Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The neck sits absolutely fine. Obviously have to remove the magnetic attachment from the original crown head.
I just ran a tooth brush through his hair with water and a tiny bit of hair spray makes it look far more realistic.
My scene box from moria.
IMG_20230911_134158.jpg

Here it is with the head sculpt properly seated:
:love :love :love

Day-um, THAT is Gandalf really shows off all the seams and costume details I luv ASMUS for - reminds me of a favorite poster:

Hobbit_poster_opt.jpg

Always liked this one of the Gray Pilgrim and it's sort of innocent but there's a kind of ominous light - the moment before EVERYTHING will change in Middle Earth.😲

Did the hair come out of the boz like that? It looks fantastic.:clap

Not yet, but when I’ve purchased over a weekend before it was a day or two into the new week before I got a shipping notice. Also without a doubt Asmus is the fastest shipper I’ve ever dealt with. Even faster than US sellers. BUT then again it might have been listed as a pre-order (although it didn’t state that) for them to know how many they need to make. Either way I’m just happy to get my order in. I’m cool with waiting if I have to.
We are on the second day of the new week and no shipping notice yet....at least not for me...

:love :love :love

Day-um, THAT is Gandalf really shows off all the seams and costume details I luv ASMUS for - reminds me of a favorite poster:

View attachment 661727

Always liked this one of the Gray Pilgrim and it's sort of innocent but there's a kind of ominous light - the moment before EVERYTHING will change in Middle Earth.😲

Did the hair come out of the boz like that? It looks fantastic.:clap

Yep, that’s the hair straight out of the box. I fluffed then ”combed” it slightly just with my fingers.

As much as my annoyance with Asmus, the more I see of this new head the more I look forward to it. It looks quite good.

Edit: Oh, and did everyone get a tracking number?

Will there be more batches of the new head available? My notification email went to spam last time so I missed it.

As much as my annoyance with Asmus, the more I see of this new head the more I look forward to it. It looks quite good.

Edit: Oh, and did everyone get a tracking number?
I have a tracking number for my smeagol/gollum replacement, but nothing yet for gandalf head.

Hey folks. I'm new here, but have been reading your posts as a reference/guide to the Gandalf the Grey upgrade head sculpt. I missed the first two production waves, but got the third. I ordered it on Friday the 8th and arrived in record time on Tuesday the 12th. I live in California. The sculpt looks amazing in every way and was easy to swap out with the original. I got the hat and mini Frodo like everyone else, but I got something extra I haven't seen mentioned here before - Anduril, Flame of the West. It is sixth scale die-cast with Elvish lettering, and I assume it will one day accompany a Crown release of Aragorn from Return of the King.

Attachments

• IMG_1172.jpg
    IMG_1172.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1173.jpg
    IMG_1173.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1174.jpg
    IMG_1174.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1175.jpg
    IMG_1175.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Actually, the lettering on the blade looks more like runes than Elvish script. Maybe it's Narsil and this will be for an Isildur figure.

Yeah they are crazy quick. I remember ordering from them on a Saturday night…and I had my package by Tuesday.
Got ashipping notice as well but not delivery date yet

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-14 11.54.32 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-14 11.54.32 AM.png
    148.7 KB · Views: 0
Hey folks. I'm new here, but have been reading your posts as a reference/guide to the Gandalf the Grey upgrade head sculpt. I missed the first two production waves, but got the third. I ordered it on Friday the 8th and arrived in record time on Tuesday the 12th. I live in California. The sculpt looks amazing in every way and was easy to swap out with the original. I got the hat and mini Frodo like everyone else, but I got something extra I haven't seen mentioned here before - Anduril, Flame of the West. It is sixth scale die-cast with Elvish lettering, and I assume it will one day accompany a Crown release of Aragorn from Return of the King.

How is no one else responding to this? That's pretty awesome! I hope one os included with mine.

I recall Asmus mentioning Anduril would accompany some Gandalf heads.

It’s the free Christmas gift 50 of us on these boards received last year for being helpful contributors and loyal customers- mostly.
Mine just sits with Arwen on her chaise lounge.

Sadly, it’s too small for 1/6 scale, just as that Berserker Uruk helmet included with Hem’s Deep Aragorn was closer to 1/4 scale- but Asmus assured us that the sword would be in true 1/6 scale when they get around to giving us Black Gates armour Aragorn.

I recall Asmus mentioning Anduril would accompany some Gandalf heads.

It’s the free Christmas gift 50 of us on these boards received last year for being helpful contributors and loyal customers- mostly.
Mine just sits with Arwen on her chaise lounge.

Sadly, it’s too small for 1/6 scale, just as that Berserker Uruk helmet included with Hem’s Deep Aragorn was closer to 1/4 scale- but Asmus assured us that the sword would be in true 1/6 scale when they get around to giving us Black Gates armour Aragorn.
I like the helmet tho. I mean - it's an orc helmet, pretty cool, and they came in all sizes. Re the sword maybe just mount it to a small oval of wood and use it as part of a display?

I don't think my heads are in the U.S. yet.:monkey2 But, I was playing around with my Crown Gandalf (mostly he's in a cabinet, getting ready to behead him:lol) and - it's really a good sculpt except the eye thing. At the right angle or from the side, it's kinda eerie.😁 Like having a mini Gandalf.

Shame about the original hat, the material is really nice. I still haven't willed myself to rip stitches out and see what I can do to modify it for fit.

Back