Statue Batman black & white designed by Sergio Aragones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! This is great. Never saw this before now. Now they need a Fred Hembeck version.

2007-11-26_065604_BatmanHembeck.jpg

Re: Batman black & white: Batman by Sergio Aragones

Joking or not, it surprises me to see this kind of reaction round the net. Some say that the line has "Jumped the shark" because there are so many other artist out there that are more "deserving" than Sergio. Eff that! how someone can sit there and argue that Sergio's art isn't relevant to the line and this statue is crap because it's a cartoony version of Batman that doesn't fit with the rest of their collections is beyond my comprehension.

Infantino
Sprang
Breyfogel
Moldoff
Robinson

Sorry, but there are some artists who deserve the B&W treatment more than Aragones. That said, Aragones deserves it more than did some of the other figures that have appeared in this line (Gotham Knight.) Of course I'll buy this, but I'm less than overjoyed to see this appear before any of the others I listed above.

They're probably trying to space out the line, using selections like this so that they can hold off on some of the heavier hitters for later. Sprang, particularly, will have to be one of the more iconic statues that people are going to want.

Re: Batman black & white: Batman by Sergio Aragones

Infantino
Sprang
Breyfogel
Moldoff
Robinson

Sorry, but there are some artists who deserve the B&W treatment more than Aragones. That said, Aragones deserves it more than did some of the other figures that have appeared in this line (Gotham Knight.) Of course I'll buy this, but I'm less than overjoyed to see this appear before any of the others I listed above.

Your list is subjective. You ask 10 people who they think "deserves" a B&W piece and you'll get 10 different answers. I'm a fan of all the artists you listed, especially Breyfogle, but since they all contributed to the Batman character (granted some more than others) the all deserve an equal shot at having a piece. I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

Not an enormous Batman fan to add this but I love the selections of this line, one who is collecting it fully really could get a nice artist's table going.

There were rumors to create a Superman Black & White line a while back and even a Green Lantern "Green & White" where they would be in that shade but they never came...too bad. :(

Back