Baroness Premium Format [High Res Pics in First Post]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my "new" Baroness from Sideshow today. It was definitely a return that they sold as a new statue. They didn't even bother to remove the arrow sticker they had put on the statue from where the damage had been.

IMG00235.jpg

They could have at least remove that sticker before shipping if they were trying to pass this off as a new statue.

Got my "new" Baroness from Sideshow today. It was definitely a return that they sold as a new statue. They didn't even bother to remove the arrow sticker they had put on the statue from where the damage had been.

IMG00235.jpg

They could have at least remove that sticker before shipping if they were trying to pass this off as a new statue.

Sorry to say that's nothing new, i have received brand "new" statues from sideshow with international stamps on the box, opened styrofoam, and double tapes with first layer already cut open.

I remember a while back all those idiots jumping on people including me for accusing sideshow of selling returns as new item, where are they now? It's a fact sideshow do this as they deem the return is in "good enough" condition to be resold.

Honestly i dont mind that much as long as the statue actually is in mint condition, but a lot of cases people return them for a reason...and sideshow just missed it during inspection.

Sorry to say that's nothing new, i have received brand "new" statues from sideshow with international stamps on the box, opened styrofoam, and double tapes with first layer already cut open.

I remember a while back all those idiots jumping on people including me for accusing sideshow of selling returns as new item, where are they now? It's a fact sideshow do this as they deem the return is in "good enough" condition to be resold.

Honestly i dont mind that much as long as the statue actually is in mint condition, but a lot of cases people return them for a reason...and sideshow just missed it during inspection.

I believe you bro, they had to something with them. Now this explains why some of statues seems to have issues on them. Nothing major but still some small flaws. :mad:

It all depends on the recipient. I returned a Cobra Commander who had a crooked sigil on the front of his chest. He was perfect except that the sigil was too far to the right. It was something that I couldn't live with but months later what looked like the same CC was shown by another member who couldn't have cared less. He was just happy to own the figure. :huh

It all depends on the recipient. I returned a Cobra Commander who had a crooked sigil on the front of his chest. He was perfect except that the sigil was too far to the right. It was something that I couldn't live with but months later what looked like the same CC was shown by another member who couldn't have cared less. He was just happy to own the figure. :huh

did you tell him :monkey1

IMG00235.jpg

Terrible transaction for ya. Unprofessional and unacceptable. I'd drop this hobby like a bad habit if that had happened to me. (err wait...this hobby is a bad habit). Anyways....as cool as SSC can be doing something like this is just wrong.

Shouldn't this count as a distressed piece instead of new?

Playing devils advocate here but, was the statue fixed or was the scratch present? And would you have known anything was wrong if the sticker had never been there?

First of all, the box that the item came in was for a regular baroness pf an had the word "Exclusive" hand written on the side of it. Then the base had a couple of scratches on it. My hopes weren't too high at that point. The first thing I saw when I pulled out the body was the sticker. Yes, the scratch was still there. It was noticable in person.

Also, the packing of the belt and gun holster looked like they had been crammed in to one compartment. There was one small compartment in the styrofoam that had wrapping paper in it, but no piece. I was guessing that was where the gun went that was already in the holster, but I may be wrong.

Mines on flexypay, by the way this threads trending I shall receive a box of rubble. :lol

Trying to decide on using my points on this or Deadpool, if I use them I could get her for a little over a $100

Trying to decide on using my points on this or Deadpool, if I use them I could get her for a little over a $100

Out of the 2 baroness wins by far for me. I can care less about deadpool compare to baroness. This statue is excellent in person if you are a gijoe fan from the 80s. Btw the ex is only 500 not 1250 like deadpool ;)

Out of the 2 baroness wins by far for me. I can care less about deadpool compare to baroness. This statue is excellent in person if you are a gijoe fan from the 80s. Btw the ex is only 500 not 1250 like deadpool ;)

Loved gi joe in the 80s, had to rush home right after school to watch it along with Transformers.Whats pushing me to this piece is I know Destro will be coming and something about Deadpool that seems alittle off.

Back