Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given the importance of the character, and with it being the first of their "premier" line, it would be a huge shame not to provide us with an improved hat that the figure can actually wear.

But of course they were perfectly fine releasing the figure with these glaring flaws in the first place, so I'm not that hopeful that they'll decide to make any changes now.

I don't think they will do that. Asmus had a free sword thing going on last year after Christmas I believe. If they do fix the hat, they'll probably offer us the new version in some way.

I'm sure the rooted hair and beard were the focus that got most of us to pay this kind of money for the figure. Asmus tried to add more value to the figure with the articulated eyes but made it worst. No way I am cancelling my order but yea, it could have been perfect if they didn't do articulated eyes. The hat can be fixed one way or another.

Well, I know I was really into the hair, and maybe if they made the nose less big than V1. I'm pretty happy with that fig and all the accessories. I have the DX Sparrow with the articulated eyes but rarely change that up.

Points to ASMUS for trying - something I personally didn't need. Still curious as to whether the eyes could be replaced with German glass eyes.

I ordered mine in June 2019 directly from Asmus and still haven't received any notification from them.

How many people in a similar situation to me?

I ordered mine in June 2019 directly from Asmus and still haven't received any notification from them.

Have you attempted to contacted them with an email containing your order number in the subject title? I always do this and they have always responded to me.

I ordered in May of 2020 and emailed them last week.
The replied immediately and told me they were still working through 2019 orders.
Next day I saw that EKIA Hobbies had the figure in stock and ordered one, no preorder or anything.
Long story short , my Gandalf arrived from EKIA arrived on Sunday and I?m still waiting for my invoice from Asmus.

What is the consensus regarding the pipe slotting into the staff? I got mine from BBTS and there is no slot in the staff for the pipe. I'm curious how that is working out for everyone else and where you ordered from?

What is going on with Asmus' store? I ordered mine from BBTS in October 2020 and it's in the mail right now. How have you guys who ordered directly from Asmus in 2019 not gotten yours yet. Kinda silly if you ask me.

Cool idea; I have the Daddy 'rog with the sword. Will try to remember to do that at some point. My 'rog is way up on a high shelf - gotta be careful getting him down for any photo shoots.

But waiting patiently for any notice from SSC in meantime.

That's the Balrog I have too. I ordered Gandalf direct from Asmus very late in the game so probably won't receive mine until after summer.

mine is displayed with the pipe in the staff- no problem at all- bought from Asmus.

It seems BBTS got a different batch of figures. Seems like the Asmus orders got the pipe in the staff and the BBTS orders got the pipe outside the box in a plastic bag and a staff with no slot for it:(

Same here, or worst: ordered Gandalf, Aragorn, Faramir and Galadriel on their site almost day one. Already paid half of them but never received them, other invoices never received at all. They answered me it is because of the the new Covid situation. But it seems more like fraud to me and I am already getting worried. This is no good service for loyal customers at all.

Count me in. Ordered day one, even hour one, no invoice.

I asked a few weeks ago, they said shipping restrictions are preventing them sending by usual mail to the UK. Wanted $160 to ship via DHL. I passed...

A bit annoying to see it sitting in stock with retailers.

Isn't there a chance Taiwan is facing some Military attack from China?

Anyways,glad I canceled my GtG order.
Car issues and standing down from Management have defo started to put holes in my collection.

It seems BBTS got a different batch of figures. Seems like the Asmus orders got the pipe in the staff and the BBTS orders got the pipe outside the box in a plastic bag and a staff with no slot for it:(

Reminds me of the Thranduil that got made at some point with a different head - or the head that is supposed to be on one of the elven soldiers.:dunno

Dunno if ASMUS changes production companies in the middle of a run, or what. Are they just using the staff from V1 Gandalf? I don't remember checking for a pipe slot for that one. Hmm.

Some of the problems described here are why I try to stay within U.S. ordering. It's not that I wouldn't order from ASMUS and there are major shipping problems and they can be very responsive...

But sounds like they are still working some kinks out for the ordering process.

Reminds me of the Thranduil that got made at some point with a different head - or the head that is supposed to be on one of the elven soldiers.:dunno

Dunno if ASMUS changes production companies in the middle of a run, or what. Are they just using the staff from V1 Gandalf? I don't remember checking for a pipe slot for that one. Hmm.

Some of the problems described here are why I try to stay within U.S. ordering. It's not that I wouldn't order from ASMUS and there are major shipping problems and they can be very responsive...

But sounds like they are still working some kinks out for the ordering process.

I learned years ago not to order direct from the smaller overseas 1/6 companies when I had a major problem with a Threezero order. They are an absolute pain in the arse to deal with.

Anyways,glad I canceled my GtG order.
Car issues and standing down from Management have defo started to put holes in my collection.

Nah, they're doing "military tests" around the area. It's a show of force, but nothing of major consequence to Taiwan. Same crap every other country does, trillion dollar d*** measuring contests.... They aren't currently interrupting any exporting.

Yes.

China is attempting to claim Taiwan as it's property and has been moving naval ships and aircraft carriers closer to the island. I believe yesterday they actually penetrated what Taiwan claims is it's defense zone, which has further pushed the idea that China is going to go for a hostile takeover. Taiwan has said they will defend themselves to whatever end, so there could be some kind of conflict coming.

The American government has said it's committed to Taiwan but I believe the Biden administration has expressed concerns about being able to protect them, especially given China's close proximity to Taiwan and the possibility of a war if the west steps in. It's a dicey situation. I'm not sure anything will actually happen, but Taiwan seems much less likely to roll over the way Hong Kong did if something does.

Could be a reason Asmus hasn't announced anything lately, with the uncertainty in the area at the moment. If China does invade, they might not be putting anything out for a while.

This is total BS.

My staff is like this too. Asmus needs to find a way to rectify it. They're still producing Gandalf figures as we know there's more coming out later this year for the late pre-orders. They need to make a few extra staffs to replace the ones that went out wrong to places like BBTS.

I've been willing to overlook the eye issues, they tried something new. I've been willing to overlook the base issues as they can be fixed. The hat and staff errors are inexcusable for the premium quality figure this was advertised to be.

It's really going to piss me off if they don't off the replace them. I'll get an Aragorn and Legolas and never buy from them again otherwise if they don't do something to make this right.

This is total BS.

My staff is like this too. Asmus needs to find a way to rectify it. They're still producing Gandalf figures as we know there's more coming out later this year for the late pre-orders. They need to make a few extra staffs to replace the ones that went out wrong to places like BBTS.

I've been willing to overlook the eye issues, they tried something new. I've been willing to overlook the base issues as they can be fixed. The hat and staff errors are inexcusable for the premium quality figure this was advertised to be.

It's really going to piss me off if they don't off the replace them. I'll get an Aragorn and Legolas and never buy from them again otherwise if they don't do something to make this right.

Tiny dremel hole will fix the staff.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back