Asmus Toys Tauriel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want her, I like her sculpt. With better painting, she will look amazing.

vkxlqdN.jpg

This looks fantastic!

Hello guys,

Has been a while since I come here, it has been crazy with us lately. Tons of works clash together,
so I couldn't come up here and share things with you guys as I use to.
Just short of man-power, hopefully things will get better after Xmas.

Anyway, just want to share the first hand Tauriel photo here !!
Hope you guys enjoy the photos and remember to go to theater to watch the final Hobbit movie. :wave

View attachment 152406

View attachment 152407

View attachment 152408

View attachment 152409

View attachment 152410

Very nice figure but the face doesn't really look at all like Evangeline to me. Eyes are way too big, possibly the mouth too.

Tauriel-image-tauriel-36489133-1800-978.jpg

Were can i order this. I want to put in a pre-order. It doesnt seem to be on the Asmus website.

It's a little hard to judge when over half the figure is covered in shadow/blocked by a naked hobbit.

From everything we've seen i'm fine with the figure save the leather armor; which could be fitted better imo.

Assuming eowyn still gets released first she'll be a good measuring stick for the rest of the women in this line.

Tauriel appears to look like a new head sculpt but the lighting is not allowing for much detail. The cooler thing that I'm seeing is what looks to be a properly scaled and proportioned Dwarf/Hobbit body.

If that's the new hobbit body, I'm sold. Nice and slender. Needs to be slim because of the many layers of clothes. Plus, the old Sideshow hobbit body was far to thick through the torso. Ended up making the arms look stumpy.

I'm not sure this would work as a dwarf body, though. While slenderness works for hobbits, dwarves need a little more heft. Maybe they're planning to do two bodies? Or just pad them out with fat suits?

Whatever the plan, this body looks pretty good to me!

I think for a first look that is super promising. It does look more to me like Liv so don't throw away what you got, someone can probably modify that into Arwen. I would buy her how she looks now so as long as you improve from here, I'm sold. If you can tighten/conform her bodice a bit though that would be appreciated.

I would vote for both sculpted and rooted hair sculpts to be included but if it is one or the other, then rooted for sure. I prefer to put my figures into action poses and change them up at least every couple of months... it is exactly why I buy figures and don't collect any statues, I want to put them in as many different poses as possible and sculpted hair of any length restricts movement and has a tendency to look odd in many of the poses it does allow.

I agree and echo all of this. I'm happy quality female figures are representing.

If that's the new hobbit body, I'm sold. Nice and slender. Needs to be slim because of the many layers of clothes. Plus, the old Sideshow hobbit body was far to thick through the torso. Ended up making the arms look stumpy.

I'm not sure this would work as a dwarf body, though. While slenderness works for hobbits, dwarves need a little more heft. Maybe they're planning to do two bodies? Or just pad them out with fat suits?

Whatever the plan, this body looks pretty good to me!
The post on FB says this body will be sized proportionately up for a dwarf body. Tauriels head sculpt looks the same to me.

That's, I hope, is still the prototype, but just in case, in the final product, please make sure that the head and the body is on the same tone. Right now from that FB pic we can see that the head is pinkish and the body is yellowish.

Back