Bates Motel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it was super creepy !!! Love this show... but yes. ..they could have ended it right there.. lets see how the last season plays out... I mean we all kind of know

It can't end until he kills sheriff Romero & his brother (and even chic, the dude that saw her dead body in the house) because they know who he is & what he has done. Those 2 Characters are major loose ends that need to be wrapped up first.

Finally watched the season finale! Wow! That was truly heartbreaking with an amazing performance by Highmore. I really felt a lot of sympathy for Norman--almost how a child would process all that and what a child would do if they could. I agree the series could have ended like that and it would work. I'm glad the series will formally end so the writers have a chance to wrap everything up nicely instead of having a lot of threads left unintentionally hanging.

Unfortunately I kinda spoiled the last episode for myself because apparently my DVR didn't record the second to last episode, and when I played the only episode in my DVR (the finale), it opened with Romero finding them in the bed. I almost thought it would be one of those episodes where you come in at the end and then they say, "12 hours earlier", so I kept watching for a few more minutes til I figured that I must have skipped an episode.

Is nobody watching this? One of my favourite shows on at the moment. So cleverly written and the acting from Highmoore and Farmiga is excellent. Most of the cast are great actually.

I'm watching...

This show probably has the best production values on TV. Direction, writing, lighting, score, acting all top notch!

I am watching it I haven't started watching the final season but I'll get to it. I will say though the first season was pretty good but season 2 left a bad taste in my mouth it wasn't until years after I rewatched and season 3 was a hell a lot better then 4 became the best. Like holy hell was 4 an amazing season.

Wow. Still no one really talking about this. This show has become my 3rd favourite of all time after Breaking bad and seasons 1-4 of Dexter.

Spoiler Spoiler:
was a really bold and awesome direction to go in, further cementing that this is not a prequel but a complete retelling of the mythology. The gradual descent into Normans madness over 5 seasons has been really Stellar. Kudos to everyone in involved in the making of this show.

Wow. Still no one really talking about this. This show has become my 3rd favourite of all time after Breaking bad and seasons 1-4 of Dexter.

Spoiler Spoiler:
was a really bold and awesome direction to go in, further cementing that this is not a prequel but a complete retelling of the mythology. The gradual descent into Normans madness over 5 seasons has been really Stellar. Kudos to everyone in involved in the making of this show.

Still faithfully watching here and I agree that this show is fantastic- I'm truly surprised that it doesn't seem to get any traction in the discussions here.
I'll be sad for it to end, but at the same time the writers have been really smart and deliberate and I feel this is going to stand the test of time.

I was extremely leery of their casting choice for Marion Crane and I'm still not crazy about it at all, but I was able to overlook it.

Madeleine's resemblance to Norma, however, is absolutely uncanny and amazing! Kudos to casting.

I'm about 4 episodes behind. Too much going on to watch alot of tv. My damn DVR is filling up fast. But this show has turned out very well and I'm glad I stuck with it.

My Wife and I have watched this from the start and it's one of our favorites. The one thing that I find unbelievable though is the amount of hot chicks that throw themselves at nutty Norman over the course of the series.:lol

Well, what a bittersweet ending to this series. I'm already feeling a little emptiness from
this one being over as it made its way to the inevitable conclusion.

It could have ended a couple of different ways, but halfway through the final episode I could see where they were taking it.
I think they finished it the most poetic, appropriate way.

Watched the last episode last night and thought it was good. I was a little annoyed that really? There were no cops watching the Motel that was such a significant crime scene, and with Norman out there? No one thought to post a police car there just in case? I also thought it was a little contrived how they had to make Dylan confront Norman in the end. I know that they had to confront, but the reasoning to get them together I thought was a little forced.

Otherwise I thought it was a good end to a great show. It took many unexpected turns especially in the end and with Marion. I did think there was a lot of subplots that weighed the show down in the beginning that went nowhere, like most of Dylan’s storylines and the whole pot scene. But when it was about Norma and Norman, it was absolute gold. Amazing performances from both of them. Really the whole cast was great. I’m sad that it’s over, but I’m kinda glad that the series had a proper ending and finished when it was at the top of its game instead of dragging and progressively getting worse. Such a great show.

Watched the last episode last night and thought it was good. I was a little annoyed that really? There were no cops watching the Motel that was such a significant crime scene, and with Norman out there? No one thought to post a police car there just in case? I also thought it was a little contrived how they had to make Dylan confront Norman in the end. I know that they had to confront, but the reasoning to get them together I thought was a little forced.

Otherwise I thought it was a good end to a great show. It took many unexpected turns especially in the end and with Marion. I did think there was a lot of subplots that weighed the show down in the beginning that went nowhere, like most of Dylan’s storylines and the whole pot scene. But when it was about Norma and Norman, it was absolute gold. Amazing performances from both of them. Really the whole cast was great. I’m sad that it’s over, but I’m kinda glad that the series had a proper ending and finished when it was at the top of its game instead of dragging and progressively getting worse. Such a great show.

I agree, it was a very good ending and I'm glad they ended it on their terms - not at some point because ratings were in the toilet.

I loved Romero dropping the F-bomb on Norman.:lol Between that and hearing " **** sucker " on Fargo yesterday it looks the bad-language barriers are slowly being chipped away.

This made me cry. I haven't cried since the Green Mile. Not sure if it's because it was so tragic or because one of my favourite shows is over. Very fitting finale. The cops not being at the hotel I can over look as its always taken place in a sort of hyper realistic world anyway. Amazing acting from every single cast member. Especially from Freddie and Max.

Back