Attatching stormtrooper armor with elastic?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murdomac

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm sure i've read this somewhere but can't find it, I have seen a lot of customs/bashes that attatch the armor with elastic instead of threads to keep it tight and in place and allow for adjustment but how exactly is the elastic attached to the armor? thanks.

redid my Han and Luke in Stormtrooper disguise. I reused the elastic already on the armor and simply re-glued it. So to answer your question...GLUE :)

doh..well that was simple :) thanks...I did think of glue but then thought it wouldnt be strong enough, glad it's so simple.

doh..well that was simple :) thanks...I did think of glue but then thought it wouldnt be strong enough, glad it's so simple.

Yup I redid all this guys armour with white elastic.

u9e6e9a7.jpg

I used loctite super glue (not the gel) in the blue tube.

Small blob of glue on the plastic, hold the elastic to the plastic and its rock solid in about 10 seconds.

Hope this helps.

J.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

The most obvious and the way I've done it , is to attach the elastic with superglue . Use elastic more than 5mm in thickness and attach two strips about 3 inches long to the inside top part of the shoulder armour running parallel , attaching the two "bells" together . The elastic will then fit over the figure's head and you can then fit a loop of elastic around the bottom of each piece which loops around the figures bicep , holding it in place . Use thicker elastic on the chest/back pieces to join them together , but be sure to leave enough "stretch" to be able to the armour over the figure . Hope this helps , sorry I've not posted pics , but my troopers are not to hand at the moment !

Back