B-Electronic's Danbury Mint Barad-dur redeux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickDTM

Fell Beast Tamer
Reaction score
B-Electronic's Danbury Mint Barad-dur redeux (Tower Lit Pg 2)

Bas (B-Electronic) asked me awhile back to re-paint his Danbury Mint Dark Tower. After many discussions back and forth between he and I, we came up w/ the following color scheme. I DID manage to snap some "before" shots this time!! ;)

Before:

BdurBfore1.JPG

BdurBfore2.JPG

BdurBfore1.JPG

Last edited:
...And After

Tower1%201.JPG

....And "After". Gone is the blue paint of the tower, the nameplate, and I've enhanced the fire effects and rock coloring.

Tower2.JPG

Tower3.JPG

TowerClose.JPG

Fire1.JPG

Didn't think it looked bad before, but after the repainting it looks
beautifuuuuuuul - love the lava-glow-effect!

No more blue tower of Mordor!

:banana

Nice job Rick.

The sculpt of this has always looked good...but never
bought because of the eye, nameplate and color scheme.

This is more like it.

That's Incredible :horror I love what you've done at the the top of the Tower with the glow from the eye! Fantastic.

Hit me! I obviously wasn't looking properly at the original over at Chuck's board yesterday, when I didn't see that much difference as I do now. :slap Obviously, I still have this picture from the Danbury advert in my head: It looks exactly like Rick's modded tower!
Next to each other the difference is just :horror My most favourite part is probably where the eye sits! Bloody fantastic! Ricktified, Barad-Dur comes to life! :clap

bdurbeforesmall0be.jpg
bdurafter7ky.jpg

Thanx all!! I want to get one more shot of the piece w/ the "Eye" fully lit, then she's all yours Bas! :naughty

Hey while you're at it, B should see if you can get some transparent hardening gel like some silicone sealant stuff maybe.. I don't know what product would work- and die it red, then sort of add a transparent paint layer for the eye... sculpted custom Barad Dur eye.

Man... Rick that's a very tempting item you've produced. :drool:

larbob said:
Nice job Rick.

The sculpt of this has always looked good...but never
bought because of the eye, nameplate and color scheme.

This is more like it.

I agree with this 100%. That's the exact reason I never bought it also. I knew Rick would be up to the task.

I think I might get several pieces "Ricktified" later this year.

Wow.. that looks totallly awesome. Great paint job!!

Have one on order from Danbury mint myself (well, I *think* I do.. got a card saying they received my order, but haven't heard anything in quite a while).

It's gonna pale compared to what you have done though.

Again, great job!! :banana

Amazing.
Ok, so how many Barad-dur enviros are coming Rick's way now?
He will be seeing mine (as soon as Danbury ships the damn things).

That looks waaaaay better Rick.That nameplate had a date with the dumpster for sure.That lava glow has a great look! I love it.How many pm's did you get after showing this? :wacky

Damn, that looks nice. I would have actually bought it if it looked like that.

I thought it looked good up until the pick with the EYE then :google I have this piece I have always liked it but now I think I am going to have to email Rick and be put on the long list. LOL I figured if he can repaint my helms deep he can do my dur.

Back