Baseball Furie PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this looks like crap !. So much could be done with the warriors too.
Why the awkward poses , horrible paint apps too.

If Nacho doesnt like it, you know its ^^^^.

Thats right, you all FKN" heard the man....:D

Face looks like its smilleing and what KD said.. toonish.
And the pose is all wrong.
This PF needs to look intimidating, unfortunatelly sideshow
will strike out with this one.

hell..........kings headless figure looks better than this...........:monkey1

If I was someone who never saw the movie before I would just assume that it was a guy playing baseball with his face painted. But we have to remember that this character is not a baseball player at all. He is a sadistic and evil gang member who is ready to bash your brains in. I personally would have liked the look from the picture below because it would have conveyed that message a lot more clearly that he is someone not to mess with. See the cold demeanor that he has? It is the calm before the storm and this gang leader is getting ready to erupt at any moment to take your life away. Another look that would have been good is when they are chasing after the Warriors with the bats tucked under their arm. Either way it just needs to be more intimidating. When I look at this piece I want to see a gangster....not a baseball player.

baseball_furies.jpg

3451130959_52b8b88b07.jpg

I know I'll probably go to hell for this, but I'll most likely buy one of these despite it not looking all that great. But I don't blame Sideshow, I blame Popcultureshock. More and more, they seem to be turning into the Wal-Mart of premium format statues. Why couldn't Sideshow get the license and produce their own PF instead of distributing lesser-quality products from other companies?

I know I'll probably go to hell for this, but I'll most likely buy one of these despite it not looking all that great. But I don't blame Sideshow, I blame Popcultureshock. More and more, they seem to be turning into the Wal-Mart of premium format statues. Why couldn't Sideshow get the license and produce their own PF instead of distributing lesser-quality products from other companies?

Yikes...that was a little harsh. The Baseball Furie may not be my favorite but they still have other great stuff.

Last edited:
Yikes...that was a little harsh. The Baseball Furie may not be my favorite but they still have other great stuff.

Hey, I calls 'em as I sees 'em. ;)

I can only go from what I've seen of their products so far, and they haven't exactly rocked my world. Their flagship line, Street Fighter, has been plagued with production problems from day one, including Akuma's beads causing rub marks on his chest, Cammy's reverse-thong camel-toe, and the absolutely horrendous paintjob on Vega (not to mention his ridiculous pose).

And that's just the production problems. They also have issues with poorly-designed boxes and styrofoam inserts that result in more breakages during shipping than with Sideshow's releases. My buddy ended up having to return two Morrigan statues due to breakage issues and eventually had to settle on an undamaged, but poorly-painted replacement.

I guess my big question is, why don't they ask for fan feedback during the pre-production phase rather than showing us a 99%-complete prototype when it's too late to make any major changes? The first thing I would have said to Jerry about his proposed Fury PF was that the pose was all wrong. They're not baseball players, they're gang members who dress up in baseball uniforms. Big difference.

As I'm sure you know, Jerry posts here (or used to). Why don't you try and express yourself more constructively, it's got a better chance of being heard.

I'm sure other creators feel the same as Sideshow who recently said in an "Ask Sideshow" that forum comments that are extremely negative are ignored while those that are expressed with some modicum of respect may be taken as real suggestions.

As I'm sure you know, Jerry posts here (or used to). Why don't you try and express yourself more constructively, it's got a better chance of being heard.

I'm sure other creators feel the same as Sideshow who recently said in an "Ask Sideshow" that forum comments that are extremely negative are ignored while those that are expressed with some modicum of respect may be taken as real suggestions.

I hear ya, Dave, and that's normally my modus operandi. Believe me, he's more than aware of the problems with most of the products I mentioned, but rather than take steps to fix those problems in the future, it just seems to be business as usual. It boils down to quality control at the factories, and I'd argue that the problem is the factories themselves, and not an intentional attempt to pull a fast one on the customer.

But rather than outsource to a different factory (which is becoming more and more difficult these days, I know) or slow down production to ensure quality control during every step of the process, they actually appear to be accelerating their output with different pieces at various stages of production in multiple factories.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'd rather wait longer, or pay more for something that meets my expectations instead of getting something rushed into production to make a deadline. And I'd also appreciate having a chance to chime in with my comments during the initial development phase, rather than at the onset of production, when it's too late to make any major changes to the piece. I can't see how that would be anything but a win-win situation for both the company, and the customer.

Hello Freaks.

PLEASE tell me Jerry Mac either reads these posts and/or is going to to revise/improve the pose and sculpt before it's too late. We Warriors fans have waited quite a while for a Warriors 1/4 scale. This could've been so much more and it still can if it's not too late.

I would appreciate some responses from any knowledgeable Freaks here that know anything about Macaluso's production practices (i.e. if he considers fan input and has ever gone back to revise a project) and whether I should hold out hope or allow the depression to set in. :sick

Hello Freaks.

PLEASE tell me Jerry Mac either reads these posts and/or is going to to revise/improve the pose and sculpt before it's too late. We Warriors fans have waited quite a while for a Warriors 1/4 scale. This could've been so much more and it still can if it's not too late.

I would appreciate some responses from any knowledgeable Freaks here that know anything about Macaluso's production practices (i.e. if he considers fan input and has ever gone back to revise a project) and whether I should hold out hope or allow the depression to set in. :sick

THe BF pose is a sticky wicket... It wasnt my first choice but I was sort of pushed into it. I dont think its a bad pose, just not what I would do if I had final say.

I will say though, that it was pulled directly off screenshots and it IS exactly how the yellow Furie prepares to swing.

Remember...the manufacturer doesnt always have final say over these things....

THe BF pose is a sticky wicket... It wasnt my first choice but I was sort of pushed into it. I dont think its a bad pose, just not what I would do if I had final say.

I will say though, that it was pulled directly off screenshots and it IS exactly how the yellow Furie prepares to swing.

Remember...the manufacturer doesnt always have final say over these things....

Thanks very much for the info and reply, Jerry. It's appreciated.
Will the paint apps will be a little more detailed on the face and hair on the final production pieces?

Thanks very much for the info and reply, Jerry. It's appreciated.
Will the paint apps will be a little more detailed on the face and hair on the final production pieces?

No problem

Im a crappy photographer and I really should have someone better take pics. As with just about everything I make the production pieces look better than the pics of protos.

In person everyone really seems to like the BF.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/ksTjDg351dk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/ksTjDg351dk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back