Asmus Toys : Lord of the Ring : Gothmog

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on that SSW Gothmog...I'd say the Asmus is a definitive step in the right direction!

Took a picture of the SSW Gothmog for reference

null_zps0f7cb31b.jpg

That's a nice statue, but from that angle it almost looks like he's saying: "What? A party? For me!? You guys! You shouldn't have!"

Let's reveal this puppy...or kitty already. :D

Seeing Saruman in Josh's sig, I think I'd like to see him next (even though I know the line up we're getting this round). Still, I want the White Witch.

So the remaining figures this year are: Gimli, Gandalf and Aragorn. Tough line-up. Lots of expectation. I'm going to guess GIMLI next because the beard and dwarfishness hides some of the facial detail so he might fair better 'round here than Gandalf/Aragorn most likely will.

Next Five, let's please have SARUMAN and LURTZ.

Gimli should be pretty boss I think. I'd consider getting him if he comes out good enough. Not sure on GTW to be honest and Aragorn will happen if he's in his Black Gates look. Anything else I'll think on.

Saruman would be one I'd strongly lean towards getting. :rock

Yeah...based on what we have seen and what we know:

Asmus is delivering 4 lines of LOTR products.
1) Heroes: 1st figure Witchking (Hero from Mordor)
2) Army of Mordor: 1st figure Gothmog
3) Men of the West: 1st figure Aragorn
4) Armor's of Middle-earth: Guessing they will have some armor to release perhaps something from Rohan?

I would say that Gimli is a the 2nd figure from the Heroes line. After that, Gandalf seems to be a 'Heroes' line figure as well...so they may push that one back to get #2 in the other two lines. I'm thinking a Mouth of Sauron, generic Orc, or perhaps Skully for the 2nd Army of Mordor...or even a generic wraith. The 2nd Men of the West figure should probably be Boromir, but may end up being Eomer or Eowyn or even an armored Theoden.

:panic: :panic:

Love how this turned out... still think the head could be more accurate, but it looks f'n disgusting. And I love, love, love the hacked up soldier accessory... that's just brilliant!!!

Definitely looks like a Helm's Deep Aragorn laying near Gothmog in most pictures...but especially in this one:

1013982_10151457733656968_1709912911_n.jpg

Cool that they are giving us a little sneak peek!

Also...could the Gondorian armor accessory be pointing us at the FIRST Armor of Middle-earth set being a Gondorian Soldier's armor?? Me thinks YES!

One of the few Toybiz figures I never got rid of was Gothmog... even in a 6" figure he looks totally badass!

I especially love how this one looks when he's holding a weapon :rock

:panic: :panic:

Love how this turned out... still think the head could be more accurate, but it looks f'n disgusting. And I love, love, love the hacked up soldier accessory... that's just brilliant!!!

Could not have said it any better, J. :exactly::lecture

Thank goodness for this line! The way HT has dropped the ball with SW and the slow rate at which SS is giving us OT characters this is just about the only thing I have to look forward to. So glad we look to be 2 for 2 with this line! :hi5:

Back