baloo custom biomask for HT original Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YOU COULD DO IT!!!!!!!!

I cant wait to put this on my P1. But been in the 90th spot, patience is a virtue I will have to lean to dominate.

Just one question, will you use wires as thin as the ones Hot Toys used?

Thierry, that's unreal.
Congratulations, man.
The first tries already looked good, to have a first look, but of course those were failures, but this?!
*unbelievable laughter*
****ing amazing, no kidding.
:)
Can't wait to see this finished...

Many thanks my friends!

@MxBxM:
For the visible cabling (the 4 outsides of which 2 for the connection of the lighting, and the 2 others which are dummy), I use of the Turnigy Pure-Silicone Wire 24AWG Black (very flexible) 1.3 mm in outer diameter which gets closer most accurate to the original (I would have preferred 1.0 mm but I didn't found...). The wire which HT had used is too thin and too stiff to my taste.
For the hidden wiring (from the LED towards the temporal connector), I use an ultra thin époxied wire (almost as thin as a hair). I made a channel in the mask for the passage of these 2 wires. It will then be filled for by a little resin so as to let nothing appear.

@Timo: hehe, glad you like it, my friend!

@Greg: oui, normalement!
... La suite demain...

:clap:clap:clap:yess:

I had to step out of the darkness briefly to congratulate you on your fantastic accomplishments.

Oh and that was great you received helpful advice from the wonderful friends here (taylerdurdem, bobamike, etc). I am grateful to them also.

Bravo! :clap

Thank you very much!

:exactly: Yes, you're absolutely right: taylerdurdem, as bobamike and many others, are really nice guys!
Thank you to them! :hi5:

Baloo, what can i say man...
I just woke up to pure...:thud::thud::thud::thud:
DAYUM! it came out amazing, i think i'm going to cry...*sniff* beautiful work :1-1:
You finally got their in the end man, excelent job. This shall be the holy grail for my P1 :D

Last edited:
Thank you infinitely! I never get tired of all your compliments, guys! You are all a locomotive for me, you know...

I'm preparing the copy in resin to fix the LED (pics to come this afternoon)...

Micro-wires are glued in channel. They are soldered to small pieces of brass tubes (Ext ø 1.0 mm x L 2.7 mm) fixed in the temporal connector. Before to mask the wires with resin, I'm going to put the LED and its housing.
Two layers of black paint will be applied in housing to make a screen against the brightness of the LED.

picture.php

picture.php

Zoom in (parts not trimmed):

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

WOW! That looks amazing! Nice work baloo! :hi5:

Micro-wires are glued in channel. They are soldered to small pieces of brass tubes (Ext ø 1.0 mm x L 2.7 mm) fixed in the temporal connector. Before to mask the wires with resin, I'm going to put the LED and its housing.
Two layers of black paint will be applied in housing to make a screen against the brightness of the LED.

picture.php

picture.php

Soooooo cool. :bow

Thank you friends. I'm glad you stopped by on my thread, hehe.

@ Jessica: Since I started this adventure, the road was much longer and more chaotic than I'd thought, but there it is!... So thank you, because I appreciate all the more what you write for that.

@ Mag: it changes you a little about your batcave, right?! Hehe... Still not decided to extend your beautiful collection in the world of the Predator?

@Wolf-Predator: haha... "predgasum" is it a Latin onomatopoeia predatorian? :lol

You are at home here, so check back whenever you want, folks! :duff

Last edited:
Thank you friends. I'm glad you stopped by on my thread, hehe.

@ Jessica: Since I started this adventure, the road was much longer and more chaotic than I'd thought, but there it is!... So thank you, because I appreciate all the more what you write for that.

@ Mag: it changes you a little about your batcave, right?! Hehe... Still not decided to extend your beautiful collection in the world of the Predator?

@Wolf-Predator: haha... "predgasum" is it a Latin onomatopoeia predatorian? :lol

You are at home here, so check back whenever you want, folks! :duf

Just watched your pics about the LED´s and the route you´re taking for it
Looks sweet, can´t wait to see it fired up, Thierry.
:clap

You want some light, Timo?... But there is only to ask! :D

picture.php

The wires were covered with resin, the LED and its housing are in position, as well as the lingual trigger and the side tubes.

picture.php

I am going to be able to begin the painting...

Beautiful. This is what Hot toys should have done. Can,t wait to get it.

Baloo, if its not too much to ask, could you give us a full body pic. I am just dying to see how better proportioned it is now.

Hardly 3 minutes that I posted the pics and already answers? Wow!... I am watched diligently, hehe!

Many thanks friends! :D

You want some light, Timo?... But there is only to ask! :D

picture.php

The wires were covered with resin, the LED and its housing are in position, as well as the lingual trigger and the side tubes.

picture.php

I am going to be able to begin the painting...

Seriously, Don't even need to send your resume to Hot Toys. Just send them a painted mask, and you'll probably be hired! Thanks for sharing your progress with us. Amazing job! Definately the best 1/6 scale Predator mask to date!!! :clap

Back