Statue Batman: Black & White (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the Albuquerque Batman. Miller Joker looks good but would rather have another Batman. I still don't understand why Norm Breyfogle doesn't have B&W statue. I am sure Kevin Kiniry is tired of getting suggestions though. Would love to see Michael Lark, Bernie Wrightson, Bruce Timm's Venrtiloquist :), Matt Wagner's Two Face, Kelley Jones Azrael, I can go on and on...

From what I've read, Norm and DC don't get along.

I would be surprised if they do a new Miller Batman sculpt, but I'd bet we maybe get a white base version of either v1 or v2. Glad I got that one though, as Joker will go nicely in my DKR collection. That Robin though makes me wish I had the quietly Batman :/

From what I've read, Norm and DC don't get along.

I would be surprised if they do a new Miller Batman sculpt, but I'd bet we maybe get a white base version of either v1 or v2. Glad I got that one though, as Joker will go nicely in my DKR collection. That Robin though makes me wish I had the quietly Batman :/

I think they made a mistake not releasing a Quitely Robin alongside the Batman originally. Now I'm guessing some potential buyers will be turned off because they can't have both pieces with matching bases. Hopefully they don't plan on charging full price for Robin since he's so short.

Maybe they'll do a re-release of the Quitely Batman figure around the time Robin comes out? I wouldn't mind seeing a new Quitely Batman based on the Earth 2 graphic novel. Would be a good companion to the Superman MOS Quitely too.

Any word if the Superman line is dead? I was really hoping for a Curt Swan statue.

I think they made a mistake not releasing a Quitely Robin alongside the Batman originally. Now I'm guessing some potential buyers will be turned off because they can't have both pieces with matching bases.

My dilemma right now.

I'm getting the Quitely Robin but I'd love to have a matching 1st edition Quitely Batman, like many of you. I think I'll wait for the 2nd edition Batman to drop and hopefully lower after-market prices.

The first three Harley Quinn: Red, White & Black pieces (pics courtesy of Toy Ark):

TF-2016-DC-Collectibles-Booth-005.jpg

TF-2016-DC-Collectibles-Booth-006.jpg

TF-2016-DC-Collectibles-Booth-007.jpg

Love the Bombshells one. It will fill the void of not having the original Harley Bombshell. I love Amanda Conner's art, but would rather see a Derby Harley than the holiday one. Just not a fan of holiday themed statues. I feel like they should only be displayed during the holidays.

I'll skip the separate Harley line. Love her as I do, but there's too much to collect already.

A little off from the current topic.

Do you guys have any suggestions about what glue to use to put back together a black and white? My BT Harley broke her hand and while the break is a clean cut at a seam, luckly, I haven't had good experience with super glues, cos if they spill even a tiny bit over the painted area they make the paint either glossy or flat.

Any advice is appreciated.

Finally!!! Got this for a good price on Ebay. Great statue, even though I still never played any of the games. I also picked up the Arkham Origins statue from BBTS for $45, although I am no too crazy about that one the price was too good to pass up.

Bat2.jpg

Finally!!! Got this for a good price on Ebay. Great statue, even though I still never played any of the games. I also picked up the Arkham Origins statue from BBTS for $45, although I am no too crazy about that one the price was too good to pass up.

Congrats on the catch! That's one of the few B&W statues I kept and I love it. Still the best Arkham Bats statue out there IMHO. If only it were a bit bigger, like the Arkham City series...

Besides, it happens I just took a picture of this guy I'm quite happy with. :)

Batman by Nicolas M., sur Flickr​

A little off from the current topic.

Do you guys have any suggestions about what glue to use to put back together a black and white? My BT Harley broke her hand and while the break is a clean cut at a seam, luckly, I haven't had good experience with super glues, cos if they spill even a tiny bit over the painted area they make the paint either glossy or flat.

I'd just use superglue, but use it very sparingly. A tiny, tiny drop should do it.

Congrats. How much did you pay for it?

View attachment 248923

CONGRATS! That's a phenomenal piece. AA Bats is one of the best B&W pieces in the line. I'm actually a fan of the Origins Bats as well. I really liked playing AO (the boss fight with Deathstroke was amazing). Hopefully after you get to see AO Bats in person, you'll like the piece. I played all the Arkham games so I'm happy with both Arkham Bats statues. The only Bat costume I don't like at all is the latest Arkham Knight costume. It's just too busy looking for my tastes. Here's hoping your pieces arrive minty fresh and you enjoy them.

