Asmus Toys Tauriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are a few more pictures. I am not saying she is perfect but I do like her quite a bit. I ordered from BBTS so with shipping she was $193 which is a lot but I think she is immediately identifiable as Tauriel and my collection was deeply in need of a Tolkien Elf.

20160103_113750.jpg
20160103_113802.jpg
20160103_113809.jpg
20160103_113817.jpg
20160103_113939.jpg
20160103_113956.jpg

Your pics look pretty good, Travis. If everyone had gotten one like that, the HS probably wouldn't have been such an issue.

Yeah, I lucked out, I guess. I was really upset by some of the pics on here and certainly see why people are upset. If Asmus redoes a batch of heads that are not deformed that is a first step but the bigger issue is the factory/QC issues in future releases. The body on Tauriel seems pretty legit though from my first round of poses with her which is the first figure of theirs that I have said that about.

Hopefully they can further improve their process overall... there are too many properties with excellent figures being released currently to compete with our dollars (especially if you are a SW fan) so they need to bring their "A" game all the more in this coming year.

I really have my fingers crossed that Saruman comes out like the prototype as he is my most wanted out of the entire line.

She looks pretty great in your shots, Travis. Congrats!

Hopefully the issues have been corrected on the later batches. I'm especially happy with the paint work on yours. No raccoon eyes. Hopefully that's what mine ends up looking like whenever Sideshow gets around to shipping her out to me.

It is slightly better indeed, I don't see the melting face. However, I hope Asmus can fix the problem not only on the melting face, but also improving the likeness. Fix the sculpt to make it look like Evangeline Lilly.

Hopefully they can further improve their process overall... there are too many properties with excellent figures being released currently to compete with our dollars (especially if you are a SW fan) so they need to bring their "A" game all the more in this coming year.

I really have my fingers crossed that Saruman comes out like the prototype as he is my most wanted out of the entire line.

AGREED! I really want to continue giving my money to this line so here's hoping they keep making major improvements. I'm wanting top quality collectibles. Saruman and the hobbits are looking really good.

Another crappy phone pic but up next to my Vanderstelt print of Tauriel. I really like this figure. I want to try more poses with her knives but the hands were so hard to swap I am trying to get the bow poses out of the way.

taurielprint.jpg

I have a few nitpicks after playing with her more. The lack or articulated ankles makes cool crouching poses impossible unfortunately. Also some of my hands are different shades... like right and left gripping hands are totally different from each other and from other hands in the set which is odd but not as noticeable with the way the sleeves cover the back of the hands. Also my quiver/sheath thing wont slide around the belt so it is on the opposite side of the way they show to set it up but it actually works as she can reach back and grab arrows from it which is nice.

Overall I really love this one, wish everyone was having the same experience. Makes me both excited and worried about Saruman.

Attachments

• 20160106_202303.jpg
    20160106_202303.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 187
I'm worried about Saruman as I preordered him as well. If Asmus ruined him, it'll be my last purchase from them. Still waiting on their action for Tauriel too.. remember Michael Crawford stated his criticism about the lack of likeness on this Tauriel figure.. so if you're going to fix it, Asmus.. please work on improving the likeness as well.

I'll have to wait for Hot Toys to release a 1/6 Wasp for a good Evangeline Lily likeness.

Disappointed with how the final figure turned out - there must have been some serious QC issues because I see some pics posted that are decent of Tauriel and others with that stroke/melted face look. I remember even when Asmus was showing the prototypes, the sculpt would keep changing (two steps forward, one step back).

I'm guessing the degree of difficulty to replicate the likeness of a female headsculpt must be much higher and error of margin much smaller (in general) than a male - because the Asmus Aragorn and Bard look OK (for the most part). It's the likeness of Tauriel and Eowyn that seem off to me.

Literally replace (swap) heads?

No, I gotta do hair modification, obviously. Or, wait for a chinese company to make a Tauriel version of Hot Toys Wasp head. Whichever works better. I hate it when I've spent a lot of money for a figure and still have to do hard work or spend another extra money to make it proper.

maybe they fixed the melting issue. Still needs to fix the likeness. Why bother having official licenses if they don't get the actor/actress' trademark look correctly.

has anyone had an issue with Tauriel's sidelocks falling out? I mean the locks of hair on either side of her face? Out of the box the locks of hair on the left side of mine looked like the majority had unglued after the doll was packaged and shipped. they were actually in the bottom around her feet. There are something like 15- 20 strands left glued to her left side. The right side didn't appear to have lost any but it doesn't look as full as other pictures of the figure that have been posted.
If Asmus would redo this head sculpt and choose to make the hair completely rooted, I'd go for that. Someone else mentioned waiting for a chinese company to do it - also an option I'm holding out for, like those nice new Milla heads floating around ebay.

Back