Statue Batman: Black & White (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really don't think the Detolfs are the best way to display these as they really need individual room to be properly appreciated. I wish I had the space. I recently picked up many for the statues I passed on including some of the villains which I think look great especially, the Jim Lee Joker. I also think the Cheeks Galloway statue is really underrated. I have only 14 missing from the complete set, but my 2 Detolfs are already getting full and I have Francis Manapul, Dave Johnson, Ivan Reis, Bryan Hitch and Tony Millionaire on pre-order I am also getting the Lee Bermejo Joker and the D'anda as well. I have no idea where I will put them. That said, if anyone has a Cliff Chiang statue they want to get rid of please let me know. :wink1:

Sorry for the bad pic

Looks like you are gonna need another Detolf. By the way, that's a nice looking set up you got going on there. AWESOME B&W collection!

I really don't think the Detolfs are the best way to display these as they really need individual room to be properly appreciated. I wish I had the space. I recently picked up many for the statues I passed on including some of the villains which I think look great especially, the Jim Lee Joker. I also think the Cheeks Galloway statue is really underrated. I have only 14 missing from the complete set, but my 2 Detolfs are already getting full and I have Francis Manapul, Dave Johnson, Ivan Reis, Bryan Hitch and Tony Millionaire on pre-order I am also getting the Lee Bermejo Joker and the D'anda as well. I have no idea where I will put them. That said, if anyone has a Cliff Chiang statue they want to get rid of please let me know. :wink1:

Sorry for the bad pic

Looks great!

Correction, great pic! Use the space ya got. Gonna have 6 statues per space in my Detolf. I have a clear riser in mind to boost the characters in back.

Thanks. I was trying to fit 6 per shelf (3 in the front and 3 on the risers in the back), but some of them are so wide or long (like the Jim Lee 52) that's it hard to pair them with anything. I also like for risers to be of different height so they are not all on the same level.
I am thinking of moving the Jim Lee and the Jock on top of the Detolfs as those really look better displayed above eye level.

Looks like you are gonna need another Detolf. By the way, that's a nice looking set up you got going on there. AWESOME B&W collection!

Thanks buddy.

Picked up Dave Johnson BB&W today, was surprised to see it at a local Gametraders
Very nice use of grey in the cape it looks so smooth, and the gloss on the gloves and boots sets the cape off also.

image1.JPG
image1 (1).JPG
image1 (2).JPG

Tip to tip, front to the back of the cape it is really long (like 23cm)
image1 (3).JPG

Keen for the next 2 also... MANAPAL and REIS, these 3 all the same style 1 foot off the base capes flowing to the right

Looks great congrats on finding this already, they rest of us are just stuck patiently waiting

I know right and im in Sydney, Australia.
I thought MANAPAL was up next...

image1 (1).JPG

Alot of room under the cape but it did have some plastic wrapped foam under his leg/cape for support which was good... maybe they are learning
image1 (2).JPG
image1.JPG

Was able to pickup a Bolland Joker off the 'bay for a great price. Should be here tomorrow.

I know right and im in Sydney, Australia.
I thought MANAPAL was up next...

View attachment 175166

Alot of room under the cape but it did have some plastic wrapped foam under his leg/cape for support which was good... maybe they are learning
View attachment 175167
View attachment 175168

Its a bit similar to the Andy Kubert statue which I had a very a hard time getting in mint condition. I had to order it 3 times Hopefully they have learned their lesson and have enough foam to support the cape.

Andy kubert Batman was a nightmare i think i had to send 6 back because the cape was broken off i would be interested to know how many were returned overall. It is probably more limited than any one realizes due to the breakages.

I actually just re-bought the Kubert, luckily I got a good one.

On another note, any of you guys thought about using acrylic step displays to get more out of your shelves were the black and whites are concerned? I'm thinking about going that route but I need to find the right sizes to fit them on and fit my shelving.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427915387.112717.jpg

Horrible picture, sorry., but here is the Francis Manapul Black and White. I can post better pics later.

Sorry for the bad pic

Hands down: first time that I envy someones collection on this board. I have seen so much stuff, but this is - for my taste - the best. I am highly considerring to get rid of my action figures for a b&w collection... :bow

Back