Bad custom purchase on eBay

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chamildav

Super Freak
Reaction score
You know, I don't buy many customs on ebay anymore, too spotty on the quality of what you recieve, but once in a while something strikes my fancy. I just recieved an item I purchased on a second chance offer. I'm not going to mention the seller, I purchased an item from him before, and while it wasn't up to my expectations, it was a legitimate custom/customised effort involving a Biliken vinyl figure and an articulated GI Joe Body with custom work done. And he has an overall good reputation. This recent item was described as a "custom" also, and although the details in the description were limited I decided to take a chance based on the pictures and the sellers reputation for his customs. What I actually recieved was a Max Steele base body with a Playing Mantis Captain Action costume and accessories. The only custom item involved was a headsculpt and it was actually damaged, and not in transit as the portions of the neck that had chipped and broken off weren't in the package. The seller is outside the US and I'm just not going to bother trying to get my money back. It's not worth the effort. Besides just venting my disapointment here, I really would like some opinions from others on a couple of things that I think are odd before I leave feedback for the seller. Someone else bought the presumably identical figure to the one I did, paid twice as much, and left ecstatic feedback about the excellence of the workmanship. I guess I'm trying to figure out if I'm nuts before I leave a negative for the "customiser". I don't intend to call him names, just describe what I recieved. Are my expectations unreasonable for a "custom" item? I've seen and owned some really beautiful work from customisers, and I can't help but feel I can tell the difference between treasures and trash. This wasn't a treasure. I'm curious what some others with similar experiences did. Thanks for your time.

Yeah. I agree. Contact the seller and tell him/her what you received. Be professional about it like in your message and see how they respond. They might respond courteously. You never know!

Personally, I feel that you're out of luck if he's selling as is.

Usually, I don't expect anything from ebay being returnable. I think it's the buyer responsiblity to do more research like asking for more close-up pictures, etc when bidding on it.

Good luck.

I'd try contacting him...but its hard to say if you are being an :horse about it without pics. Maybe try contacting the other guy who gave him ecstatic reviews and see if he got the same thing.

Sometimes I don't mind a resurrected thread (2 1/2 yrs?), because I might have missed something cool.
Not this time!

Not sure what happened but if the TS is still around and active. Maybe he could tell us at the end what happened. He he get the customizer to replace the HS for him?

17114d1257963711-necropost-warning-pinhead-necro2.jpg

Hey man, sorry to hear that, A good option is to contact the seller thru email with some pictures of the damaged item, so that you can get a refund if your not satisfied with the figure, hope this helps!!

LOL! Was about ready to share insights, and after backreading, realized it's an old thread! :slap

Hahaha this stuff is great, it's like a huge bear trap. Just waiting to see who is gonna offer advice next.

If the Opening poster still has a problem and wishes to discuss it here please contact me and I can re-open the thread.
As this is a 2 year old thread and the OP has not posted since the first post, I will lock it.
x :peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back