AVATAR FAN'S Art/Poster Collection & Figure Reviews (Update 9/24)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVATAR FAN'S Collection & Figure Reviews

I'm liking the reviews and you have a very nice setup!

Re: AVATAR FAN'S Collection & Figure Reviews

I'm liking the reviews and you have a very nice setup!

I try and keep a clean looking collection. I don't own much yet so that's actually kind of easy to do. Some of you guys have serious collections and i can only imagine the difficulty of trying to keep that orderly. :gah:

Dave Perillo Pixar 25th Anniversary Luxo Jr. Variant

I got a call yesterday that the first 2 pieces I had sent into the framing shop were done!!!

The first I'll share is a d23 exclusive Disney Pixar 25th anniversary variant. I picked up this piece online through a dealer on eBay for a pretty good price compared to what they are going for. Mine is #35/150 total made. It's the Luxo Jr Variant and its just an awesome piece.

The piece was prepared by Hobby Lobby in Albany, NY, and I can't recommend Hobby Lobby enough. They really do an amazing job, and actually build their own custom frames, so costs are considerably less than a JoAnn's. I got quotes from a couple places, and nobody could touch Hobby Lobby. My lady over there is phenomenal and walked through every step with me and even traded e-mails. She's still got a couple other pieces and I'll share those with you as I get them!

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Acme Archives Neytiri signed by James Cameron

This piece has quite an amazing story. The story is that this was the first drawing of Neytiri that James Cameron drew as concept art years ago. Tracking it down was a completely different beast. They sold out instantly at Acme Archives before I was aware it even existed. Well I went to a lot of the online vendors and they were sold out too. I even went as far as to work with some art dealers. i was willing to pay a pretty penny for this piece as it's the quintessential piece of Avatar artwork that is signed by James Cameron. Well I was working with an art dealer and Acme Archives to get a piece. Only 50 were being made and each hand signed by Cameron. Well they sat in his office for months unsigned. Well after release one day I'm checking BBTS and out of nowhere they had one. I was stunned. I literally had gone to heaven and back to try and get one, and yet, there one was. It was unreal. I love this piece and it's really the crown jewel of my collection despite having some other great pieces.

This was produced by Acme Archives as a giclee and I have #5/50. They were each hand signed by James Cameron. Love this piece!

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Re: Acme Archives Neytiri signed by James Cameron

This piece has quite an amazing story. The story is that this was the first drawing of Neytiri that James Cameron drew as concept art years ago. Tracking it down was a completely different beast. They sold out instantly at Acme Archives before I was aware it even existed. Well I went to a lot of the online vendors and they were sold out too. I even went as far as to work with some art dealers. i was willing to pay a pretty penny for this piece as it's the quintessential piece of Avatar artwork that is signed by James Cameron. Well I was working with an art dealer and Acme Archives to get a piece. Only 50 were being made and each hand signed by Cameron. Well they sat in his office for months unsigned. Well after release one day I'm checking BBTS and out of nowhere they had one. I was stunned. I literally had gone to heaven and back to try and get one, and yet, there one was. It was unreal. I love this piece and it's really the crown jewel of my collection despite having some other great pieces.

This was produced by Acme Archives as a giclee and I have #5/50. They were each hand signed by James Cameron. Love this piece!

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Beautiful, Simply Beautiful

Amazing stuff :rock Keep em coming! I get all my prints framed at Hobby Lobby too and the lady that does all my framing is a Marvel fan!

Beautiful, Simply Beautiful

Amazing stuff :rock Keep em coming! I get all my prints framed at Hobby Lobby too and the lady that does all my framing is a Marvel fan!

Thanks Gents! I'll never go anywhere but Hobby Lobby. They just do phenomenal work for the money. You can't tell in my avatar piece, but there's actually 3 boards in there, and the black is hanging, so it's lifted up a bit off the others. Creates a lot more depth when standing in front of it.

I'm a huge fan of Marvel and share your love there. I'll continue to add my pieces as I get them! If you liked these...you're going to LOVE what I did with my Tyler Stout Captain America variant!

Stay tuned...

Hot Toys Whiplash Review

Currently being shipped. Purchased from board member.

Reserved for future review...

I love your collection so far & congrats on the Avatar poster, especially after all the effort you went through looking for it. Looking forward to seeing what your got coming next :)

Back