Premium Format Batman Arkham Asylum Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's interesting on these boards how a lot of people complaining about the museum poses being too boring for statues, but it seems that sculptors would be better off just using them every time because it's hard to find fault in a static, straight ahead pose. Especially for a more stoic hero like Batman.

This is true, as much as people hate on the "One leg up" museum poses when they go outside the box people complain even more. Either way I'm good with the Comic statues, but I still kinda like this Batman as well, I just hate the price :lol

The pose is lame, this is the worst batman statue.
if they make harley quinn i'll probably get her, or any other character.

I might get the new joker only becuse I dont have the old one.
but I really dont like the pose they gave the new batman characters

This is true, as much as people hate on the "One leg up" museum poses when they go outside the box people complain even more. Either way I'm good with the Comic statues, but I still kinda like this Batman as well, I just hate the price :lol

Yeah, it's tough to please everyone. I prefer museum poses, as the most dynamic piece I have at the moment is the Lara Croft PF sliding down the temple/wall. I mean, this is almost a museum pose, even though he's not standing straight up. I mean, if he was properly balanced in the bottom half, he'd be about as dynamic as the Obi-Wan Mythos. And I'm definitely not against more dynamic sculpts, so long as they work! From that one image we've seen, I think the upcoming Spider-Man PF could be...well, amazing! :lol

In the end you just can't please everyone. I mean, if you look at XM's thread about their recent changes to the Phoenix statue, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually stop asking collector's for their opinions with how some are responding. I'm happy that some like this one! Aside from the awkward pose, I see nothing wrong with it! Fantastic sculpt, paints and overall look, and I'm sure it'll sell out if they keep a reasonable edition size.

Yeah, it's tough to please everyone. I prefer museum poses, as the most dynamic piece I have at the moment is the Lara Croft PF sliding down the temple/wall. I mean, this is almost a museum pose, even though he's not standing straight up. I mean, if he was properly balanced in the bottom half, he'd be about as dynamic as the Obi-Wan Mythos. And I'm definitely not against more dynamic sculpts, so long as they work! From that one image we've seen, I think the upcoming Spider-Man PF could be...well, amazing! :lol

In the end you just can't please everyone. I mean, if you look at XM's thread about their recent changes to the Phoenix statue, I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually stop asking collector's for their opinions with how some are responding. I'm happy that some like this one! Aside from the awkward pose, I see nothing wrong with it! Fantastic sculpt, paints and overall look, and I'm sure it'll sell out if they keep a reasonable edition size.

Wait are we still talking about Sideshow?

Wait are we still talking about Sideshow?

Oh yeah, sorry, didn't realize it blended in with the XM part. There I just meant that even if Sideshow asked customers what they wanted or what should be tweaked, it'd still end up being a lot of complaining about whatever someone could think to complain about.

It's totally fine to voice opinions, as we all do it, it's just got to be known overall that very, very rarely will everyone be pleased.

The second comment you bolded about the sculpt being fantastic and such was in reference to this Batman! ☺️

Edit: Oh wait, I just got your joke. That's what I get for checking the forums in bed! :lol

Their Daredevil PF was widely criticized as having a terrible pose, it is awkward, unnatural and just all round poorly done, and so Sideshows logic is to copy that same pose and use it for the Arkham Asylum Batman, I think Sideshow are just trolling us at this point.

Ain't it the truth. One of my first purchases was Gambit PF for $270:lol

LOL, I just read that thread last week, after scoring a great deal on a Gambit for my collection! Funny to see so many veteran posters when they were just starting out, and so many more that arent around anymore.

I have to think, at where they are headed with prices, some great deals will be available on the secondary market on alot of this stuff. SS was already viewed as too expensive for many comic shops to carry a couple of years ago. Not sure that they can cultivate the market at the numbers they have gotten used to when commanding these prices.

exactly!..and as an OCD batman fan where everything has to be perfect, the twist at the hips bugs me. It sucks because you're forced to choose between showing him from the side, with the cape over the shoulder (which hides the body and EX hand), to the other which skews the view of the base and really embellishes the leg twist…sigh..its why Im selling mine and looking for that one definitive awesome batman statue.

300131-batman-007.jpg

This is sorta what Im talking about…his chest is DIRECTLY forward facing me, whereas his legs and head veer off to the side. It reminds me of the old school photos you would get taken from department stores where they're like, "Ok chest out, leg crossed, inhale, head to the side, look over there...FREEZE!"

IMO this is worst Batman statue.

:lol

I think it's the combination of the two. Either a static museum pose or a dynamic action pose. Seems like they are trying to do both to try to please everyone.

It does look better the more I see it. And the pictures look nice. But we all know that's not the quality we will get with sideshow. So why would I pre order?

Before now I would have bought 3 pf's but the pose put me off. Jedi luke, predator Dutch and commander shepard.

One pose that works though is the nathan drake PF.

Oh yeah, sorry, didn't realize it blended in with the XM part. There I just meant that even if Sideshow asked customers what they wanted or what should be tweaked, it'd still end up being a lot of complaining about whatever someone could think to complain about.

It's totally fine to voice opinions, as we all do it, it's just got to be known overall that very, very rarely will everyone be pleased.

The second comment you bolded about the sculpt being fantastic and such was in reference to this Batman! ☺️

Edit: Oh wait, I just got your joke. That's what I get for checking the forums in bed! :lol

:rotfl :hi5: :)

It does look better the more I see it. And the pictures look nice. But we all know that's not the quality we will get with sideshow. So why would I pre order?

Before now I would have bought 3 pf's but the pose put me off. Jedi luke, predator Dutch and commander shepard.

One pose that works though is the nathan drake PF.

Yea i agree that holding off isn't a bad idea given SSC's track record as of late but I know I will order this at some point and I definitely want the EX. That being said, it's still not going to sell out anytime soon so you can probably wait for quite some time. I'm just not sure the EX will be there when this ships is all...

Yea i agree that holding off isn't a bad idea given SSC's track record as of late but I know I will order this at some point and I definitely want the EX. That being said, it's still not going to sell out anytime soon so you can probably wait for quite some time. I'm just not sure the EX will be there when this ships is all...

Their track record says most likely not. the EX is usually gone to waitlist Months before it ships, though the weird thing with Catwoman EX's coming back into stock after it shipped happened...but I think that was because of returns.

I really wanted to like this piece. I love the Arkham games and was definitely looking forward to this PF line. Joker did not disappoint (except for the price point). However, the pose on Batman is just too awkward looking for me to gloss over. I purposely held off on ordering the Joker because I wanted to see what Bats would look like. I didn't need another stand alone Joker statue since I'm thrilled with the comic PF. So, it looks like I'll be passing on this line. I can't bring myself to drop almost $500 on a statue I'm just not feeling overall. There's a lot to like on this Bats PF but the pose really just did me in.

See I don't see it that way. He has the batarang out, ready,.one leg up on the gargoyle to leap off at any moment and I use the long eared head which is looking more straight on and a tad down, as if he's surveying whats below. To me that is Batman, which is why I love the first PF.

:goodpost: I agree. surveying ready and waiting

Hey Guys

I am only getting into Batman scene, and have already purchased a ton of batman graphic novels, such as: 59980.jpg96358.jpg59960.jpg I am wanting to purchase my first Batman statue. But it seems some of the comments here have steered me away from the pose of this Statue. I however found this custom 21" and need opinions from the Batman experts out there whether or not this one actually looks better or worse than sideshows PF figure, and whether or not its worth to get?. $_57-1.JPG$_57.JPG

Back