Baseball Fury PF cancelled

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Skutto

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got the cancellation notice for both of my pre-orders this morning. I'm guessing there simply weren't enough pre-orders for Popculture Shock to go ahead with production.

I weep at what might have been... :monkey2

I'm torn about this piece. I was expecting these pieces to be canceled because, IMO, they weren't very good. I'm saddened at the same time because this will probably send a message that there isn't an audience for such pieces.

Being brutally honest, its a good thing they were canceled because they looked really really bad. There is a Warriors fan base out there and if these had been done better I am 100% they would have made it to production. Sadly they looked cartoony and the pose looked like he was stepping up to bat, not beat the ____ out of someone. Missed opportunity imo.

The pose was wrong and the face paint colours were too glossy.

Great loss but I cancelled some months ago.

I ordered one at Comicon last year, but canceled soon after. I would love a Baseball Fury PF, but it just simply stank. The uniform was too clean, the pose was off, and the face was too cartoonish. I was especially turned off by the base (a round piece of astroturf). Why not a girtty street with some garbage strewn about? This was a huge missed opportunity; a great idea with poor implementation.

I ordered one at Comicon last year, but canceled soon after. I would love a Baseball Fury PF, but it just simply stank. The uniform was too clean, the pose was off, and the face was too cartoonish. I was especially turned off by the base (a round piece of astroturf). Why not a girtty street with some garbage strewn about? This was a huge missed opportunity; a great idea with poor implementation.

I am wondering why they did not start off with some of the warriors. If done right this could have been a great line.

I think the hype over the street fighter statues has taken preference over any other statues from Popculture, shame as I had high hopes for the Warriors line.

Jerry explains the situation:

PopCultureShock said:
Yeah it got cancelled.

There has been an ongoing problem with this piece as it was started at the old factory so they have all the molds.

No one really trusts or wants to work with this factory so we have been trying to get the project moved to another factory. The old factory doesnt want to give up the project unless they are paid a cancellation fee.

The cancellation fee is a bit high and pretty much wipes out any profit. Plus we dont trust the old factory to live up to their word of delivering the molds to the new factory.

So we have three choices.

- Completely resculpt it and have the new factory start from scratch

- Pay the old factory off and hope they live up to their word

- Cancel it

Cancelling it was the smartest option.

to be honest, the Baseball Furies are cool but you need the warriors to go with them. the WARRIORS is a cult classic, with a limited following compared to other licenses out there. A shame it was cancelled but business is business.

so I guess that means the old factory had the rights to the piece as well?
if not it seems like they couldve made new molds from a copy.
I cant imagine the only copy in existence was sent to the old factory?

... although .... it seems everybody agrees with the cancellation ...

good riddance anyway IMO...jerry will make better $$$ with the Thundercats license...

Why Baseball Furies and not a better character. Should have been last in line after running a main character and gauging the popularity of such a small cult film.

Why Baseball Furies and not a better character. Should have been last in line after running a main character and gauging the popularity of such a small cult film.

I think it is because out of all the gangs in the movie, the Furies stood out the most. If you ask someone who has only seen the movie once who they remember, it is likely that they will say "those baseball guys." Their makeup definetly makes them stand apart from the rest of the casr.

Back