BANE - Show Your Customs / Modification / Customization

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So waaaay back I bought a pair of knife holding hands from the HT Platoon figures so my Storm Shadow could better hold his swords. I knew they were a unique pair of TT hands, and wish I had bought more. But this past week, I remembered them and realized they would be perfect for holding the lapels with Banes boss pose.

dsc01384vo.jpg

dsc01387ns.jpg

Thanks man! One quick tip, its easier to put the hands (with wrist pegs inserted) on the lapels first and then insert them into the arms. Its easier this way since you have to hold the hands open.

I posted this in the regular Bane thread too. If anybody wants to test out the stock pants, they are not too bad, but need more material HT........:slap

If anybody was intrested in the look, I took the stock pants and dyed them with Rit Navy, Removed the cotton in the shin pad area to give the pants more room and then used model sandpaper on the pants to weather it down and lighten the navy color.

If you cannot get a pair of FCS and can scoop up another pair of Bane pants, this makes for a decent proxy. Still not alot of material at the thighs, but I definitely made the material thinner and loose all the way through weathering it. Need to glue to shin pads back on. Sorry for crapy iphone pics.

DEFAABF4-CD8D-40F8-94ED-9A152B39F9B1-2189-0000013D05655A72_zps54e632ee.jpg

Just not alot of material to futz with still.......
E5C8EB41-7DD0-4449-BB80-215754E07EAE-2189-0000013D0F934FDC_zps3f19177e.jpg

IMG_20130331_192411_792_zps29d7e737.jpg

Put the sweater on under the Trialmaster, then cut up one gauntlet to fake like he's wearing it under the sleeve. Also had to lengthen the leather belt around his waist, though I'm not done with that yet.

Awesome, thanks.

I like it because it's not overly brown, it's just enough.

It really looks perfect man. You should be proud.

Gonna give it a go once I finish my commissions

Thank ya! Here's a shot with better lighting to show the color a bit more. I was afraid the sweater would cause him to look too bulky, but I think it actually works. I glued a piece of the collar strap I cut off to the end of the belt to give it some length and weathered a bit the section that is under the buckle so it would look like your typical old belt would after years of use.

IMG_20130331_222732_836_zps42b92aa7.jpg

Also, I lost most of the buttons so the gold buttons you see on the jacket are actually dots of sculpey I glued on and painted.

Back