Balrog vs. Grey Hulk - which will rule $$$$$$

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beren said:
I really don't get it... it's the exact same sculpt!!

If someone REALLY wants a grey Hulk, find a professional, he will repaint the Green to look exactly like the Sideshow Grey one for $80 at most...

Then you'd just be a wannabe. Deep down you would know your Grey is nothing special and that you wasted a good Green Exclusive. I have no issues with customs but in this case...:emperor

Greedo said:
Then you'd just be a wannabe. Deep down you would know your Grey is nothing special and that you wasted a good Green Exclusive. I have no issues with customs but in this case...:emperor

A wannabe? Are you saying that being the owner of a Grey Hulk makes you a somebody?? Yikes... :confused:

As stated before, the only thing that makes Grey Hulk 'special' is that a person from China was paid $5 to paint it grey instead of green.. . It's the SAME sculpt.

And if someone REALLY prefers a Grey over Green (and it's not just the edition number that's in their head) then it wouldn't be wasted for them... :chew

Beren

Well it's gotta be the Balrog.

Even with another version of the Balrog the original big daddy has stayed high! Whereas the green and grey hulks are the same pose and not only that but there is another version of the green one with l.e.d. lights. Most who realize that the grey hulk is out of their reach will end up with the green.

BALROG WINS!!!!!!!!!! :balrog

student_toe5 said:
got pics??? PICS!!!!!

There are no pics of it yet, as they are still working on it. It will hopefully be released later this year.

Gruson said:
There are no pics of it yet, as they are still working on it. It will hopefully be released later this year.

Will you be doin the old swaperooni with the 2?

CM replace SS?

I think Balrog....why?
Because there are already so many Hulk's around.
Bowen, Hard Hero, and more. And I agree, this is by far the most impressive one, but the already made point that there are other, better looking versions of the same statue, and the fact that for most people the Hulk is green, and they don't get the grey color, won't help the prize.
And the Balrog only has a much smaller, unlimited version as competition.

Balrog. As others have said I think the Grey will get to around 2k maybe a little more or a little less and not go much higher. Why? Well to repeat everyone there are two other choices with the same pose going against it. With the Balrog there isn't that same problem plus the Balrog is still a piece many want and strive for. The ES is the only thing helping the Grey Hulk because if we just compared piece vs piece it's not close.

Looks like the Balrog is winning! The last Grey Hulk didn't sell, and the three currently up on eBay have no bids, and one has a starting bid of only $1000 with just over a day to go! The Grey Hulk gravy train may be over before it even started...

Give it time my friend!

This would be considered the Grey Hulk "flood" as it were, with everybody
and their brother duking it out trying to get theirs sold ASAP. Several
sellers on at once = beating each other on pricing = buyer's market.

Once these dry up, and all of the Grey Hulks are in the hands of the
"true GH collectors" then we'll see what happens once they don't show
up often anymore on Ebay or any other venues to purchase.

Hulk is a wildly popular character, and this is THE top tier Hulk Statue
ever produced for most people, so I'm betting it will nigh-impossible to
acquire one in the future for near the prices it goes for currently.

JS :)

One thing have to remeber the Balrog didn't all of the sudden bam 2000 for it. It took a little while.
I still kick myself for not getting him when he was on the site, but then again I would rather have the Cave Troll just because the balrog is kind of small, I always thought he was bigger until I saw a comparison picture.

The Cave Troll looks much better than the Balrog,
and that is the reason I sold my Balrog, yet still
have my Cave Troll, and won't part with it at all.

JSAuctionService said:

Yea if I had picked up back then I most likely would of sold him I would rather have the Cave Troll.

JSAuctionService said:

that and the fact you have that huge custom balrog coming.:D

jlcmsu sumed it up. Hulk dosen't compair to the Balrog.

One thing have to remeber the Balrog didn't all of the sudden bam 2000 for it. It took a little while.

It was like that for near all the FOTR pieces, then TT came out and prices changed drastically.

Gray just is not as popular as Green. Sure it's 50, but there have been gray Hulk's with low ES in the past and their prices have dropped. Plus it's just a repaint, that's it. I think this will average 1,200 and below for a while.

It was like that for near all the FOTR pieces, then TT came out and prices changed drastically.

WELL some prices changed drastically and some have fallen back down. Maybe because I collect many different kinds of statues and such I don't have the "nothing will ever be more valuable or saught after than the Balrog" thinking. I mean there's been Bowen busts that have reached up to 1,000 bucks and what sold for $40-50 bucks. Now that is a return on your money.

I love my LOTR pieces but I think some hold the Balrog statue almost as a idol,
"Don't look at my Balrog unless he wish's you too!"
"No one is mightier than the Balrog"
"Marry in a church? Bhaha The Balrog wishes to marry us in the backyard only!"

:chew

Back