Autopsy Scully on her way

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got what I thought was going to be Scully, but it ended up being my canceled Moonraker Bond. Customer Service still hasn't replied to my email I sent yesterday. :confused: Scully should be here tomorrow :D

You didn't order Bond and Scully together did you? If not, why didn't they ship mine together too. Is Sideshow to cheap to send two packages 10 miles to you Dave? :huh Does Scully's box have the new Sideshow exclusive sticker like Bond does? I'd imagine that will be the new trend?

PS I was just wondering, do you happen to have one of those Holiday Frankenstein figures Dave? I think Sideshow should offer those type of figures again to us/and/or the newsletter subscribers. (new figures obviously)

All the exclusives I have gotten recently have had the bright gold sticker.

I have a Holiday Frank, but had to get him off ebay. I wasn't special enough when they gave them out.

I got Scully finally. The wallet ID looks really cool in the package. The first figures really should have come with them though. The paintjob seems to be perfect... I can only hope Mulder turns out the same.

Buttmunch said:
PS I was just wondering, do you happen to have one of those Holiday Frankenstein figures Dave? I think Sideshow should offer those type of figures again to us/and/or the newsletter subscribers. (new figures obviously)

Yeah, I would like to see some new releases along this line as well. Unfortunately I got on board too late for those too.

Sideshow has updated the Scully's page. She looks just like that in person so it must be a final product and no longer a prototype. They also updated Home Mulder's. If he looks like that in the final product I'll be happy. The accessories for Mulder are great! The baseball and newspaper are cool.

If Mulder is at Sideshow HQ why didn't he ship the same time as Scully? I think most of people who ordered Mulder also ordered Scully. I would rather have waited a few more days to save on shipping, but I am a tightwad. I love your signature Dusty :mwaha

Will all products be updated like this now when they arrive at Sideshow?

Sorry for the confusion - seems I am causing a lot of that around here lately, maybe I should not stop trying to be so helpful :D :eek: - a few (maybe 6 tops) production samples of the figures in their packaging come in a couple of weeks before the retail packages arrive at the warehouse. So the pics are taken of the *samples* - my main point was that they are pictures of the production figures, as opposed to prototypes. Some retail Scully's have arrived here and are shipping, but Mulder is still a few days out! :duff

And yes, we are trying really hard to update production pictures as soon as samples arrive for us - as well as getting some of the older in-stock photos updated at the same time for your viewing pleasure :)

Glad you like the sig. I don't think Chris has seen it yet - I'm preparing myself for when that time comes! :angelsmil

Last edited:
Hey Dusty, is there a reason why the updated pics replace the prototype pics? Wouldn't it be better to have both pics, clearly titled, so consumers can see what differences have been made? Maybe even pointing out what the differences are.

I look at new items, not ones that I am interested in particularly, and wouldn't know if the pic was of the proto or the production one.

And no, you should not stop trying to be so helpful. I see what you mean by confusion now. Yes, you should not stop trying to be so helpful. :pow

Wouldn't it be better to have both pics, clearly titled, so consumers can see what differences have been made? Maybe even pointing out what the differences are.

I can see that being rather problematic and extremely confusing to their customers, don't you?

Good point Dave. As cool as it would be to do that, Creecher, our "normal" customers (ie: all those non-Freaks out there :p) may get a little confused - especially if they don't agree with the changes! That's another one of those things which is probably best left for the discussion boards - it's good to have some sculptors occasionally pay visits to the boards for that reason! We figure it's better to have pictures of the actual product that the collectors will be receiving rather than the prototypes, which may have been changed in the process between pre-order and shipping (for a variety of reasons - licensing, likeness issues, production issues, someone points out something that is wrong, etc, etc). Fresh photos are sometimes hard to keep up with, such as when many products start coming in at the same time, but we're trying to go back and squeeze in photo refreshes of those that didn't get updated in the past - as well as adding packaging photos! :banana

I just have one question................Does the Mulder figure look like he has drag queen makeup on in person?

What makes me mad is that Sideshow will do very limited site exclusives for Buffy (Darla, Der KInderstad), but they won't do it for the X-Files. They've only done Krycek, but Buffy gets 6 or more figures a year and X-files have barely gotten that many. We NEED a Skinner and a Grey Alien before they call this line quits.

At least Star Wars will reduce Buffy to the current condition of the X-Files :cool:

At least Star Wars will reduce Buffy to the current condition of the X-Files :cool:

Hey! Hey! HEY!

Don't pee in our rice crispies, just cause YOUR raisin bran's stale!

But seriously, it's encouraging to see something like Darla that is so seriously limited. Means there is a chance for more obscure characters in every line (except PotA of course).

No offense to you Buffy guys. Its just that I'm not a Buffy fan and since they got the line it seems Sideshow has only focused on Buffy, LotR, and Modern Horror. Now with LotR gone, SW will replace it, but since they will be doing 12"ers it will probably slow Buffy down a bit. Modern Horror has already slowing down without many more Jason and Freddy varients left. I mean the X-files has gotten three pre-orders the entire year and Buffy has gotten that many since SDCC. I'm just a bit tired of just seen new Buffy stuff. How about some more Universal Monsters :D I haven't had any new orders from Sideshow since the newest Jason! Sideshow could do low run site exclusives like Darla for other lines like X-Files, Universal Monsters, etc.

I was kidding a bit, I'm an X-phile too and would love to see more figures from the line, as well as the vintage horror. And perhaps Darla is a new release format that they are trying that might bode well for extremely limited figures in ALL the line.

So PotA, Uni monsters and X-File fans - all of you should buy Darla to keep the other lines alive!

Go get her!

....and use the banner above....:mwaha

Back