Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe us who ordered first will get ours last ??
Maybe it?s in alphabetical order ?? I dunno how they are working it.

I?ve ordered from asmus many times but only as a guest I never became a member (which I only realised in December) but they still get my order numbers on record ect so should not make a difference.

I just hope I?m not forgotten.

Got my wait list converted.

This is a bizarre one for me I'm not a huge fan of the film but really like the sheer detail on this. My brother looked at getting his original haired which was double the price of this.:lol

Great shot Maximus! I've been feeling very uneasy about this figure from all the other pics I've seen, but this is the first one that really makes it work, and look like a real person. :clap

I've been feeling the same way, davejames. This figure apparently is hard to capture in pics and appears to look much better in hand. Mine is still in route and I'm eager to see it in hand. But Maximus's pic definitely makes me feel better.

22aa93e9e318011476d9b6f7c4d08267.jpg

Received mine today and the first thing I checked is the eyes.... I can tell you this is not an issue at all. Eye is shunned in as you age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn now that's a figure selling photo right there. Great futzing and pose, even if it's simple. Looks very natural! Might have to steal that pose when mine eventually comes in.

How did you futz the hair? Did you use any tools? Not sure what's the best thing to use when futzing it so that it doesn't get more fuzzy.

I've been feeling the same way, davejames. This figure apparently is hard to capture in pics and appears to look much better in hand. Mine is still in route and I'm eager to see it in hand. But Maximus's pic definitely makes me feel better.

Yeah the dark, super reflective eyes were so distracting and off-putting that it just seemed to throw off the entire likeness for me. But I guess if you can keep the eyes in shadow enough it makes the sculpt work a lot better again. So that's a relief to know.

Damn now that's a figure selling photo right there. Great futzing and pose, even if it's simple. Looks very natural! Might have to steal that pose when mine eventually comes in.

How did you futz the hair? Did you use any tools? Not sure what's the best thing to use when futzing it so that it doesn't get more fuzzy.

Thanks. For the hair, I just used water (slightly wet your finger and stroke the hair downwards. By the way, the hair is really fine

So you don't have to fully soak the hair? Just brushing with wet fingers is enough?

Very good to know! I've never tried this before and I don't want to mess this up!

I actually think the figure looks better without the stand. The stand is nice, but when he?s on it it looks very.....crowded? I dunno...

I agree, its those plants, they are a little cheap looking. Wonder if they can come off.

Awesome pics! Really looks great.

I still haven?t received my invoice, and I ordered within minutes of it going up on the site.

Seeing these pics is driving my anticipation through the roof haha
Thanks, yeah my anticipation was shooting up through the roof waiting for mine as well I know the exact feeling!

That's a gorgeous display! :clap

Which stand is that? I really dig it. Really pairs perfectly with that figure.
Thank you. Its a custom base I made. Originally was for Frodo but it works better for Gandalf I think. The Bag End Base went to Bilbo.
Love the futzed pics. Eager to get mine.
Once futzed properly, this really is an incredible looking figure. Nice pictures everyone!
Thanks, yes once futzed properly this figure really does shine in my opinion!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

That's the money shot, right there. I'm feeling even better now, on the figure.
Thanks! It really is a solid figure. I think people are freaking for no reason. Case in point another collector posted this pic on FB. Talking about money shot!

This is after he put some product in the beard and hear. Which I intend to do. Amazing. FB_IMG_1614996473912.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back