Statue Batman: Black & White (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just finished placing my B&W collection into 4 Detolf display cases. As I was putting the boxes away into one of my new storage units, I realized that they are taking way too much space. I am contemplating getting rid of all of the boxes from only the signed statues, since I'm not moving anytime soon and don't have to worry about transporting them. What do you guys think? Should I keep them or dump them. Any alternative solutions?

So I just finished placing my B&W collection into 4 Detolf display cases. As I was putting the boxes away into one of my new storage units, I realized that they are taking way too much space. I am contemplating getting rid of all of the boxes from only the signed statues, since I'm not moving anytime soon and don't have to worry about transporting them. What do you guys think? Should I keep them or dump them. Any alternative solutions?

You will regret it.

IMO keep em. you never no what will come up and when you have to move it will be a complete nightmare transporting all these statues without their boxes.

Chuck them out they are becoming a burden . I threw out lots of my statue boxes and I survived. I’m okay knowing that I won’t get top dollar if I ever decided to sell. I’m going to make some local collectors happy when they get great deals.

I’m confident that if I ever had to move I could get enough used boxes and packing supplies to get the majority of my collection moved unscathed. If you like the box art just take a picture of it before recycling.

I like the having the space freed up in my closets and storage areas. I recently bought a kettle the other day and it came in a nice box but I didn’t feel the need to keep the box in a closet for 10 years.

Never throw out the boxes, ever. You'll move or sell them and deeply regret it. Look at the guy selling a huge lot of 58 of these on eBay for $1400 total because they're missing the boxes. $24 a piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice guys. I figured out that I could save the boxes in the little crawl space attic of my house. That saves me a ton of storage space in my garage. I will take pics either today or tomorrow and post them. Just have to make a few display tweaks.

Just arrived from BBTS, ears are different heights, not sure if this is common or if I should exchange?
68efb49882abeb93e29f1c062a26f4b8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice guys. I figured out that I could save the boxes in the little crawl space attic of my house. That saves me a ton of storage space in my garage. I will take pics either today or tomorrow and post them. Just have to make a few display tweaks.

that's what I do too. I've got two large attic spaces and store all my statue boxes there.

Just arrived from BBTS, ears are different heights, not sure if this is common or if I should exchange?
68efb49882abeb93e29f1c062a26f4b8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

looks like a defect. I'd ask for a replacement.

Picked up some more signed bases yesterday at NYCC! Kim Jung Gi even added a little sketch

ee2b5d136d170a492abb0b2d8fe1279d.jpg
a9300a979c4ec77200fc32c799ac3bf0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The right ear on mine is slightly bent towards the head sculpt but I lived with it, but defect for sure, ask for a replacement

The right ear on mine is slightly bent towards the head sculpt but I lived with it, but defect for sure, ask for a replacement
I ended up returning the Breyfogle to BBTS, they sent me a new one that is much better. My new one has what looks like a couple bubble's in the paint on the chest, but like most of the reviews I've read this statue has lots of paint issues, so I'll stick with this one cause the quality does not seem up to par with the past ones. The shorter ear was really noticeable, so this one is acceptable. I have five previous B&W's and all are pretty good.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

At first, I was excited about these (the action figure line)
because I thought that they were converting the statues to action figures. I missed some statues in the past that have skyrocketed in cost and I thought these would be a more affordable way to get them BUT these are just old molds of previously released DC Direct action figures painted monochrome and put on bases resembling the statue line. It also gives them an excuse to increase their prices to $30. Disappointed.

It listed that the statue series is transforming into the action figures series. My worry is that the statue line is now over. :( I have no interest in the action figures.

I loved the Black and White statue series. My hope was that they would adapt the statues (for example, the Frank Quitely **** Grayson Batman) into action figures somehow. It appears they are just recycling old action figures with really nothing more than a new paint scheme.

Got the Amanda Conner Harley. Awesome statue. Few minor paint flaws, that are actually more noticeable in the pictures than they are in person, but overall, I’m very happy with it.

577aca54f2bd49271995b36e56c87c8f.jpg
6f02c47f86a300c84d4fe81f101077b3.jpg
dca212801cc3d36132489b12ac586e4d.jpg

Nice pickup. I was looking forward to this one but I've yet to find one with nice paint apps (you got lucky with yours) I'm thinking on holding off for now

Back