Statue Batman: Black & White (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a huge deal. I bought the Alex Ross, George Perez, and Matt Wagner versions for $40 each loose on ebay. I was doing some major praying that they arrived ok and they did. Then I found the Sprang Bats and Joker for $20 each at Midtown on Black Friday. Amazing luck.

Good choices! I hope you get decent paint apps on the Sprang pieces. I would've sprung :rip for those myself had I not read Michael Crawford's complaints about the sloppiness, but other positive reviews around the net indicate that others have gotten sharp paint apps worthy of the sculpts.

Thanks bro. HQ is a must, I tell you. She looks perfect. Looks good from any angles, any sides. A must have.

Thanks mate. I've got a bid in on eBay for "used" one at a reasonable price. Pricing seems to have shot up almost overnight - one Aus vendor went from $145 to $295!! Most from the US to AU are in the 150 - 200+ range once shipping and conversions come into play!!

Picked up the D'Anda Scarecrow last night - it's awesome. And will grab the Mignola 2D-looking Bats on Saturday. Keen to find a Zombie bats at a good price too.

^ You're welcome, bro. Congrats for getting one. When you get her in hand, you'll see how great she is. The Bruce Timm style is very tricky. It looks simple, and easy.. but it's not. There's been several attempt on making Timm's style animated statue, and I think this Harley captured it perfectly, even much much better than the femme fatale Diamond Select SDCC BnW Harley statue, IMHO.

As for the Mignola 2D bats, I got mine for sale, it's the 2nd version (logo still DC Direct, released 2011), used but in a very good condition, with a good price. If you're interested, just PM me. :)

I was surprised to see some of these at Barnes & Noble last night.

I've seen the Michael Turner statue at a couple B&N locations recently, along with a few of the recent Cover Girls statues. They're a good source for certain DC Collectibles and Kotobukiya statues if you have a coupon code to use.

^ You're welcome, bro. Congrats for getting one. When you get her in hand, you'll see how great she is. The Bruce Timm style is very tricky. It looks simple, and easy.. but it's not. There's been several attempt on making Timm's style animated statue, and I think this Harley captured it perfectly, even much much better than the femme fatale Diamond Select SDCC BnW Harley statue, IMHO.

As for the Mignola 2D bats, I got mine for sale, it's the 2nd version (logo still DC Direct, released 2011), used but in a very good condition, with a good price. If you're interested, just PM me. :)

Ha! I just got home with the Mignola & saw this. Thanks mate, appreciate it even though it's too late.
Let me know if you sell others... (Not sure yet if there is a for sale board on here).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! I just got home with the Mignola & saw this. Thanks mate, appreciate it even though it's too late.
Let me know if you sell others... (Not sure yet if there is a for sale board on here).

Hahaha, no problem. Congrats for getting the Mignola bats. It's also one great piece of art.
I don't think I'm selling others.. I am selling the Mignola 2nd version because I managed to get the 1st version for a very cheap price when Mignola's having a sale. It's also signed by him on the base. Love it.

12325301_10152812283942609_730267433_n.jpg

Great looking pieced man! Which reminds me, I should snap some updated pictures.

Good choices! I hope you get decent paint apps on the Sprang pieces. I would've sprung :rip for those myself had I not read Michael Crawford's complaints about the sloppiness, but other positive reviews around the net indicate that others have gotten sharp paint apps worthy of the sculpts.

I got the 2 Sprang pieces. Absolutely no complaints. Both in perfect condition. So $50 for both including shipping was a fantastic deal. Now just waiting for the Mazzucchelli piece.

Turns out the HQ guy was local!! Been a good weekend for B&W!

Congrats! She's a beauty.. I'm sure you're more than happy to finally got her! :)

Speaking of local seller.. I've been reading this thread lately and I saw the recently released 2nd ed. of the Bermejo Joker. I got poisoned, and tempted to get one myself.. I checked on local seller and managed to get the first edition for $74,62. It's used but the condition is perfect. I never noticed before but after a closer inspection, the details on this one are jaw dropping. The way they made the wrinkles and painted the hair.. it's amazing. Love it!

12348486_10152819793332609_1332595923_n.jpg

12367103_10152819793477609_1820872216_n.jpg

Congrats! She's a beauty.. I'm sure you're more than happy to finally got her! :)

Speaking of local seller.. I've been reading this thread lately and I saw the recently released 2nd ed. of the Bermejo Joker. I got poisoned, and tempted to get one myself.. I checked on local seller and managed to get the first edition for $74,62. It's used but the condition is perfect. I never noticed before but after a closer inspection, the details on this one are jaw dropping. The way they made the wrinkles and painted the hair.. it's amazing. Love it!

12348486_10152819793332609_1332595923_n.jpg

12367103_10152819793477609_1820872216_n.jpg

Holy balls! $75 for first ed?? That's amazing! I have been looking for one for years & they've always been priced through the roof! Congratulations mate. It's a beauty!

Just picked up the 2nd ed & am pleased, they look so much better in hand than in the photos.

Holy balls! $75 for first ed?? That's amazing! I have been looking for one for years & they've always been priced through the roof! Congratulations mate. It's a beauty!

Just picked up the 2nd ed & am pleased, they look so much better in hand than in the photos.

Thanks a lot, bro. Yeah, I guess I was lucky! I wasn't aware of the high price of the first ed, up till I picked this up, got back home and check on the prices on eBay. Apparently it's around $300ish nowadays. It is a beauty.

I am glad you got the 2nd ed, and happy with it. Bermejo's Joker is one of a kind indeed!

Bermejo's work in Joker is unreal. Really dig it.

Yeah the Bermejo B&W is usually around $500 AUD via eBay etc... Haven't seen anything remotely affordable. Awesome pick-up! :yess:

Has anyone got a URL or other info on a good spot to follow announcements / product roadmap etc for the B&W line?

Ok, it's a new year. I'm getting anxious for some updates and announcements. Isn't there a big show coming in February?

Back