Autograph Freaks: The BEST Lon Chaney Sr. Sig EVER!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzfan84

Super Freak
Reaction score
This thread is for my buddies on here who collect vintage horror autos. I have already owned two Chaney Sr.s for a couple of years, but there was always one out there that I lusted for...

• Oversized... almost 8"x7"... it's from a guestbook
  • Dedicated to personal friend and fellow makeup artist, Cecil Holland
  • DATED ON HALLOWEEN!!!!

Yes, it's my total grail piece. YES, IT HAS FINALLY MADE IT INTO MY COLLECTION! I just got back from picking it up from a very good friend and the best autograph dealer in the world. If I never collect another thing, I will die a happy man.

Without further adieu...

chaney_to_cecil_holland.jpg

What do you think? :yess::panic::rock

I'm not an autograph guy at all, but even I realize that sig right there is amazingballz. HUGE pickup Ozz, congrats!

that is amazing you got the one thing you have always wanted! Just me (a stranger) being happy for someone with a real passion. The one thing I have always wanted and missed out on in 2009 is also a LON CHANEY (Jr) thing. The wolfman PF. I know I can get it for $500 but I just dont have enough to get it. Its killing me because I want to know the feeling of getting the one thing you loathe over. Anyway Congrads!

Thanks guys! I don't think this will ever leave my collection! Everything else I own (custom guitars, autographs from just about everyone else, statues) pales in comparison to how I feel about this piece.

I can't wait till my buddy Phibes sees this!

I also have a cool Lugosi autograph that was postmarked on HALLOWEEN to go with it! He likely signed it the night before at a Hollywood party celebrating the first day issue of the stamp.

lugosi.jpg

Thanks guys! I don't think this will ever leave my collection! Everything else I own (custom guitars, autographs from just about everyone else, statues) pales in comparison to how I feel about this piece.

I can't wait till my buddy Phibes sees this!

I also have a cool Lugosi autograph that was postmarked on HALLOWEEN to go with it! He likely signed it the night before at a Hollywood party celebrating the first day issue of the stamp.

lugosi.jpg

W-O-W!!!!!!! I am really stunned. You've definitely got some primo stuff there. It took me forever to find a Chaney that suited me. Mine is in pencil on a "Social" card (something you would send to another table with a complimentary bottle of wine, etc.) Yours being in fountain pen and dated Halloween is really splendid.

I have a friend on the UMA site that I have done some painting commissions for over the years. His name is Mario. He has an autograph collection that dwarfs any other I have ever seen. Signed photos of Lugosi as Dracula, Chaney as the Wolfman, etc. etc. If you ever see his stuff you will want him to put you in his will,lol.

Congrats on these. The Lugosi is just as impressive as the Chaney (to me especially). N-I-C-E STUFF!!!!!!!:medic:panic::medic

Thanks, dude! I believe you still owe me a high res scan of your Chaney!

By the way, my good friend and dealer I was speaking about is Dr. Gary Brucato of Classic Entertainment Autographs. He has the best database around of confirmed authentic exemplars:

https://www.thecead.com

Back