Statue Batman: Black & White (2014)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I don't get the Capullo re-release either. Maybe it's sold out on the distributor level, but I can walk into any comic shop in the area and find one for sale right now. There's a much greater demand for older pieces like Bruce Timm's Batman or Lee Bermejo's Joker or Dustin Nguyen's Batman Beyond to be re-released.

Yeah, I don't get the Capullo re-release either. Maybe it's sold out on the distributor level, but I can walk into any comic shop in the area and find one for sale right now. There's a much greater demand for older pieces like Bruce Timm's Batman or Lee Bermejo's Joker or Dustin Nguyen's Batman Beyond to be re-released.

All would be better choices. I pre-ordered the 2nd Capullo Batman as I missed the first release.

Alright, I think I'm going crazy (who am I kidding, I collect Statues, I'm already there:cuckoo:) but I checked Diamond's upcoming release page two days ago and they said that the Francis Manapul statue ships next week (as well as the Joker/Harley Quinn Alex Ross Statue), but I checked just now to post it, but they didn't have them listed. Did anybody else see this?

Agreed. The Bermejo Joker is due for a 2nd ed. I really regret passing on that one, along with the Quietly, Mazzucchelli and the Cliff Chiang as well.

Francis Manapul Batman came out in the UK this week i had a few in but sold out it looked pretty good. Mart P should probably put up some pictures soon.

Francis Manapul Batman came out in the UK this week i had a few in but sold out it looked pretty good. Mart P should probably put up some pictures soon.

A buddy of mine on Instagram picked it up and said that it was a solid piece, but he didn't think that it did Francis Manapul art justice.

I'm not sure you really can do it justice with this line. So much of what makes Manapul's work pop is the color and overall composition of the page, not necessarily how he draws Batman specifically.

From Michael's website: 2015 Toy Fair #NYTF - DC

DC's coming up with some pretty nice pieces...

tf2015_dc_72_zps85bf049f.jpg

tf2015_dc_71_zpsd443eb4b.jpg

tf2015_dc_68_zps979da5c6.jpg

tf2015_dc_69_zps25cee155.jpg

tf2015_dc_70_zps346c74ee.jpg

I like that they are changing it up, but I am surprised by some of the choices. Timm's original design of Harley comes on the heels of the success of the original that immediately sold out. If that is the direction they want to go, why not do some of the other animated characters first, Joker, Twoface, Ventriloquist ( really wish they'd do one). They would all sell out anyway.

Francis Manapul looks to have been pushed back another week and is now scheduled to be released on 3/11/15.

Back