Bandai 1/48 AT-ST model

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sentry83

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Here's my 1/48 AT-ST by bandai all painted up. I also made a base and display case for it from some leftover acrylic from a client's sign job. Might end up making them for all of my figures and models, although gluing them up is a pain. I might try and figure out a slot and tab system for them.

Gj4Faob.jpg

fomlHWC.jpg

4jJEx0b.jpg

gm7kcwg.jpg

JHZsxEj.jpg

m9yyFhK.jpg

woUuj3f.jpg

Looks terrific! I'm a complete novice with models but was thinking about giving it a go. Was eyeing the deagostini falcon but just too afraid my lack of skill won't do justice to such an expensive piece. Then I found these bandai kits and bought a few. For now they are in a box, but someday.........

Nicely done! That's some serious acrylic. Looks to be at least 1/4" thickness.

Thanks! Yeah, it was 1/4 left over from a job. I don't think I'd use it again though, it's really tough to cut with a laser engraver and keep it square. I'd like to put some up on my etsy store eventually, but I'm still figuring out what the best way to do them would be. Shipping them assembled seems like a nightmare, So I'm working on figuring out a tab and slot system that would work, that way they can flat pack. If i ever get a chance to do some personal projects, I might order in a sheet of 3/16 and see how that works out.

Looks terrific! I'm a complete novice with models but was thinking about giving it a go. Was eyeing the deagostini falcon but just too afraid my lack of skill won't do justice to such an expensive piece. Then I found these bandai kits and bought a few. For now they are in a box, but someday.........

The bandai kits are phenomenal, I highly recommend them to anyone, even if you arent a model builder. They look pretty stellar even without the added paint

Thanks! Yeah, it was 1/4 left over from a job. I don't think I'd use it again though, it's really tough to cut with a laser engraver and keep it square. I'd like to put some up on my etsy store eventually, but I'm still figuring out what the best way to do them would be. Shipping them assembled seems like a nightmare, So I'm working on figuring out a tab and slot system that would work, that way they can flat pack. If i ever get a chance to do some personal projects, I might order in a sheet of 3/16 and see how that works out.

A 3/16 sheet would work fine and will maintain rigidity with channels/slots in the base.
Let me know once you start taking custom build orders.

A 3/16 sheet would work fine and will maintain rigidity with channels/slots in the base.
Let me know once you start taking custom build orders.

Thanks! I tried with some 1/8, but it was just too fragile, so i think 3/16 will be a good fit. laser cuttable, but still rigid. Shoot me a pm and we can talk about a custom one if you're interested :)

Got the chance to do a new case today with 3/16 material. I used a slot and tab system this time, and it works really well. No messy glue joins, easy to move around and also take apart for cleaning!

_BAM5158.jpg

Very nice work. I did one about a year ago and am not a skilled modeler. I need to practice the scrapes and paint loss work. Here are some crappy shots of mine.
bb8e58a7-da1d-4f9c-b6fc-9806a2feda76_zpslxdf6gdj.jpg

9e8ebe29-cf2b-465e-9dd2-22bc8a8b94d5_zpschdvxeqb.jpg

Really cool AT-ST build, and the display is great! What is the height of the whole dio?

The case is 7.5 inches tall and the black base is a little over an inch, so about 9" overall.

Back