Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It sounds counter-intuitive but its true. Some things are more magical when not fully realized. Like most fantasies.

Yup. And purposefully draw the audiences eyes to the main part of the frame.

So, I was thinking about how they downloaded all the marine dudes' personalities and stuff.

Wouldn't that just mean they could create an army of avatar bodies and put their personalities on them? There would be no way to stop them unless they went to the source on earth.

So, I was thinking about how they downloaded all the marine dudes' personalities and stuff.

Wouldn't that just mean they could create an army of avatar bodies and put their personalities on them? There would be no way to stop them unless they went to the source on earth.

Great point!

Address that, and the thousand other lazy/weird/idiotic decisions that were made, and they might have actually had a good film on their hands.

Maybe, they just needed more time? :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, but remember
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yeah, but remember
Spoiler Spoiler:

They'll pay for them all with space whale brain juice, lol. Speaking of that, did they just give up on unobtanium?

space whale brain juice
:lol

Oh brother... maybe that would have been a better title.

Avatar 2: Space Whale Brain Juice

Then each successive movie could focus on the latest military McGuffin the humans are chasing.

Avatar 3: Flying Fish Babies mashed in a Soup

Avatar 4: Doe Raguuma's Eyes and Tail

Avatar 5: Navi Sex-nectors Slices

Not sure if anybody has watched this guy, but he did a nice video comparing all the different theatrical versions of Avatar... 2D, 3D, 3D HFR and Dolby Cinema.

And funny enough he said the same thing I did about The Hobbit in HFR... :yess:

So it's not just some of us... :lol

Yeah, but remember
Spoiler Spoiler:
So in all fairness it’s really his brother that’s banging neytiri

Yes, Jake is raising his brother's children. But, at least he got to MAKE the children. But then again...he had to use his brother's blue dong in order to do that.

I fully enjoyed this dumb movie.

It’s hard for me to give it real rating as the 3D added so much to the film ( like the first )

I gave the first movie a 3.5 out of 5 when I first saw it but said that the 3D added a whole point. I probably should have said a point and a half because the 2nd time at home it was not nearly as good and I have never had a desire to watch it a third.

I liked this one more and would say it’s a 4 out of 5 with a point given for the 3D. So really a 3 out of 5. Personally I enjoyed the look and location setting of this film much more. I like the kids and thought the action was solid and suspenseful at times. I like the villain more this time also as he was not just a one note bad guy this time.

I fear this will not hold up very well on home video with no 3D. Much of it is like watching a underwater documentary which is great in 3D but may be boring without it.

Anyways I liked it but it had some corny moments and not much of a story to fill out the 3 hour run time.

I think the second act of the film is what's going to stop me from watching this film again. It's about an hour of family drama focusing on teen romance and fitting in with the new kids and befriending an outcast whale....wtf. :lol The third act is good thank God, so it saves the film for me, but that second act felt never ending and I fell asleep twice. Still, the film is nice to look at, but I wish it was shorter.

Also, I expected more from the underwater scenes. For a movie that was making such a big deal out of exploring a new place in Pandora, it was kind of disappointing that the water Aliens live on a nice resort by the beach, and when they do go into the water is literally a few feet underwater right in front of their huts. :lol The underwater world in Black Panther 2 was more impressive and creative than anything in Avatar. We spent most of the film swimming by the shore.

Hopefully Avatar 3 will have more action, less cliche teen drama stuff, and less water. I think Water World was better. :chase

I dont think anyone is saying this will FLOP. It'll make some money. What it will do is underperform.

Once the first of the year is past, thats when lack of "legs" will begin to show. Why wont it have legs? Easy. A sparse plot that cribs off the first installment, which in its turn was just Dances with Wolves pt. 2. This film does not capture my imagination. Or, going by what I'm seeing, the imaginations of a lot of others. A blue guy undergoes his Family Man character arc. Ok, cool.... but not three+ hours of cool.

I liked DwW a lot. But if I want to watch that, I'll go watch it - and I wont be trapped in a theatre for over three hours, far away from the nearest restroom and unable to check my phone if I want to. And with no Pause button. YMMV, and thats fine. Not everyone loves the same stuff, and this is coming from someone who managed to sit through Infinity War and nearly died during the process. People just looooooooooooooooved that.

But not me.

A tissue box?

A Box of pain made large. You better brush up on your Dune lore, kiddo. :sneaky:

Dune-box-of-pain.jpg

Back