Asmus Toys Lord of the Ring Gandalf Gray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless I missed it, I'm pretty sure I did not get a pipe. Also, my mail box doesn't stay in either. Guess that will be a common problem.

With all these small issues I'm probably going to be like this when it comes. Lol d5c142d9cea6cea8acfcfe50970f845b.jpg

I gotta say, between the love, the hatred, the passion, the trolling, the reviews, the insults...this has been one of the more wild thread follows in my time on this board.

I gotta say, between the love, the hatred, the passion, the trolling, the reviews, the insults...this has been one of the more wild thread follows in my time on this board.

Just a reminder that Gandalf was labelled a disturber of the peace.....

Well I paid my invoice yesterday and Gandalf is on his way to me! I did try and email requesting the cost for a shipping upgrade (I would really rather his fate wasn't in the hands of USPS right now...) but he had already left.
Having said that, can anybody in the US tell me how long their delivery took to arrive?

Very excited for this one! I have a feeling this will be in my top 5 figures easily! (Except the hat, but hopefully that can be altered...)

"A wizard is never late, Frodo Baggins. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to". - Gandalf the Grey

After waiting nearly four weeks after the original shipping notification Gandalf is finally home and on the shelf!

Super impressed with the hairing on this guy. Beard is great the hair is slicked back with a lot of product which I was hoping wasn't the case as I wanted to get some of his hair hanging down in front of his face. I may mess with it later to see what I can do. Or I'll add a few Grey strainds myself. Body is a lot more sturdy than the V1. And seems to have Ratchet joints in the arms etc. People complaining about the eyes really shouldn't. It's not nearly an issue in person. Though they do come off VERY glossy. Some angles it looks like he's watering up/tearful. But nothing that should warrant a person canceling. This WILL sell out and people WILL be kicking themselves when it's fetching double or triple on the aftermarket. Absolutely love this figure. Bar has been set very high for the Crown series future releases.

Hat in the picture is the old Sideshow Sculpted hat from their 1:6 version.

More pics can be found on my instagram
www.instagram.com/cellar_toys

FB_IMG_1614896909703.jpgFB_IMG_1614896911970.jpgFB_IMG_1614896914223.jpgFB_IMG_1614896916130.jpgFB_IMG_1614896918018.jpgFB_IMG_1614896921774.jpgFB_IMG_1614896936362.jpg20210304_134717.jpgFB_IMG_1614896947288.jpgFB_IMG_1614896940939.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Great shots, Joshua! Nice to see that you're happy with him.
And thanks for those comparison shots with the V1. This really feels like an all-around improvement. I never liked the boots nor the body of the V1, great to see those improved as well.

Great shots, Joshua! Nice to see that you're happy with him.
And thanks for those comparison shots with the V1. This really feels like an all-around improvement. I never liked the boots nor the body of the V1, great to see those improved as well.
Thanks. Yeah I can't wait to get more time to look over everything but overall this is definitely a step up all around.

Well I paid my invoice yesterday and Gandalf is on his way to me! I did try and email requesting the cost for a shipping upgrade (I would really rather his fate wasn't in the hands of USPS right now...) but he had already left.
Having said that, can anybody in the US tell me how long their delivery took to arrive?

Very excited for this one! I have a feeling this will be in my top 5 figures easily! (Except the hat, but hopefully that can be altered...)
Mine was paid and "shipped" on Feb 8th and it just arrived today.

Helms Deep Aragorn took 9 days to deliver. My guess is mine sat in a warehouse over CNY and took the slow boat to US.

Asmus says BBTS received some of the stock from February so hopefully their shipment comes in this month to fulfill some orders.

Back