Congrats. How much did you pay for it?

$79.30 shipped. Great price that's the lowest I have seen it sell for.

CONGRATS! That's a phenomenal piece. AA Bats is one of the best B&W pieces in the line. I'm actually a fan of the Origins Bats as well. I really liked playing AO (the boss fight with Deathstroke was amazing). Hopefully after you get to see AO Bats in person, you'll like the piece. I played all the Arkham games so I'm happy with both Arkham Bats statues. The only Bat costume I don't like at all is the latest Arkham Knight costume. It's just too busy looking for my tastes. Here's hoping your pieces arrive minty fresh and you enjoy them.

Thanks. It arrived in mint, I was a little worried about the batarang getting damaged during shipping, glad everything was fine. That pic is right after I took it out of the box. I keep saying I will try the games, but just never got a chance to pick them up. I am sure if I played them I would like them, they look amazing. But with a 7 months year old around not much time left in the day. I do like the Batman costume though. The cape on the AO bats statue is very nice but don't like the head and the painted dot eyes.

$79.30 shipped. Great price that's the lowest I have seen it sell for.

Thanks. It arrived in mint, I was a little worried about the batarang getting damaged during shipping, glad everything was fine. That pic is right after I took it out of the box. I keep saying I will try the games, but just never got a chance to pick them up. I am sure if I played them I would like them, they look amazing. But with a 7 months year old around not much time left in the day. I do like the Batman costume though. The cape on the AO bats statue is very nice but don't like the head and the painted dot eyes.

Glad to hear it arrived in one piece. I had to go through a few returns until I finally received one without a broken batarang. The price you paid is fantastic. That was a real good deal. The AO Bats costume (especially the mask/cowl) is very different from the other Arkham games. AO took place before the other Arkham games. So, his costume was more bulky and less refined because of it. You're getting a Batman that's just starting his crusade and is very raw. I really enjoyed playing that game and that's the main reason I like the B&W AO Bats. It's meant to be different from the other Arkham costumes which Bruce was able to streamline and refine over the years.

As far as kids are concerned, I completely understand where you are coming from. I have 2 sons myself (6 & 8 years old). They do tend to take up a lot of time but since my kids are a little older now, they LOVE video games. My oldest is completely enthralled by the Arkham games so it's gotten to the point where we all play the games together. It's a real blast sharing that experience with my kids. Hopefully, you'll get a chance to play the games one day. They really are quite good.

Glad to hear it arrived in one piece. I had to go through a few returns until I finally received one without a broken batarang. The price you paid is fantastic. That was a real good deal. The AO Bats costume (especially the mask/cowl) is very different from the other Arkham games. AO took place before the other Arkham games. So, his costume was more bulky and less refined because of it. You're getting a Batman that's just starting his crusade and is very raw. I really enjoyed playing that game and that's the main reason I like the B&W AO Bats. It's meant to be different from the other Arkham costumes which Bruce was able to streamline and refine over the years.

As far as kids are concerned, I completely understand where you are coming from. I have 2 sons myself (6 & 8 years old). They do tend to take up a lot of time but since my kids are a little older now, they LOVE video games. My oldest is completely enthralled by the Arkham games so it's gotten to the point where we all play the games together. It's a real blast sharing that experience with my kids. Hopefully, you'll get a chance to play the games one day. They really are quite good.

Its great to share that with your kids. I am really looking forward playing video games with him and watching the shows I liked, Batman The Animated Series, Bobby's World etc The cartoons nowadays are terrible imho. Although he is too young to understand he does seem to be fascinated by my statues and figures. He really stares at them intently, especially the B&W statues lol. The DCC Batman Animated Series figures are awesome, really fun figures, love that line as well.

Hey guys...since due to Prime One the love for black and white has fallen in the market I hereby let everyone here know that i am selling some pieces of my collection..those include Jim Lee, Dustin Nguyen, Andy Kubert and Patrick Gleason (first editions obviously). They are in great condition in their original boxes. PM me for details....BTW the Quitely Robin is a must buy!

Back