Barbie Aragorn and Arwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But isn't Anduril a huge sword? I just watch ROTK and it looks HUGE in Aragorn's hand.

Yeah, but how big is too big?

As you said, an accurately sized Anduril looks huge and a bit out of scale. A slightly over-sized one draws even more attention to itself and looks out of place and a bit silly, imo.

So any pics?

How about SS Aragorn wearing Ken's Elessar outfit?

No pics yet, Jedi Princess. And sorry for neglecting to respond to your similar question about the crown in the customs thread...

But I can give you a run down of how the Ken outfit would work for a custom Elessar. I picked up a set of the clothes for a pretty good price a couple of years ago. No figure though (don't want it). I'd like to get the Barbie Arwen dress to transplant to the Toybiz figure, but have never managed to. Anyway:

The usable:
Crown - pretty accurate, just missing the winged piece in the back. Actually the piece in front is a little short, closer to what should be in the back. It fits snug on Sideshow Aragorn's head.
Pants - fine. They have an interesting texture that probably isn't accurate, but who's going to see them anyway?
Cloak - nice for Elessar or Elendil, but would need alterations to attach at the shoulders accurately
Chest armor - nice detail, would need a repaint. Its also just the front, so you'd have to construct a backside, at least for Elessar (Elendil could get away without one)
Red shirt - nice, works fine.
Bicep armor - accurate, works for Elessar or Black Gates Aragorn.

The bad:
Boots - Small and worthless, they close over the feet on a hinge. It should also be noted that the leg armor is missing.
Chainmail - This is sort of a toss up. It doesn't look terrible, but it also doesn't look like chainmail. Its closer to what the Galadhirim archers wear.
Shoulder armor - not accurate at all
Gauntlets - Close, but missing one of the smaller winged pieces.
Sword - comically awful. I don't think you could use it for anything LotR.

Well, I was home sick today so I found some time to take some pictures. Here is how the crown looks on various Aragorn head configurations. Top is normal Sideshow Aragorn. Middle is Hot Toys' Viggo sculpt with the Sideshow hair (WIP). Bottom is the hair from the DID Aragorn. (That's the one I think I'll end up using for Elessar with a Hot Toys head)

That HT Viggo sculpt looks very good!
Just a little repaint with beard and it should be pretty perfect...
Can you post more pics?
Also, which figure is it?

Well, I was home sick today so I found some time to take some pictures. Here is how the crown looks on various Aragorn head configurations. Top is normal Sideshow Aragorn. Middle is Hot Toys' Viggo sculpt with the Sideshow hair (WIP). Bottom is the hair from the DID Aragorn. (That's the one I think I'll end up using for Elessar with a Hot Toys head)

I didn't know HT made a Viggo!

neet. is his armor plastic, or metal, and is it solid, or is it soft?

The armor is a very hard plastic. I took some pics of the rest of the outfit but I won't have access to them to post until after the holidays.

The Viggo head was used by Hot Toys on 2 different figures. With normal skin its on a HALO Night Ops figure. With camo skin its on some sort of Mountain Trooper (I think). I remember the camo one was easier to get, and it really wouldn't matter since you repaint the whole thing. He has short cropped hair and a mustache - which is best to remove.

I looked through the thread on Sideshow's Aragorn and remember seeing one custom where someone else used the Hot Toys head.

I have the Galadriel that I bought for my daughter, yep she's a Barbie alright.

That looks great! Now I really have to get one of these Barbie sets!

Back