Base/Diorama for Indy Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eesh, going scene specific would be an absolute pain in the ass for me because i'd be an incredible stickler for detail. Thats why im gunna go with a more generic scene, that way i can't be wronf

That Triad base is really cool. It'd make a great companion for Indy! I plan on displaying mine with this:

IndyDio.jpg

It's about 15" tall and 8" wide. I found it at a Target on clearance last year. Originaly there were three dowels just under that last relief holding it to a baseboard. So I sculpted the lower 3" and repainted it. It's not accurate to any of the films, obviously, but I can't wait to put him next to it!

I found something similar to this today as I had my eyes scanning for anything that I could use to display Dr. Jones... Unfortunately the one that I found didn't have that base as it was raised up and I would have had to rig something for the lower part so I decided to leave it and keep looking. The one that I found was in a clearance in WINNERS (Targetesque store here in Canada) and it had the same Indian feel except it had two (count em--two) ladies--er... how do I put this? Fondling one another. Indy would have been distracted by that and probably gotten a poison dart in the throat so it's a good thing I didn't go for it.

Anyone else find anything useful to use as a base?

damn, seeing this thread again makes me realize how much i've procrastinated on making my base....:monkey1

This image provided from Sideshow production blog :

032408_cropIMG_2073.jpg

The base of Premium Format Indiana Jones?:monkey5

This image provided from Sideshow production blog :

032408_cropIMG_2073.jpg

The base of Premium Format Indiana Jones?:monkey5

Interesting. Unless Sideshow changed the base, from what is depicted in the silhouette photo of the Indy PF (which looks like he's climbing stone steps) , this may not be the Indy base. I was thinking more along the lines of Jurassic Park.

I asked about it in the blog thread, that's how Polylord knew. :D

I intend to carry my Indy around and stick pins in him. :joy

Ehh no I didn't know it because of that. I recognised it because I own the Silver Screen edition from the Wolfman PF. A quick check on the Sideshow website showed me that I was correct. :cool:

Just to be a diversion from the (seemingly) endless wait for next Friday and the PF PPO I thought I'd post a pic of something I picked up today that I might use as a backdrop for my eventually arriving (always waiting aren't we?:D) 1/6 Indy. As it was only $3 at WINNERS/HOME SENSE (Canuck store) I couldn't pass it up.

Here's a view from above...

dsc04870sk2.jpg

One with Connery for the proper perspective...

dsc04871zq1.jpg

Anyway, imagine spooky cobwebs-- Indy's EXCLUSIVE torch in hand... It could work...

A taste of things to come...

dsc04872zf9.jpg

Back