Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Man of Steel 2 (Superman/Batman--Official title to be confirmed)

Ohhh, I'd be behind that. Love his acting. And that's coming from someone who is very sick of Luthor as portrayed in Superman movies. Just as long as they don't camp the character out. Let him be a conflicted, intelligent, nuanced villain.

Too much to go back & read for now.. :lol

I'll get up to speed later, so Affleck huh? I actually don't hate the idea at all - & I liked 'Daredevil'.

Sure it's got some crappy parts, but there's good stuff in there too.

People that are going to bag DD / Affleck - & defend 'Green Lantern' / Reynolds - need one of these:

tumblr_lxqx1m3LKy1qj26eao1_400.gif

:lol

I've never been a Ben Affleck fan although I thought he was great in The Town & in Argo.

That said, him as Batman leaves me with pause. It certainly is a WTF choice but so was Keaton as Batman...and he's by far the most iconic portrayal of Bats since West. So there is a chance he could pull it off but he will have to bring his acting chops like we've never seen from him.

Not to mention Bale is pretty iconic himself and will be a tough act to follow.

Could be great...could be another Ryan Renolds as Green Lantern :horror:cuckoo::thwak:yuck

And so begins round 2 of yet another freak out of a cast in the Batman world.

Let's not forget the "wonderful" reaction of all the fans to Heath playing Joker. Gotta give Ben the benefit of the doubt.

It's apples and oranges. People couldn't imagine Heath as The Joker because no one had any idea what the make-up would look like, how he would portray the character, etc. They basically looked at Nicholson's Joker and replaced him with Heath and thought "Oh hell no!".

Which is the biggest difference between that character and Bruce Wayne/Batman. Ben Affleck is gonna be Ben Affleck. Period. He's pretty much the same dude in damn near every movie he makes. He's not a character actor (like Heath) so he's not going to develop a persona to play the role. It's just gonna be HIM.

Same goes for Batman. It's gonna be him in a suit. And that's evident in the Daredevil movie, regardless of the script. It's Ben Affleck being Ben Affleck with other characters in the movie calling him Matt Murdock/Daredevil. The script didn't say "Be yourself Ben, F-it!" so it's not because of that.

Terrible choice, on par IMO with Kilmer who never fit the role either.

I've pinpointed the exact moment that I began hating Ben Affleck.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD25aAsDqZ8[/ame]

Incidentally, it's also the exact moment that i began to hate Liv Tyler...

...and that godawful Aerosmith song.

It's apples and oranges. People couldn't imagine Heath as The Joker because no one had any idea what the make-up would look like, how he would portray the character, etc. They basically looked at Nicholson's Joker and replaced him with Heath and thought "Oh hell no!".

Which is the biggest difference between that character and Bruce Wayne/Batman. Ben Affleck is gonna be Ben Affleck. Period. He's pretty much the same dude in damn near every movie he makes. He's not a character actor (like Heath) so he's not going to develop a persona to play the role. It's just gonna be HIM.

Same goes for Batman. It's gonna be him in a suit. And that's evident in the Daredevil movie, regardless of the script. It's Ben Affleck being Ben Affleck with other characters in the movie calling him Matt Murdock/Daredevil. The script didn't say "Be yourself Ben, F-it!" so it's not because of that.

Terrible choice, on par IMO with Kilmer who never fit the role either.

I can see Affleck pulling off the "millionaire playboy" role, but only genuinely. A dark and disturbed vigilante that pretends to be a millionaire playboy? Not so much.

His chin should look good in a cowl though.

You know that Warner Bros. animation and the directors of those animated films wanted Keaton to play the Dark Knight Returns Joker right? That would have been weird. :lol

I think that would have been really interesting. Nice play on the yin/yang relationship between the two characters

So the word now is that Snyder will direct JL, while Affleck will direct the next solo Bat flick.

That makes me excited.

I've pinpointed the exact moment that I began hating Ben Affleck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD25aAsDqZ8

Incidentally, it's also the exact moment that i began to hate Liv Tyler...

...and that godawful Aerosmith song.

I love that song :lol

I can see Affleck pulling off the "millionaire playboy" role, but only genuinely. A dark and disturbed vigilante that pretends to be a millionaire playboy? Not so much.

His chin should look good in a cowl though.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Back