Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, I think it would be very difficult to choreograph a fight involving more than, say, 3 people total where it didn't look a bit hilarious with guys standing around, and waiting to strike at the worst possible time for them to be successful.

When I first saw that gif, I didn't see what the big deal was. It looked to me like the guy got scared and just ran away. Then I noticed his feet flying up :lol It's like he stepped on a banana peel.

Honestly, I think it would be very difficult to choreograph a fight involving more than, say, 3 people total where it didn't look a bit hilarious with guys standing around, and waiting to strike at the worst possible time for them to be successful.
Daredevil.

You mean the scene in the hallway? That allows the filmmakers to cheat by restricting how many guys can come at once, then letting guys get staggered while DD takes on the next guy. In a scene like Dark Knight Rises there, there's less you can do. And I do seem to recall a scene or two in DD where I noticed guys waiting for their turn.
The Begins fights (like at the docks) were excellent.
As I recall in that case, you can so many jump cuts by the camera that it was another kind of cheat by the cinematographer to disguise the typical "waiting in line to get a shot" aspect.

Yea there really is no way for someone to realistically take on more than 3 baddies. Daredevil included.

Even in the Arkham games when Bats is taking on 20 at once, 18 of them are standing around.

I always wondered how one guy with no super powers can take out a bunch of armed guys and never get shot. I don't care who they are, no one is that fast. Must be the superhero affect. Turns bad guys so stupid they can't even pull the trigger properly.

The Begins fights (like at the docks) were excellent.

I didn't like one fight from any of Nolan's movies other than the ice fight in BB.

At least I enjoyed the Tumbler chase in BB. :lol

TWS has set the bar very high I'm afraid.

Then again, nothing beat the fights from Blade 1 until TWS came along, sorry X2/MOS.

Last edited:
I actually liked the fights in the Nolan films, though admittedly I didn't spend a lot of time analyzing them. I think they fit well in the context of the narrative. I particularly liked the scene between Batman and the thugs/Scarecrow at the beginning of Dark Knight. Just a great way to help establish atmosphere and mood moving forward. Same with the scene at the end with the SWAT guys and Joker.

TWS has set the bar very high I'm afraid.
**** that shakycam bull****, IMO.

What I found impressive about the winter soldier fight scenes were that the actors were not wearing masks, and it still looked nice. I remember reading somewhere that Michael Keaton said how hard it was doing anything phyisical in that batman suit. He could barely move his head.

It showed IMO. I've seen people here praising the '89 film for scenes like the one where he sword-fights a guy with his Bat-gauntlets, but I hated that stuff even as a kid--just kind of moving his arms at his elbows and throwing an awkward kick in here or there. :lol

If Batman was real, he would be crippled/killed the first or second night out. They can do it because we play pretend when we read comics and watch comic movies.

Probably, but only because, for him to have all the experience that he does in the comics, with the various fighting methods, criminology degrees, and whatnot, he'd probably be 65 before he hit the streets.:lol

I remember reading somewhere that Michael Keaton said how hard it was doing anything phyisical in that batman suit. He could barely move his head.

No need to read it, just look at it :lol

YOp8cYl.gif

I actually liked the fights in the Nolan films, though admittedly I didn't spend a lot of time analyzing them. I think they fit well in the context of the narrative. I particularly liked the scene between Batman and the thugs/Scarecrow at the beginning of Dark Knight. Just a great way to help establish atmosphere and mood moving forward. Same with the scene at the end with the SWAT guys and Joker.

**** that shakycam bull****, IMO.

I agree with one exception, TWS.

Is one allowed. :lol

Published April 29, 2015 by Devin Faraci
Crisis On Infinite DC Movie Plans

Is Warner Bros screwing up the DC Movieverse before it even starts?

We're still a year out from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice* but there's already rumblings about the future of the DC Movieverse it is supposed to spawn. Not good rumblings. The trailer for the film was released to mixed reaction, Michelle MacLaren jumped off Wonder Woman and the first look at The Joker from Suicide Squad was so disastrous that there is a contingent of fans who - I **** you not - think the photo is fake or a joke and that The Joker will not be all tatted up in the movie.

Meanwhile, Warner Bros' approach to these movies has been bizarre - they hired five writers to compete on a Wonder Woman script, and three to compete on an Aquaman script. There's no vision directing the writers, and it's not working out behind the scenes.

The Hollywood Reporter has done some digging into the situation at Warner Bros, and they've come back with some interesting stuff - including things that readers of this site would already know (like the fact that there's a power vacuum in the DC Movieverse, and that Zack Snyder is jostling with Geoff Johns for position at the top of the heap).

Grumbling among talent reps came especially in response to the studio's strategy of hiring five writers to compete for a job on Wonder Woman, which has a June 2017 release date. On Aquaman, set for 2018, sources say Warners commissioned scripts from three writers, one of whom followed the studio's direction only to be told the rules governing the universe had changed and his work no longer was usable. Another writer has been on hold for the film for months as the studio works to define its vision. "They just haven't been thorough about their whole world and how each character fits and how to get the most out of each writer's time by giving them direction," says a rep with knowledge of the process. "Obviously, Marvel's very good at that."

That seems crazy - they had a script they couldn't use because their vision for the universe just keeps changing. Warner Bros has learned the wrong lesson from Marvel's success - they're chasing a shared universe, but they don't have a Kevin Feige overseeing it all. That is vital; Marvel Studios is producer-driven, and it allows the films to work together and for the entire system to move like a machine. Speaking to THR a WB insider called the DC Movieverse plan 'filmmaker-driven,' which is clearly a dig at what many see as a samey quality to the Marvel films. That's a nice concept, but the reality is that the filmmakers all need a centralized person (or persons) to lean on when the universe is shared.

Look at Star Wars - that's shaping up to be a 'filmmaker-driven' shared universe, but everybody answers to the Lucasfilm Story Group, who coordinate everything and make sure all the films fit together and work towards a common goal. This is what WB is missing.

Is it too late? Can Warner Bros pull together its slate in a way that makes sense and is cohesive? I suspect that, when it all shakes out, Zack Snyder is the guy holding the reins. After all, he sort of already is - he is setting up the expanded universe in BvS, which will introduce most members of the Justice League.

He's cast those roles with WB, he's created the tone into which they will be introduced, and his fingerprints will be all over their look. Hell, it's clear that Aquaman's design is prime Snyder. I don't think Snyder is a Kevin Feige, and he certainly won't have the time that Feige has to focus (after all, Snyder is directing Justice League next), but he seems like the only choice WB truly has.

^^ There's one detail that Devin Faraci didn't mention :lol

Warner Bros. reportedly approached Fifty Shades of Grey screenwriter Kelly Marcel for Wonder Woman, with THR's sources indicating that the screenwriter declined over "concern about the number of players who were involved" and a "vision [which] contrasted sharply" with plans for the movie.

When the writer of Fifty Shades of Grey declines the project, you know things are bad :lol Oh man! This is going to be a train wreck for the ages and I can't wait to see it. It will hilarious!! :banana

Nice, cheers for that. From what I understood Kevin Tsujihara was that driving force. Even Zack being the temporary over-seer isn't a bad idea

Snyder having great scripts to work from will hopefully create great movies that can establish the universe. Not to mention David Ayers work on suicide squad.Then the writers/producers can then use that as the template.

I love all the designs and everything released so far (except for Gal Gadot). So I feel confident that at least the next two movies will be cool.

Although I do worry about how they'd handle the more fantastical people like Aquaman and Flash in this universe

Back