Batman : Arkham Origins (2013) Asylum Prequel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Batman : Arkham 3 (2013)

So who's developing? Capcom or sega. That alien game was a hit so I'm sure dc will be knocking at there door lmao.

Why wouldn't Rocksteady make this one too? They made too much money last time?:dunno

Rocksteady is making a huge, huge mistake by shopping it out. Any developer throwing it to a 3rd 4th and 5th party is guaranteed garbage.

Seems like they wanted to move on to other things, which would make sense from an artistic POV, but not so much from a business one. Having said that, I'm not a business, so maybe they know better than I do.

Considering the last game sold around 6 million copys, I don't understand why they wouldn't continue with the third one.

Seems like they wanted to move on to other things, which would make sense from an artistic POV, but not so much from a business one. Having said that, I'm not a business, so maybe they know better than I do.

Eh you maybe right. But with such a colossal fan base and to leave the story hang in the air like that, it just doesn't seem like the right decision. There was a lot of loose ends at the end of AC and I wanted to see the game move into Gotham City :(

Supposedly Rocksteady is working on something else... maybe a Justice League game? or maybe the old rumors were true and they're working on a Ninja Turtles game. :p

I just never liked Batman's involvement in Justice League. Even more-so with Geoff Johns' involvement in writing the JL New 52 comics.

I personally think Batman's role has become a core part of what defines the JL. He's a check on all those super-powered, could-be dictators. And I enjoy the juxtaposition his being the smartest, yet weakest member of the team. The best Batman JL comics were the JLI though, where he belittled everyone mercilessly :lol

I've avoided 52 like the plague though, so can't speak to that.

Wow, I guess I'll have to check out JLI then! To be honest, I was never an avid reader of DC comics until the release of the New 52.

I have to admit, this now has "FAIL" written all over it.

Shame.

WTF else could Rocksteady be working on then, the dumb prequel idea?

Shame.

WTF else could Rocksteady be working on then?

If you got a possible 2nd sequel blockbuster in the chamber, why would you throw it to someone else?

I'm frightened to know who will get the helm of this obvious bomb.

Does anyone know why Rocksteady suddenly lost interest in the Batman games? Arkham City was such a financial success. I would think that they'd want to continue it.

Does anyone know why Rocksteady suddenly lost interest in the Batman games? Arkham City was such a financial success. I would think that they'd want to continue it.

I don't think a reason was given as of yet. It might be just some internal BS at Rocksteady, or maybe they just want to move away from Batman. But no legitimate reason is enough to pass on a Batman title, they print money. :monkey4

Shame.

WTF else could Rocksteady be working on then, the dumb prequel idea?

Word on the street is a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game.

I will lose alot, and I mean alot of respect for RS though if they really do abandon this next one. If they hadn't left the story with the Joker, Hush, and everyone else the way they did it wouldn't matter and I'd say they have every right to move on, but to set that all up and jump ship, very much not ok.

Well, I can abide Joker being dead at the end of Arkham City, but yeah... I don't want some small timey dev house taking the reigns. Especially if it's because Rocksteady would rather work on a TMNT game. BARF.

Back