened with last year. However, don't expect a $200+ million opening. The "B" CinemaScore, while not terrible, does suggest audience reaction is mixed and should result in notable drop on Saturday. As of now, rival studios are projecting an opening weekend anywhere from $165-172 million, which would make it the largest opening weekend for a movie based on a DC Comic property, largest March opening ever and place it within the top ten largest opening weekends of all-time.

Man, the Marvel hate is strong here. I get not liking them, I don't care much for the majority of them (TWS, IM and GotG are the only ones I really like), but why bring them up constantly? This is the BvS thread, not the "Diss Marvel" thread. Besides, Daredevil and Jessica Jones put the pseudo-intellectual and semi-theological "debates" to shame. Daredevil tackled religion better and Jessica tackled the darkness inside better. I think we're all mature adults here and have moved past the "my dad can beat up your dad" debates...

Now, I appreciate what they tried to do, I do. Key word here is "tried", to make a "deeper" movie that is. Good ideas, but the muddled script and direction ruined them for me. Superman's role was a perfect plot point, but it got, for the most part, glossed over, and the people changed their views far too quickly. Not to mention the whole Day of the Dead sequence was cringy as hell. Batman's scenes worked, but my guess is because Affleck touched them. Luthor's speeches about God, mortallity and all that got lost amongst his quirks and lost their gravitas.

All I'm saying is, it's ok if you like it, I do too. I really do and I'm excited for the future of the DCEU. But please, don't diss other movies, even if you don't like them, in order to boost up your morale and feel superior by liking a "deeper" film. For example, Sandman and Transmetropolitan are deep comics. They tackle sensitive issues, but they don't lose all their joy and character in the process. Meanwhile, The Boys is a bunch of pretentious ******** (even though I like it in a guilty pleasure sort of way). See where I'm going with this?

Comparing DC to Marvel or vice-versa is inevitable. They're the 2 powerhouse within the same genre. Critics already compared them before and after, so fair game. Mr. Green enjoy Marvel movies to some point in the past. But this movie is in a whole different dimension, imo.

More from Snyder on Superman's fate and JL:

Zack Snyder Explains BATMAN v SUPERMAN's Ending And The
Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:
Spoiler Spoiler:

Comparing DC to Marvel or vice-versa is inevitable. They're the 2 powerhouse within the same genre. Critics already compared them before and after, so fair game. Mr. Green enjoy Marvel movies to some point in the past. But this movie is in a whole different dimension, imo.

Eh, when every 3rd page or so contains the same post, it gets irritating. I'm not much for cheesy BS myself, but I don't feel like this one set the bar too high. MCU movies are cheesy BS, and this one was pseudo-intellectual BS. It's a pick your poison case. As I said, it wasn't bad, but it could've been a hell of a lot better... Let's hope Snyder actually learns something from this and tackles JL differently.

Saturday AM Update #2:
Batman v Superman pulled in an estimated $67.2 millioninternationally on Friday for a total international cume of $115.3 million and global cume just shy of $200 million. The international total includes a $20 million opening day in China, the largest ever for a Warner Bros film; $9 million in the UK; $2.54 million in India; and $1.2 million in Japan. Additional international estimates will be available tomorrow morning, with actuals rolling in over the course of the day on Monday.

Saturday AM Update #1: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice got off to a tremendous start on Friday, pulling in an estimated $82 million, which includes an impressive $27.7 million haul from Thursday previews. If the estimate holds it will be the fourth largest opening day of all-time, just ahead of the $81.9 million Jurassic World opened with last year. However, don't expect a $200+ million opening. The "B" CinemaScore, while not terrible, does suggest audience reaction is mixed and should result in notable drop on Saturday. As of now, rival studios are projecting an opening weekend anywhere from $165-172 million, which would make it the largest opening weekend for a movie based on a DC Comic property, largest March opening ever and place it within the top ten largest opening weekends of all-time.

That's good to hear for the DC fans here. I actually have a lot of faith in Justice League.

Not as good as Stallone's hair in Rambo III :lol

Saturday AM Update #2:

Next week will tell if this film is a hit domestically.

Back